British Speedway Forum
jbell1995

Plymouth Gladiators 2022

Big crash for Hans Andersen. In ambulance . Initially unconscious.

Update. Hans out of ambulance with arm in sling, sitting in his pit bay 

Edited by Skidder1
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, Devil said:

Well he didnt look too bothered last night walking around the arena at Plymouth

Never does but will when he gets a 2 year ban…

16 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

Big crash for Hans Andersen. In ambulance . Initially unconscious.

Update. Hans out of ambulance with arm in sling, sitting in his pit bay 

Hope he's ok

Be a shame if his British career was ended in a pointless fixture. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, HGould said:

Hope he's ok

Huge crowd for such a 'pointless' fixture. Hans was riding for his main sponsor.

Ridiculous timing for a meanless fixture,1 week before the most important matches of the season. Makes winning the playoffs a completely hollow Victory.

• Like 1

It's not meaningless for Hans. Just read the reasons why he wanted to do it. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

6 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

It's not meaningless for Hans. Just read the reasons why he wanted to do it. 

It's a meaningless meeting that should have been held at the end of season, I'm sure if a Poole heat leader got injured you would feel the same, try to look at the bigger picture not in your little Poole pirate bubble of arrogance. I'm sure if you beat a Plymouth team of 4 guests in the playoffs you will all be very happy but surely it would mean more if you beat a full strength Plymouth team. The same works in reverse it would be more satisfying to win with our original team  than one made up of available guests. 

7 minutes ago, lewy said:

It's a meaningless meeting that should have been held at the end of season, I'm sure if a Poole heat leader got injured you would feel the same, try to look at the bigger picture not in your little Poole pirate bubble of arrogance. I'm sure if you beat a Plymouth team of 4 guests in the playoffs you will all be very happy but surely it would mean more if you beat a full strength Plymouth team. The same works in reverse it would be more satisfying to win with our original team  than one made up of available guests. 

Garry May didnt think it was meaningless. He took a lap as a former Poole rider.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, lewy said:

It's got nothing to do with supporting Poole. Tonight may seem pointless as a Plymouth fan looking in but Hans was riding in someone's memory, so I'd say definitely not pointless for him. A big shame there was a crash and hopefully he won't be out for the playoffs. 

Wake up it's pointless,show your appreciation/respect whatever at the end of season, it's obviously meaningless look at Lawsons score,if it was of any importance it would have been at least double figures.

4 minutes ago, lewy said:

Wake up it's pointless,show your appreciation/respect whatever at the end of season, it's obviously meaningless look at Lawsons score,if it was of any importance it would have been at least double figures.

Sorry Lewy I can not agree with you that it was a meatless meeting. Middlo has been a great servant of Poole and speedway. He was one of the people responsible for bringing Hans over and giving him his start in the UK which has lasted over 20 years.
I do not believe the bad fortune of the Gladiators this season. Such a great team built but ruined by injury. Eddie was injured in that first meeting but with the state of speedway at the present time could not be replaced by another rider of similar average.

I agree that it is doubtful Eddie would of maintained the average he started with but how can you team build with the present riders after the season started. If Lawson had stayed in place of Eddie Plymouth would be very strong. However, no contract was signed so he was entitled to change his mind.

Plymouth must build on their success this season with great fans and management but remember Poole and Middlo have given speedway great riders and in my view added a great deal to speedway.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Sherborne Green said:

Sorry Lewy I can not agree with you that it was a meatless meeting. Middlo has been a great servant of Poole and speedway. He was one of the people responsible for bringing Hans over and giving him his start in the UK which has lasted over 20 years.
I do not believe the bad fortune of the Gladiators this season. Such a great team built but ruined by injury. Eddie was injured in that first meeting but with the state of speedway at the present time could not be replaced by another rider of similar average.

I agree that it is doubtful Eddie would of maintained the average he started with but how can you team build with the present riders after the season started. If Lawson had stayed in place of Eddie Plymouth would be very strong. However, no contract was signed so he was entitled to change his mind.

Plymouth must build on their success this season with great fans and management but remember Poole and Middlo have given speedway great riders and in my view added a great deal to speedway.

Fair enough mate, maybe I should say it was a ridiculous time to stage said meeting with the playoffs next week, it's like the fA staging a testimonial 1 week before the cup final with the majority of players to play in both fixtures. Just want til the seasons end,that's my point. 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, HGould said:

Hope he's ok

Not a pointless fixture at all, was in honour of the greatest manager of the modern era, hence the massive crowd 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Arthur54 said:

Not a pointless fixture at all, was in honour of the greatest manager of the modern era, hence the massive crowd 

Maybe,but badly timed,I,m sure 2 playoff teams at full strength would attract a bigger crowd. 

1 hour ago, lewy said:

Maybe,but badly timed,I,m sure 2 playoff teams at full strength would attract a bigger crowd. 

I don't think so, maybe on par with last night's attendance