British Speedway Forum
jbell1995

Plymouth Gladiators 2022

46 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

He might make “ comeback” next season if they are struggling for a No1.!!

Only if they agree to pay him for 2-3 races?!!

1 hour ago, lisa-colette said:

As much as I like him, he is not a Champ HL! 

He was once shame about his injuries 

1 hour ago, Bellers101 said:

Have Plymouth got a facility for Barker? If they have it shouldn't be allowed for a rider who has failed a drugs test.

How is Kennett's 'injury' coming along?

I suspect he will retire once Plymouth fulfill this season's fixtures!

What so because a rider failed a drug test Plymouth have to suffer? I'm sure the paying fans would love turning up to a nl guest at no1 

3 minutes ago, mc131 said:

What so because a rider failed a drug test Plymouth have to suffer? I'm sure the paying fans would love turning up to a nl guest at no1 

Yes a Plymouth rider failed a drugs test at a Plymouth meeting so Plymouth should suffer! 

Maybe Kennett's 'injury' has healed so he can take Barker's place!

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, Bellers101 said:

Yes a Plymouth rider failed a drugs test at a Plymouth meeting so Plymouth should suffer! 

No way should Plymouth suffer they didn't no wot Barker was doing did they 

• Haha 1

41 minutes ago, Bellers101 said:

plymouth dont suffer the supporters are the losers :t:

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, mc131 said:

No way should Plymouth suffer they didn't no wot Barker was doing did they 

I would be surprised, having read several things over the last couple of weeks it seems that more are surprised that he hadn’t been caught sooner. If other riders are aware and rumours have followed him around (as suggested) for years how can you not be aware?

• Like 3

There's a lot of bashing going on here towards the Gladiators and it's a real shame the season is ending the way it's heading right now. Mark Phillips and Garry May deserve a huge amount of credit for the excellent side they built this season and having been to several meetings myself throughout the season, the racing has been fantastic with crowd numbers sustained from the bumper crowds we saw last season post covid. I've loved getting the itch back to support the Gladiators and it's been brilliant to see the progress on and off the track over the last two years and the club is something I think the city can be very proud of right now. Thanks to Mark, Mattie, Garry and all those connected with the club for getting the team moving forward the way we are right now.

Of course, the Ben Barker situation is unfortunate to say the least and hasn't helped the side moving into the crunch end of the season. Injuries are part and parcel of a sport like speedway. The injuries for Palm Toft, Andersen, Bowtell and Gilkes have been really tough to take but it's no one's fault. The Eddie Kennett situation is something everyone seems to be an expert on with very little concrete talk coming from the club? It's been far from ideal having a different number one every meeting and I'm pretty sure no one at the club wants or wanted it to be this way as the look to kick on and rebuild the reputation of the club and grows its standing in the sport and more importantly within the city.

Presumably, with Barker absent for the rest of the season, Scott Nicholls will be the obvious choice to lead the side at Number One with maybe Ricky Wells or Leon Flint being required to fill any relevant middle order positions such as MPT or Hans if needed? Regarding Bowtell's replacement either Ruml or Heeps perhaps? Heeps impressed for Oxford in the CJL last month?

19 minutes ago, jbell1995 said:

There's a lot of bashing going on here towards the Gladiators and it's a real shame the season is ending the way it's heading right now. Mark Phillips and Garry May deserve a huge amount of credit for the excellent side they built this season and having been to several meetings myself throughout the season, the racing has been fantastic with crowd numbers sustained from the bumper crowds we saw last season post covid. I've loved getting the itch back to support the Gladiators and it's been brilliant to see the progress on and off the track over the last two years and the club is something I think the city can be very proud of right now. Thanks to Mark, Mattie, Garry and all those connected with the club for getting the team moving forward the way we are right now.

Of course, the Ben Barker situation is unfortunate to say the least and hasn't helped the side moving into the crunch end of the season. Injuries are part and parcel of a sport like speedway. The injuries for Palm Toft, Andersen, Bowtell and Gilkes have been really tough to take but it's no one's fault. The Eddie Kennett situation is something everyone seems to be an expert on with very little concrete talk coming from the club? It's been far from ideal having a different number one every meeting and I'm pretty sure no one at the club wants or wanted it to be this way as the look to kick on and rebuild the reputation of the club and grows its standing in the sport and more importantly within the city.

Presumably, with Barker absent for the rest of the season, Scott Nicholls will be the obvious choice to lead the side at Number One with maybe Ricky Wells or Leon Flint being required to fill any relevant middle order positions such as MPT or Hans if needed? Regarding Bowtell's replacement either Ruml or Heeps perhaps? Heeps impressed for Oxford in the CJL last month?

Scott's average would have to go down in Sept for you to do that or Barker's to go up! For August Scott is 8.57 and Barker is same as Kennett's on 8.40. At home you might be able to do it as prob fall into the extra 5% you are allowed but not away. 

10 hours ago, Bellers101 said:

Or in other words your beloved Redcar who are the visitors next week at the Coliseum, could then benefit in the race to be in the top six:wink:

22 hours ago, Debbi said:

I would be surprised, having read several things over the last couple of weeks it seems that more are surprised that he hadn’t been caught sooner. If other riders are aware and rumours have followed him around (as suggested) for years how can you not be aware?

If the medication (prescription or otherwise) was in any way 'performance enhancing', it might go towards explaining his paid 18 point maximum against Oxford the evening before his test and suspension?!

Edited by Skidder1

23 hours ago, ray c said:

plymouth dont suffer the supporters are the losers :t:

Please don’t call lewy a loser 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Skidder1 said:

If the medication (prescription or otherwise) was in any way 'performance enhancing', it might go towards explaining his paid 18 point maximum against Oxford the evening before his test and suspension?!

As could the fact that he's an entertaining racer who excells around Plymouth

• Like 2

15 hours ago, jbell1995 said:

Leicester won the Championship and Shield in 2019 using a guest for the injured Richie Worrall for a large part of the season. I don't recall there being a huge amount of "flak" being fired towards us for that (there was some, inevitably) but I don't think anywhere near the amount Plymouth are getting over Kennett. Clubs cannot control the timings of their riders' injuries, can they.

• Like 2