British Speedway Forum
lbw

Leicester vs Poole semi 2nd leg (prov) Sat 16th

3 hours ago, iainb said:

I don't know why they don't make this an 11am kick off... everybody's happy then (except those that aren't)

Some of us are less than thrilled by the clash of fixtures on Saturday. We've had SON tickets for nearly two years and now we can't keep our 100% record at Beaumont Leys. Even an 11 a.m. kick off would be cutting it fine to get to BV in time. :angry:

• Sad 1

Stewart Dickson as said that he didn't want to discuss his intention to use a guest against Poole and r/r against Scunthorpe before last night's meeting because he didn't want to be disrespectful to Scunthorpe.

Talk about double standards, the club are being disrespectful to the SON!

Hey well the Pirates will just kick ass tonight and make the 2nd leg irrelevant!

:party:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

8 hours ago, False dawn said:

Some of us are less than thrilled by the clash of fixtures on Saturday. We've had SON tickets for nearly two years and now we can't keep our 100% record at Beaumont Leys. Even an 11 a.m. kick off would be cutting it fine to get to BV in time. :angry:

There should be ample time, if they pulled their finger out they could be done and dusted by 12:30, there have been many matches this season done in around 90 minutes. Even if it didn't finish until 1pm that still leaves a couple of hours to get to Manchester or the Football with an hour to spare

• Like 1

12 hours ago, iainb said:

I think it was due to lack of will on everybody's part, was only a very light drizzle, match should never have started tbh

Lambert was still keen to carry on.

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, W9 Lion said:

Some people need protecting from themselves :rofl:

• Like 1

4 hours ago, sugarray said:

What happens if this date doesn't suit Poole?

I'm assuming they have agreed to it for Leicester to have announced it. 

2 hours ago, W9 Lion said:

I was'nt there but I get the impression the riders were going through the motions and who can blame them? Any other time it would never have started.

4 hours ago, Happy Hunter said:

I was'nt there but I get the impression the riders were going through the motions and who can blame them? Any other time it would never have started.

I dont think you can say Nick Morris was going through the motions last night the way he was attacking the track.

5 minutes ago, Happy Hunter said:

Let's hope he does the same tonight!

No. Hopefully he thinks he is riding for Wolves! ;)

2 hours ago, lisa-colette said:

No. Hopefully he thinks he is riding for Wolves! ;)

Actually, he's guesting for the Cubs next week, so he's trying for an "Ellis Perks".

21 hours ago, False dawn said:

Well I know it's not good form to quote yourself, but if I was slightly upset by this clash before tonight, think how I feel now we're going to beat Poole on aggregate? I guess the only consolation is a final to look forward to.....

Not another trip north of the border! 4 times in one season is bit much.

• Haha 1

Wonder what the riding order for Lions will be in the second leg.