British Speedway Forum
Skidder1

Edinburgh v Poole KO Cup Final 1st leg - 2.30pm Saturday 23rd October

26 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

To rebuild some of the club finances!!  Are you really a Pirates fan as you seem to be critical of quite a few things to do with Poole?:blink:

i was answering what steve said . ;);) nothing to do whether i am poole supporter or not. in which i am by the way maybe longer than you  not that it matters :t:

Edited by ray c

The size of the club has nothing to do with what league we are running in.

Looking forward to watching the stream. However last time watching Edinburgh v Poole the stream played up and wouldn’t work on the iPad Pro, but worked on my iPhone. Hopefully no issues this time.

44 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

Doubt they have ever been tbh. Definitely likes hating on Poole for very random reasons. One of them being we moan a lot but he has been moaning about no stream at Poole! :blink::rofl:

One of the biggest meetings in both clubs season yet it’s not being streamed. Tinpot

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Well even a simpleton could work out that Poole have to do it twice while the other clubs only have to do it once.

Wait a minute, you're saying you're a simpleton? :rofl:

If you read my post I did say that two other clubs have to do it and I only mentioned them once each.  Unlike your original post which didn't mention either of those two clubs having to do any travelling.  Anyway I'll dig my tongue out of my cheek from my first post, and second post, and...

1 minute ago, GS550 said:

Wait a minute, you're saying you're a simpleton? :rofl:

If you read my post I did say that two other clubs have to do it and I only mentioned them once each.  Unlike your original post which didn't mention either of those two clubs having to do any travelling.  Anyway I'll dig my tongue out of my cheek from my first post, and second post, and...

Your post was completely flawed in the first instance!

5 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

The size of the club has nothing to do with what league we are running in.

Looking forward to watching the stream. However last time watching Edinburgh v Poole the stream played up and wouldn’t work on the iPad Pro, but worked on my iPhone. Hopefully no issues this time.

Why not just use a laptop and hook it up to your tv.  Bingo.

You realise riders don't live at the track right? Glasgow I expect only Connor stays in Glasgow, Edinburgh I don't know if any of them will. Maybe the Aussies. 

• Like 1

Just now, Steve Shovlar said:

Your post was completely flawed in the first instance!

My post wasn't flawed, in fact it was factually correct, as well as being tongue in cheek.  Unlike meself, I have lots of flaws.

8 hours ago, JanAndersen said:

I drove through Poole once. Once was enough. 

I've been to Poole twice. First time it was rained off just as we were getting drenched on the putting green.

The other was Poole vs Peterborough. Was delighted to see Ryan Sullivan race in a League meeting for the first time since Powderhall days. Think he may have been with Poole, which felt slightly strange seeing as he was a Panthers Legend.

Overall, I seem to recall it was a bit of a dust fest and somewhat disappointing.  I've seen a number of good meetings at Poole on TV but, sadly, that night wasn't one of them :(

3 minutes ago, GS550 said:

Why not just use a laptop and hook it up to your tv.  Bingo.

I don’t own a laptop. I am Apple all the way. Haven’t owned a laptop since about 2011. Apple iPad Pro for business.

1 minute ago, King Jamie said:

I've been to Poole twice. First time it was rained off just as we were getting drenched on the putting green.

The other was Poole vs Peterborough. Was delighted to see Ryan Sullivan race in a League meeting for the first time since Powderhall days. Think he may have been with Poole, which felt slightly strange seeing as he was a Panthers Legend.

Overall, I seem to recall it was a bit of a dust fest and somewhat disappointing.  I've seen a number of good meetings at Poole on TV but, sadly, that night wasn't one of them :(

Sullivan was never a Poole legend. Terribly underperformed imo and went back to Peterborough in 2006.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

I don’t own a laptop. I am Apple all the way. Haven’t owned a laptop since about 2011. Apple iPad Pro for business.

Since 2011.  Orange network was still around then, although I guess you never mixed those up.

Ok where's me coat, taxi ordered.

1 hour ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Well even a simpleton could work out that Poole have to do it twice while the other clubs only have to do it once.

You would move down to second tier. Lot of Northern Clubs and both Glasgow and Edinburgh have been there or there abouts in play offs in last 8 years. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Skidder1 said:

Good luck to the Pirates today. With Middlo and several riders travelling up yesterday, it should be a good close meeting.

Thought Middlo had a nose bleed if he drove past Manchester

• Haha 2