British Speedway Forum
lisa-colette

Sheffield vs Belle Vue 30/09/21 POSF 1st leg

It’s due to pass over by 4ish but the rain we have just had in Wilmslow was extreme, and it’s heading right to Sheffield. Definitely no need to water.

I think this should be a cracker if the track isn't too wet and I fancy Sheffield to prevail, they are in much better for now, beating Peterborough away from home is a great result and I don't think a repeat of a 54-36 thrashing at Belle Vue will be repeated especially now Troy Batchelor seems to have found some form. Just a shame they can't televise it.

The track will be very wet. There is a lot of rain around right now.  I think if it was a normal meeting it would of been called off by now. 

8 minutes ago, Stanleyman said:

The track will be very wet. There is a lot of rain around right now.  I think if it was a normal meeting it would of been called off by now. 

Evening sunshine will dry it up :t:

42 minutes ago, Stanleyman said:

It was only few heavy showers, it was dry yesterday and this morning. Track should be able to take more then that. Will be dry at least couple of hours how, question is if there will be any more showers this evening.

53 minutes ago, Stanleyman said:

I thought the Sheffield could take some water as the drainage is quite good there I was led to believe so as long as it isn't torrential it should be ok I would have thought.

Are there any alternative dates left  without disrupting TV coverage of the "showpiece"  p.off final ? 

Seems to me its a must run meeting whatever the weather and however poor the entertainment is for the hardy spectators.

At least they have some covered accommodation at Owlerton.

Nothing like early team news hey.