British Speedway Forum

14 hours ago, R87 said:

And mugs will pay for them.  Bin it and get it into Belle Vue 

14 hours ago, R87 said:

And mugs will pay for them.  Bin it and get it into Belle Vue 

Belle Vue is not big enough unfortunately.

Well they don't make ticket buying easy do they. What ever happened to posting tickets out or at least print at home. Now you have to have a smartphone to download an app, not great for us older people with limited knowledge of mobile phones.Any way I have been through the system , managed eventually to download the app and complete the transaction. Only problem is when I go to the app it comes up "you tickets will appear here, no tickets yet." Is this normal or have others got their tickets straight away. Any help would be appreciated  . Thanks in advance. . 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, iwright71 said:

Well they don't make ticket buying easy do they. What ever happened to posting tickets out or at least print at home. Now you have to have a smartphone to download an app, not great for us older people with limited knowledge of mobile phones.Any way I have been through the system , managed eventually to download the app and complete the transaction. Only problem is when I go to the app it comes up "you tickets will appear here, no tickets yet." Is this normal or have others got their tickets straight away. Any help would be appreciated  . Thanks in advance. . 

Oh, i hadn't read that, assumed they would be sent out as usual!!

According to details on the app terms and conditions the millennium stadium is now fully ticket less. meaning you have to have the app to show your tickets, can see this causing allsorts of issues to old and young people a like as we are not all good on smart phones, it does say if you lose charge on your phone the ticket office may be able to help on the day, just imagine the que.  I have bought tickets for other older people,thought I could print tickets out. Now gonna have to try and help them download the app so I can send a link to upload tickets so they can get into the stadium !!! Oh the joys of technology :blink: give me printed tickets any day 

Also said tickets released around 3 weeks before the event

Edited by Neila
Added to
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 1/28/2022 at 11:08 PM, Neila said:

For GP would be a crowd of 40000 ish but for GP2 would be surprised if 5000 turned up even if tickets included in  price, a lot of people won't be staying in Cardiff and many who do stay will want to get home for work on Monday especially if you have a fair distance to travel. I'm staying over then flying back north on Monday, flights half the price of petrol to travel down, and no 6+ hours of driving

Tell you what...I'll have you a bet on that. B)

Double it if you like? If there's less than 10k at Sunday's GP2 I'll give £100 to the Speedway Riders Benevolent Fund. If it's more than 10k you hand over 100 notes to the same charity. Deal? 

• Like 1

Regarding the E-tickets, does anyone know if eack person has to have a copy on their own phone or can one person hold all the tickets? I booked the tickets for 5 of us and i have the app. so I will get the notification when they are issued. Do I then have to send each person their ticket? seems very convoluted if I do as we're all going to Cardiff together.

57 minutes ago, erniew said:

Regarding the E-tickets, does anyone know if eack person has to have a copy on their own phone or can one person hold all the tickets? I booked the tickets for 5 of us and i have the app. so I will get the notification when they are issued. Do I then have to send each person their ticket? seems very convoluted if I do as we're all going to Cardiff together.

I would say all on one phone like train tickets, i have booked 5 tickets which will appear on the app a few weeks before the event i expect.

2 hours ago, topaz325 said:

I would say all on one phone like train tickets, i have booked 5 tickets which will appear on the app a few weeks before the event i expect.

Don't like the idea of E-tickets this could probably stop me going in the future which would be a shame as i have not missed a Cardiff G.P . What these people need to realise is not everybody is into apps and not everybody has a mobile phone or computer.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, TINYS said:

Don't like the idea of E-tickets this could probably stop me going in the future which would be a shame as i have not missed a Cardiff G.P . What these people need to realise is not everybody is into apps and not everybody has a mobile phone or computer.

I agree with you but i think this is a stadium issue rather than to do with the SGP in particular

13 minutes ago, severnsider said:

I agree with you but i think this is a stadium issue rather than to do with the SGP in particular

O.K thanks.

34 minutes ago, TINYS said:

Me too, the app is principality ticket app .

Think I read on app Q+A that one person can be in sole charge of tickets, but will be responsible for any covid passes (if still required in August). Can also send a copy of tickets to another person via a link sent via mobile number  provided they have downloaded the said app.

Think nearer the event this modern technology will cause a lot of confusion especially if people thought they could print tickets !!

Watch this space as they say :rolleyes:

10 hours ago, TINYS said:

You're spot on TINYS;)Last November I'd purchased tickets for Wales rugby matches at the Principality Stadium and were paperless,so only way of entry was via the Principality App and a COVID passport!:rolleyes:My Father in his late 70s got extremely agitated as he hasn't got a smartphone or even an internet connection(no PC) was at a complete loss on how he was going to attend.A real stress which is unnecessary:angry: Whoever makes these decisions on this is how it's gonna be needs a good kicking imo:unsure:Can anyone tell me what's wrong with having a ticket/tickets sent in the post ,available to collect on the day of the event,or print at home;)

Edited by bluejam
  • Thanks 1

Are you sure there is not a provision for a printed ticket.? Online ticketing will save money, so has to be good, but I can’t believe any organisation would preclude a sector of the community by going electronic. It will come one day……. But I would be surprised it is happening now. Check the detail carefully.