British Speedway Forum

14 minutes ago, HGould said:

Roof shut to stop track drying out and to get air con to woek

I think the track drying has been a problem in the past, I don't think the material binds together as well if its not got the correct moisture levels. I have always wondered why they don't do Cardiff in September or October, there would be no drying issues and probably less pressure on hotel prices in the area(although they would still be expensive).

Apologies if I’ve missed it elsewhere but is there any news on Tai?

They said on tv that he withdrew with stomach & chest pains and after assessment an ambulance was requested to take him to hospital for further checks.

That sounds pretty serious to me but I can’t find any reference to it. I hope it is nothing serious after all.

13 hours ago, racers and royals said:

It`s on discovery + in UK but it`s on Eurosport 2 in Poland so yes streams on the meeting spread.

Thanks.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, eric i said:

I think the track drying has been a problem in the past, I don't think the material binds together as well if its not got the correct moisture levels. I have always wondered why they don't do Cardiff in September or October, there would be no drying issues and probably less pressure on hotel prices in the area(although they would still be expensive).

I think Welsh Rugby have it back beginning September to get pitch ready for Autumn internationals. 

Most of their non Rugby events are June, July and August. 

Not used as much for footy since Cardiff moved from Ninian Park to their new Stadium. 

2 minutes ago, HGould said:

I think Welsh Rugby have it back beginning September to get pitch ready for Autumn internationals. 

Most of their non Rugby events are June, July and August. 

Not used as much for footy since Cardiff moved from Ninian Park to their new Stadium. 

They have a supercross event on October 8th.

11 minutes ago, eric i said:

They have a supercross event on October 8th.

They could have staged that last night! :)

• Haha 2

Just a few question from me from anyone who went to this event,is

1- watching on TV we get zero info who is grading the track after every 4 heats,is their a track team mentioned in the program who they are?

2- Again zero info on tv who gets the gig at the tapes?How is he chosen ? Is he considered to be the best start marchall around?

3- I think the ref was mentioned,but any clue in the program of who he is,and whats he done in speedway?.

4-Track machinery and shale,is it the best around?

Maybe all these questions people arnt really interested apart from me.but surely Kelvin and the team can find the info rather then tell us 100 times what info is stored in their brains.

4 hours ago, R87 said:

Manchester is a modern, vibrant city with a superb race track. 

Have they finished rebuilding the city centre? Last time we were thereit was a demolition site and Arndale was run down and decrepid with only about 50% occupancy.

Cardiff is a much nicer city centre.

Then the stadium itself. Asides from a good track it has nothing to reccommend it for large international events: the catering and hosptiality are not sufficient to handle anything more that a league match crowd and it's miles out in the middle of suburbia with virtually no hospitalitynearby  so one needs to get back to the city centre and there is only an evening bus service that is incapable of handling a full capacity crowd.

Edited by fullbore
Typo

27 minutes ago, P T Preece said:

45 minutes 4 races.

The tractors have done more laps than the bikes. Track grade every 2 races

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, speedwaysliders said:

1- watching on TV we get zero info who is grading the track after every 4 heats,is their a track team mentioned in the program who they are?

2- Again zero info on tv who gets the gig at the tapes?How is he chosen ? Is he considered to be the best start marchall around?

3- I think the ref was mentioned,but any clue in the program of who he is,and whats he done in speedway?.

Maybe all these questions people arnt really interested apart from me.but surely Kelvin and the team can find the info rather then tell us 100 times what info is stored in their brains.

Start Marshal is James from Leicester and they have around 12 in total working this weekend.

• Like 1

A truly dreadful meeting of follow the leader on a crap track. I took two newbies to their first meeting and was royally embarrassed. The Bewley win saved the show - well done Dan.

I don’t buy all the razzmatazz of “yeah but it’s Cardiff”, first and foremost the racing has to be right,  and time and time again we’ve seen if you give these boys a decent track they will put on a spectacular show. The organisers really need to sort this out as it’s been happening far too long - sort the bloody GP tracks out. The crowd looked at least 10,000 down on the  usual Cardiff crowd which was a shame. 

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, speedwaysliders said:

Ref in programme Jesper Steentoft (Den) 

• Like 1