British Speedway Forum
Steve Shovlar

Glasgow v Poole/Poole v Glasgow. Playoff Final 2/4th Nov 2021.

52 minutes ago, JanAndersen said:

I very rarely want a Glasgow win however would like to see them come out on top.  

You really have a problem with your anti Poole stance in your posts. I don't recall you being gracious in defeat either after the Cup final.

Each to their own.:angry:

2 minutes ago, Shaleshifter said:

You really have a problem with your anti Poole stance in your posts. I don't recall you being gracious in defeat either after the Cup final.

Each to their own.:angry:

You’re very much mistaken; I have no problem with my anti-Poole stance. 

• Haha 5
  • Sad 1

5 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Comes across as another Gavin/Trackrat.

Thanks Steve. Can’t chat now though as I’m off out in my kilt for some haggis. Standard Saturday evening up here in jockland. xxxxxxx 

2 minutes ago, JanAndersen said:

Thanks Steve. Can’t chat now though as I’m off out in my kilt for some haggis. Standard Saturday evening up here in jockland. xxxxxxx 

It was clearly a bit of fun/banter. If you take offence at nonsense like that there’s no hope.

So Scots don’t do a bit of friendly banter. I understand. Hope we stuff ‘em out of sight like we did Edinburgh.

13 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

So Scots don’t do a bit of friendly banter. I understand. Hope we stuff ‘em out of sight like we did Edinburgh.

Is lazily referring to us as jocks and ticking off every stereotype under the sun banter? It’s just ignorance.

10 minutes ago, JanAndersen said:

Is lazily referring to us as jocks and ticking off every stereotype under the sun banter? It’s just ignorance.

Of course it’s not ignorance. It’s friendly banter. I could have said perhaps Nessy will be in the crowd for extra support or I am looking forward to a deep fried Mars bar washed down with some Irn Brew. With an och aye the noo thrown in for good measure. Most would see it has harmless banter and nothing more. Surprised we haven’t all been called Dorset Knobs in return.

Scotland is a beautiful country and I love to visit the Highlands. But it seems it’s best to avoid the main cities where the welcome isn’t as friendly as the folk who live in more rural areas.

Edited by Steve Shovlar

4 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Of course it’s not ignorance. It’s friendly banter. I could have said perhaps Nessy will be in the crowd for extra support or I am looking forward to a deep fried Mars bar washed down with some Irn Brew. With an och aye the noo thrown in for good measure. Most would see it has harmless banter and nothing more. Surprised we haven’t all been called Dorset Knobs in return.

Scotland is a beautiful country and I love to visit the Highlands. But it seems it’s best to avoid the main cities where the welcome isn’t as friendly as the folk who live in more rural areas.

Don’t you worry about Jan Anderson, Steve. He’s an Edinburgh supporter. They’re a cold lot. The Glasgow jocks will give you a warm welcome. But, by the way, it’s Irn Bru :D

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

i was in past the track today amazed how much it has dried out with a good day today fingers crossed it’s stays kinda dry next few days 

8 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Keep digging 

• Haha 1

The Scots are getting a wee Crankee! :rofl:

Edited by PirateShip
  • Haha 1