British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Gasser90

Wolves vs pboro semi final 1

1 hour ago, noaksey said:

Bad refereeing doesn't excuse cheating 

As has been mentioned before, what about awarding the race no matter what lap it is on if the ref is sure that a rider is staying down on purpose?

40 minutes ago, scoobydoo said:

No one has mentioned the IRR situation for MPT,  i for one didn't think it could be used when RR was already in use,  but with the no TS rule in place was it a case of the IRR was permitted therefore in the play offs and not a normal league match ?

Poole used IRR at Birmingham

21 minutes ago, scoobydoo said:

Just thought i had read it couldn't be used with RR its good it can be used and was introduced to cover for a rider who was injured during a meeting it at least limits the 3 rider races as well

Doesn't stop the 3 rider races if it is a reserve that gets injured unless you take a no8 with you.

8 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

As has been mentioned before, what about awarding the race no matter what lap it is on if the ref is sure that a rider is staying down on purpose?

Doesn't stop the 3 rider races if it is a reserve that gets injured unless you take a no8 with you.

A No 8 can only take RR rides, so wouldn't help at all if a reserve got injured.

33 minutes ago, KingoftheTrack said:

Another thing I forgot to add.

If it was Douglas or Nicol who fell in Heat 14 and either saw the Panthers on a 5 - 1 do you think either would've gotten up to allow the race to continue knowing full well it would be a body blow to Wolves as a team?

Still wouldn't have made it right, would it? 

11 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

If a reserve is injured, the other reserve takes his place. 

7 minutes ago, sandking072 said:

Still wouldn't have made it right, would it? 

No but it's the smart thing to do otherwise it's like a football player scoring an own goal by helping out the opposition.

6 minutes ago, KingoftheTrack said:

No but it's the smart thing to do otherwise it's like a football player scoring an own goal by helping out the opposition.

Because players deliberately scoring against their own team happens a lot in football, doesn't it? :rolleyes: 

17 minutes ago, NeilWatson said:

A No 8 can only take RR rides, so wouldn't help at all if a reserve got injured.

14 minutes ago, racers and royals said:

If a reserve is injured, the other reserve takes his place. 

But that reserve might also need to do some of the original r/r rides, so if a no8 can do that for them, you shouldn't get too many 3 rider races?

Also if it is the higher averaged reserve who is injured, do you still use a rider above for one of the rides in IRR like you do in the normal R/R?

14 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

But that reserve might also need to do some of the original r/r rides, so if a no8 can do that for them, you shouldn't get too many 3 rider races?

Also if it is the higher averaged reserve who is injured, do you still use a rider above for one of the rides in IRR like you do in the normal R/R?

Fair comment.

IRR is not available for an injured reserve.

49 minutes ago, NeilWatson said:

Fair comment.

IRR is not available for an injured reserve.

Ah okay, so just for 1-5. I didn't realise that. So essentially just reserve change is all you can do then.

5 hours ago, noaksey said:

Bad refereeing doesn't excuse cheating 

I don’t agree with his actions and certainly won’t condone it but it happens on a fairly regular basis and has done for lots of years. Unfortunately the powers at be seem reluctant or powerless to stop it.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Fromafar said:

Agree that should have awarded 5/1 to Wolves.Hans cheated.Makes the sport look what it is “ Mickey Mouse”.

So soccer is a mickey mouse sport due to players falling over for penalties. That's cheating.  Anyway watching Hans again I don't think he could turn and finished up baling out and trapped under the bike

2 hours ago, crazyb said:

So soccer is a mickey mouse sport due to players falling over for penalties. That's cheating.  Anyway watching Hans again I don't think he could turn and finished up baling out and trapped under the bike

He was picking his spot to fall:P

14 hours ago, bigcatdiary said:

I don’t agree with his actions and certainly won’t condone it but it happens on a fairly regular basis and has done for lots of years. Unfortunately the powers at be seem reluctant or powerless to stop it.

They did for about 1or 2  seasons I think but was got rid of where if team A was on a 5-1 and a rider went down and stayed down on purpose the remaining rider from team B went of 15 meters. 

Edited by shadowfax
spelling mistake

8 minutes ago, shadowfax said:

They did for about 1or 2  seasons I think but was got rid of where if team A was on a 5-1 and a rider went down and stayed down on purpose the remaining rider from team B went of 15 meters. 

Yes I remember the rule, personally if the referee is satisfied a rider does it on purpose he should have the power to award the race as it stood at the time the rider fell.

I despise cheating in any form in this sport, unfortunately some of the people running the sport don’t share my views.

• Like 5