British Speedway Forum

17 minutes ago, tellboy said:

All this will do is put another addition to the rule book.The rule book has to many rules in it as it is.Why don't they just make every team make the declaration of their 1-7 by a certain date,obviously before any matches take place.Something like the end of February will do.

Oooooo! Controversial...:D

And easily what 100% should happen, personally by December giving 3 months of advertising and for the riders to drum up sponsorship.. 

Teams change daily in Speedway anyway so it would just be a "cosmetic starting point" anyway...

Transfer window could be June and July and then that is it...

April and May to build the averages, and after July there will still be plenty of matches left so no team can bring in riders a few weeks before the play offs...

2 hours ago, lisa-colette said:

And if Poole did it you'd be first to call them what was it again? Oh yeah, cheating scumbags! Okay for BV do it though :t:

If it's in the rules then it's fine, if it's not then they should wait. Not like they wouldn't be able to do it, just when. 

I didn’t mention Poole - you did! :rolleyes:

32 minutes ago, Steve0 said:

I didn’t mention Poole - you did! :rolleyes:

I know I did lol. I just made a similar comparison where your opinion is completely different. Just interesting! 

13 hours ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

The bullsh!t being spouted about league and league Cup is just smoke and mirrors to justify the manipulation 

The regulation applies to the team declarations prior to the start of the season. It doesn't matter what competition has started or otherwise

The fact that only League matches are quoted for the 25% makes no difference it still doesn't state you can make changes earlier

As Bigcatdiary suggests they simply haven't applied the regulation and instead have copped out with the alternative "best interest" regulation 

British Speedway has no integrity as a sporting competition as a result

If that’s the case then why in previous seasons, teams that ran challenge fixtures still had to wait until 25% of league fixtures had been run before being allowed to make changes? 

The rules are simple and very clear on this one and it’s terribly embarrassing to see such stupidity displayed on these pages.

By the way, I’d like an answer to my question.  

Edited by ouch
  • Like 1

25% of league matches, plain English. end of.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ouch said:

If that’s the case then why in previous seasons, teams that ran challenge fixtures still had to wait until 25% of league fixtures had been run before being allowed to make changes?

I’ll answer it. Once again you’re talking absolute bollo(ks and plucking completely wrong statements out of your ar$e to suit your agenda. There was no 25% rule in previous seasons, evidenced by Lynn booting Craig Cook this time last year after 2 meetings. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, lisa-colette said:

I know I did lol. I just made a similar comparison where your opinion is completely different. Just interesting! 

Can you enlighten me?  What rider did Poole sign at the start of a season on a short term contract and then release before the official “transfer window”?  If there isn’t one then there is no comparison to make. :rolleyes:

15 hours ago, Call me wolfie said:

Jealous, haha, you’re funny. What you’re trying to say is if the boot was on the other foot and Wolves had signed Freddy or Tai in the same situation you would be overjoyed. Pull the other one!

To be fair Wolfie when Wolves signed Tai for the play offs only which did us no favours my thought was fair play to them.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, hyderd said:

25% of league matches, plain English. end of.

Which hasn't happened but the initial declaration and the start of the season has....

With this comment you have just confirmed that the regulation hasn't been enforced

2 hours ago, ouch said:

The rules are simple and very clear on this one and it’s terribly embarrassing to see such stupidity displayed on these pages.

There has never been a 25% regulation in previous years 

Don't worry I forgive you for your stupidity :D

2 hours ago, ouch said:

Don’t put yourself down! We all make mistakes..

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On the BSPL website 20th March 2022, it states Douglas wins season opener, so that is when the 2022 season started, therefore BV should not have been allowed to change their then declared team until 25% of the League fixtures had been run.

Also BV seasons opener was the Peter Craven, 21st March 2022, as the BSPL site said "Belle Vue launch their season with the Peter Craven".

Therefore the season does not start at the first League meeting.

It will, be interesting if the regulations are now changed, before the start of 2023 season, otherwise all teams will be using this ruling to make late changes to their declared teams.

47 minutes ago, bellevueace said:

To be fair Wolfie when Wolves signed Tai for the play offs only which did us no favours my thought was fair play to them.

But a lot of people weren’t happy and still go on about it now. By the way, it wasn’t just for the playoffs, he rode for us for 5 or 6 meetings prior to the playoffs as well, which, by current rules, would still be allowed.

9 minutes ago, BV66 said:

On the BSPL website 20th March 2022, it states Douglas wins season opener, so that is when the 2022 season started, therefore BV should not have been allowed to change their then declared team until 25% of the League fixtures had been run.

Also BV seasons opener was the Peter Craven, 21st March 2022, as the BSPL site said "Belle Vue launch their season with the Peter Craven".

Therefore the season does not start at the first League meeting.

It will, be interesting if the regulations are now changed, before the start of 2023 season, otherwise all teams will be using this ruling to make late changes to their declared teams.

Really dont understand how important "not changing your line up" is to so many... 

It's the very essence of sport to try and improve...

The line ups change ad hoc somewhere virtually every day/night from Monday to Sunday anyway so what does it really matter?