British Speedway Forum

22 minutes ago, hyderd said:

the rule states league meeting NOT  league cup, so the ruling starts when the league starts, which is today. No rule broken. Get over it.

Do the rules actually say 'league only' then? :unsure: 

The problem is that the rules are always written in such a way that they can be interpreted in at least two, and sometimes more, different ways. If the BSPL wrote rules that were clear and concise then the sport would be a lot better off. The current situation with the rules makes the sport a bad joke to many people. The rule on team changes should have clearly stated what was considered the start of the season and then there would have been no arguments.

1 hour ago, hyderd said:

the rule states league meeting NOT  league cup, so the ruling starts when the league starts, which is today. No rule broken. Get over it.

Blinkered - very sad

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, PhilTheAce said:

I find it funny that the bspa have agreed to this change and yet fans can’t accept it. What’s not to accept?????

belle Vue haven’t cheated anything, so while the fans think we have I will be smug until this is all forgotten about 

I had no doubt it would be sanctioned whatever the right and wrong of the regulation

Almost certainly was all agreed weeks ago - can't imagine Belle Vue would've risked it without a nod from the outset

Sums up the sports current pitiful standing within the world set up that such pandering is necessary to be able to fill a paltry 6 teams in the top division

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Chris116 said:

The problem is that the rules are always written in such a way that they can be interpreted in at least two, and sometimes more, different ways. If the BSPL wrote rules that were clear and concise then the sport would be a lot better off. The current situation with the rules makes the sport a bad joke to many people. The rule on team changes should have clearly stated what was considered the start of the season and then there would have been no arguments.

The start of the season is the first official fixture which was way back in March.Any match that is sanctioned by the BSPA/SCB is an official meeting.

I have looked at the rules a few times and now i believe the BSPA has made a cock up.First of all Belle Vue should have had their 1-7 declared before the start of the season(rule).Then if Allen was there he was in their declared 1-7.The Premiership only means the teams involved in the top league.So from your initial 1-7 declaration which has to be done before the start of the season you can only make a transfer when 25% of the league fixtures are done.It doesn't matter if you had 20 league cup matches before you would still only be permitted to make changes after 25% of League fixtures that's from the start of your declaration back in March.It's called a Premiership transfer window.

I don't think it is to hard to understand that from the start of the season no transfers are allowed until 25% league fixtures are complete.

Like i said somewhere before,the rules wouldn't be so bad if certain promoters didn't try bending the rules year after year and the Governing bodies letting them get away with it.Because every time it has gone on then their is a further amendment the following season.The rule book should be 5 times smaller than what it currently is.Mind you half of that is down to Matt Ford:P:rolleyes:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

I had no doubt it would be sanctioned whatever the right and wrong of the regulation

Almost certainly was all agreed weeks ago - can't imagine Belle Vue would've risked it without a nod from the outset

Sums up the sports current pitiful standing within the world set up that such pandering is necessary to be able to fill a paltry 6 teams in the top division

But it's being filled up with riders who are better than Div 2 HL level..

Let's hope NKI can ride on...

Getting the top six teams to be clearly of several notches higher than Div 2 has to be a priority.. 

Using exactly the same riders wont ever do that.  

• Like 1

5 hours ago, lisa-colette said:

Tbh he did a similar thing to me when discussing Southampton's 9-1 loss to Man Utd the other season on twitter. He just can't debate properly! Especially when put out a very well reasoned argument.

Theres been plenty of tears around Old Trafford since that game Lisa, Hopefully Ten Hag can oversee the rebuild we are so desperate for, as for Aces very early days, i dont think Zagar neccessarily makes us favourites as some seem to think, today was one of those days, we rode really well Peterborough had a bad day at the office, Harris Nicholls had bike problems Basso was nowhere near the pace, i think we would have won anyway but no doubt it wouldnt have been the landslide.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, mikebv said:

But it's being filled up with riders who are better than Div 2 HL level..

Let's hope NKI can ride on...

Getting the top six teams to be clearly of several notches higher than Div 2 has to be a priority.. 

Using exactly the same riders wont ever do that.  

Would love to see that too

How great it would be to have a league with Bewley Woffinden Lambert Vaculik Lindgren etc and the likes of Pawlicki(s) Smektala Kubera too as well as more of the Danes.....

Not gonna happen though for some time if ever again

24 minutes ago, bellevueace said:

Theres been plenty of tears around Old Trafford since that game Lisa, Hopefully Ten Hag can oversee the rebuild we are so desperate for, as for Aces very early days, i dont think Zagar neccessarily makes us favourites as some seem to think, today was one of those days, we rode really well Peterborough had a bad day at the office, Harris Nicholls had bike problems Basso was nowhere near the pace, i think we would have won anyway but no doubt it wouldnt have been the landslide.

Be interesting to see what happens in next away meeting? (No idea who it is! lol)

11 hours ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

There has never been a 25% regulation in previous years 

Don't worry I forgive you for your stupidity :D

Been in the rule book for years. 

I’m off, I dipped my toe back in after giving this page wide berth due to the sheer stupidity and bile. I don’t have the patience to teach you guys “to fish” but enjoy you ignorance and try, just try to be happier. 

17 hours ago, lisa-colette said:

Local fish n chip shop says, Fish half price. That doesn't mean the chips are half price also. 

• Haha 1

17 hours ago, lisa-colette said:

No it doesn't.You can make a change after the 25% of league matches and not before.The season started officially for many clubs at the start of the league cup.You have to declare your 1-7 before the season starts and then no changes until the the 25% has been concluded.I don't think it is hard to understand.In the past i have enjoyed many posts from Belle Vue fans thought them to be down to earth and honest.Some of them though just seem to have the blinkers on for this rule.

Edited by tellboy
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, tellboy said:

No it doesn't.You can make a change after the 25% of league matches and not before.The season started officially for many clubs at the start of the league cup.You have to declare your 1-7 before the season starts and then no changes until the the 25% has been concluded.I don't think it is hard to understand.In the past i have enjoyed many posts from Belle Vue fans thought them to be down to earth and honest.Some of them though just seem to have the blinkers on for this rule.

Really so have a look at the Ipswich press release on the signing of Ben Barker.  Chris Louis talks about the transfer window being the reason he had to act quickly, it's clear the rule starts from the first league match.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SUPERACE said:

Really so have a look at the Ipswich press release on the signing of Ben Barker.  Chris Louis talks about the transfer window being the reason he had to act quickly, it's clear the rule starts from the first league match.

Interesting it happened after BV did theirs and not before! 

1 hour ago, SUPERACE said:

He can say what he wants cant he to justify the move.I just look at the regulations.

• Like 1