British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Gasser90

Wolves vs pboro semi final 1

So with Peterborough hitting a big score last night and morale nice and high in the pits, what are people thinking for Monday ? Andersen’s last meeting at reserve. Possibly a great bit of team management by Lyon. I can see Peterborough keeping it very close at wolves and then a bit home win the following week 

I think a small win on Monday for the Wolves, due to the Adams factor, but the Panthers will seal an aggregate win at Alwalton fairly easily.

Think the Alwalton leg might be fairly tight, actually, but only if Wolves can carry some sort of lead into the match. They only lost there by eight in the second league encounter and that was after dropping a last-heat 5-1. Their problem, ironically, may well be in trying to establish any kind of advantage from the home leg. Harris at No.2 worked like a dream in the second Monmore match and you can bet your last penny that he'll be in the same slot on Monday (I'm assuming Ostergaard still tops the averages?). If Peterborough don't have many to make up, leg two could be a long old night for Wolves. But if they could somehow dig out an unlikely 10-point home win and keep it tight away early on, then we could have an interesting tie on our hands. But, overall, you'd have to make Peterborough favourites -- not overwhelmingly, but certainly 60-40% or thereabouts. 

• Like 1

I can see the Wolves putting an absolute balls up of an ultra grippy track on, to negate the threat of Andersen 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Fourentee said:

Think the Alwalton leg might be fairly tight, actually, but only if Wolves can carry some sort of lead into the match. They only lost there by eight in the second league encounter and that was after dropping a last-heat 5-1. Their problem, ironically, may well be in trying to establish any kind of advantage from the home leg. Harris at No.2 worked like a dream in the second Monmore match and you can bet your last penny that he'll be in the same slot on Monday (I'm assuming Ostergaard still tops the averages?). If Peterborough don't have many to make up, leg two could be a long old night for Wolves. But if they could somehow dig out an unlikely 10-point home win and keep it tight away early on, then we could have an interesting tie on our hands. But, overall, you'd have to make Peterborough favourites -- not overwhelmingly, but certainly 60-40% or thereabouts. 

Agree with all of that. I think Panthers start as favourites, but only just. We know all it takes is a couple of E/F's or Falls and could be a 8 points swing in a heat, fine margins.

Hopefully 30 cracking heats, no dodgy decisions by the ref, and we can actually see some decent speedway on the TV.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Beowulf said:

I think a small win on Monday for the Wolves, due to the Adams factor, but the Panthers will seal an aggregate win at Alwalton fairly easily.

Ronnie Correy heat 1;)

Champers:rofl:

24 minutes ago, Baldyman said:

I can see the Wolves putting an absolute balls up of an ultra grippy track on, to negate the threat of Andersen 

What is the Wolves track normally like? If it is not normally prepared like that then it will just mess up the home riders more and back fire.

This is a 50/50 tie, only 1 point separated the two teams in the regular season.

Wolves will be under more pressure. They have a full 1-7, while the Panthers are without their number 1.

1 minute ago, KeirStarmerFan said:

This is a 50/50 tie, only 1 point separated the two teams in the regular season.

Wolves will be under more pressure. They have a full 1-7, while the Panthers are without their number 1.

Nice try, anyone who finishes top aren't underdogs  lol

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Fourentee said:

Plus there won't be any tactical substitutions allowed.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, KeirStarmerFan said:

At the beginning of the season no sane person would have said Ostergaard would end up as your no 1. No fan wants to see any rider injured but in truth you haven't been disadvantaged by it, quite possibly the reverse.

12 minutes ago, Beowulf said:

At the beginning of the season no sane person would have said Ostergaard would end up as your no 1. No fan wants to see any rider injured but in truth you haven't been disadvantaged by it, quite possibly the reverse.

Didn't Poole win a championship with never ending RR for Boyce?

10 minutes ago, Wolfsbane said:

White City did with RR for Dag Lovaas for entire season

48 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

Nice try, anyone who finishes top aren't underdogs  lol

I wonder what Shovlar thinks about Poole's chances.I'm sure they will be massive underdogs:lol:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

37 minutes ago, Wolfsbane said:

Didn't Oxford win one using R/R for Lukas Dryml most of the season?

• Like 1