British Speedway Forum
jbell1995

Plymouth Gladiators 2022

1 hour ago, Mike0310 said:

Some Poole fans on here are so happy to tell us we will be crap everywhere we go on our travels,I can’t wait till you announce your team as I will pull it apart like you have ours that’s if some not all can pull there heads out of there own arses to read it you would think you had won  next years league already. I await your wonder teams 1-7 with baited breath if it’s going to be so easy why don’t you go into the big boys league and try and win that.,and let some of the rest of the minnows win something.it must be hell of a boring battering teams every week wouldn’t you prefer close racing and meetings which could go either way.or is it the Poole way just win at all costs.

This Poole fan said Plymouth look a decent side and would be challengers but I also said without knowing all the other teams difficult to judge. 

Like I say it’s not all Poole fans just a couple who give a bad name to the others,worry about your own team and the others will worry about theres and when  the teams meet on track then and only then will we no who has the best team.

Edited by Mike0310
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, Mike0310 said:

Like I say it’s not all Poole fans just a couple who give a bad name to the others,worry about your own team and the others will worry about theres and when  the teams meet on track then and only then will we no who has the best team.

Forums are about opinions and everyone has a view as to who has the best team before a wheel has been turned. I am not sure everyone thought Poole would win the league.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

Forums are about opinions and everyone has a view as to who has the best team before a wheel has been turned. I am not sure everyone thought Poole would win the league.

Exactly! Trouble is Mike just wants everyone to say Plymouth are amazing! Can prob put Lewy in the same bracket tbh. They'd never cope being a Poole fan with all the hate that gets directed on a weekly basis lol.

Plymouth have a better team than last year but fail to see how anyone is going to win the league without a strong number 1. I'd say Harris, Douglas, Scott, Morris etc are all stronger imo. But if all riders do well could get the 4-6th place. 

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

Exactly! Trouble is Mike just wants everyone to say Plymouth are amazing! Can prob put Lewy in the same bracket tbh. They'd never cope being a Poole fan with all the hate that gets directed on a weekly basis lol.

Plymouth have a better team than last year but fail to see how anyone is going to win the league without a strong number 1. I'd say Harris, Douglas, Scott, Morris etc are all stronger imo. But if all riders do well could get the 4-6th place. 

In my opinion  they have a decent team but a lot depends on mid season changes, most teams don't finish with the team they start with, don't think we would have won without Ben Basso.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

So you have just named four no1s and yours isn’t among them but you won the league,so your contradicting your own argument make your mind up.

11 minutes ago, Mike0310 said:

So you have just named four no1s and yours isn’t among them but you won the league,so your contradicting your own argument make your mind up.

Not like us Pirates to blow our own! :D

And now I can't get that Bucks Fizz song outta me head, Making yer mind up! :party:

https://youtu.be/h4-lKMGII_k

Edited by PirateShip

10 hours ago, PirateShip said:

Not like us Pirates to blow our own! :D

And now I can't get that Bucks Fizz song outta me head, Making yer mind up! :party:

https://youtu.be/h4-lKMGII_k

Exactly I wish she would secretly I reckon she has a soft spot for us. Gladiators otherwise why would she be constantly be making comments about everything and anything to do with us.

11 hours ago, Mike0310 said:

Just trying to use one's that have been confirmed for other teams atm! Though I used Douglas and he isn't yet! I'd like to think King is ours but until they say then IDK. I don't think I said Poole are better than Plymouth just that I don't think you'd win away imo in response to Ghosty saying Plymouth winning at Poole is really important. Which is kind of odd, wouldn't winning the league be more preferrable than winning at a specific track?

22 minutes ago, Mike0310 said:

Exactly I wish she would secretly I reckon she has a soft spot for us. Gladiators otherwise why would she be constantly be making comments about everything and anything to do with us.

Ha, well I did go to Uni in Plymouth so....

Tbh Phil the Ace said I was a closet BV fan last season, if I get a bee in my bonnet about something I don't let it go easily! lol

Anyway if you had Lawson and Hans as top 2 I'd say you'd have a very good team, but guess that doesn't really fit? Kennett at no1 just seems a bit weak to me imo but I'm okay to be proved wrong. As for Ghosty's comments about Lawson being a risk cos of his collarbone injury and not being match fit, I think Kennett is even less match fit with not much racing in 2 years! 

I'd say Plymouth have potentially 4 heat leaders. Not an out & out number one, but 4 riders who can average from say 7-8.5.

After his best season so far Alfie Bowtell will do well if he can ave 5.3-5.4, but more difficult now he's in the 1-5 though, so don't expect a big increase in average.

At reserve is where Plymouth are a bit weaker, two promising Brits, but with a 42.00 team limit can expect other clubs to have stronger reserves.

If Eastbourne's matches are included in riders averages Plymouth start 1.7 below the points limit, ideally you'd want to use all the points available for your team!

Can't really predict where they'll finish till other teams complete their line ups! But look stronger than in 2021!

Edited by szkocjasid

43 minutes ago, szkocjasid said:

I'd say Plymouth have potentially 4 heat leaders. Not an out & out number one, but 4 riders who can average from say 7-8.5.

After his best season so far Alfie Bowtell will do well if he can ave 5.3-5.4, but more difficult now he's in the 1-5 though, so don't expect a big increase in average.

At reserve is where Plymouth are a bit weaker, two promising Brits, but with a 42.00 team limit can expect other clubs to have stronger reserves.

If Eastbourne's matches are included in riders averages Plymouth start 1.7 below the points limit, ideally you'd want to use all the points available for your team!

Can't really predict where they'll finish till other teams complete their line ups! But look stronger than in 2021!

I think Plymouth will come in on 41.49,which is pretty close to the limit  especially as 5 of the team got a 2.5% reduction.

Edited by lewy
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Sherborne Green said:

Very pleased to see Plymouth have a team that can challenge for the play offs.

There are only two teams in the south of England Plymouth and Poole. Why some people seem to dislike Plymouth I do not understand.

My name on this forum has always been Sherbornegreen. That is based on where I live and the football team I have always supported. (Plymouth Argyle). My first knowledge of speedway was at Pennycross in 1962. All my family started to go to Weymouth in the early 1980s and season ticket holder at Poole from 1983 till 2001. Still a Poole supporter going when I can but also very fond of Plymouth and go when I can.

Poole will always have a very strong team and Plymouth have a team that is improving year on year. Support in Plymouth is increasing, thank goodness. We do not want to lose this great sport in the south so good luck to both teams.

Don’t forget we’re have already lost Trelawney, Exeter, Weymouth and Somerset from this area. Also nearby Newport and Swindon. Let’s keep what we have got at least.

To be fair the dislike as you say is only coming from a certain few ,  personally I like the look of Plymouth will win most home meetings which is your bread and butter.

Tidy side they have assembled.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2