British Speedway Forum
Steve Shovlar

Glasgow v Poole/Poole v Glasgow. Playoff Final 2/4th Nov 2021.

3 hours ago, Tigeratheart said:

Just pay on the gate £17 for adult ticket a extra £1 if you want a seat in the main stand .

....though the seats will probably be sold out in advance, so probably only standing tickets only available on gate.

Are the seats individually numbered or if I buy seated tickets, can we sit where we want if early enough?

3 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Are the seats individually numbered or if I buy seated tickets, can we sit where we want if early enough?

Id go online make sure still available, tend to sell out first. But apart from in front of referees box it's just benches so can sit anywhere. Tbf I haven't sat in stand this season so might have changed since covid

2 hours ago, PirateShip said:

We will WIN !

:party:

Don't think we will win in Glasgow but i admire your optimism.

Edited by foreverblue

Back to the racing itself, and with weather actually looking ok (assuming don't get any frost!!) I think we'll get about a 49-41 on Tuesday. Important cookie has the better of pirates top 3 and need 2 of Sam, broc, Tom and Ricky to step up to double figures. Just hope get some decent racing on what will no doubt have to be ultra slick track due to last weeks weather

1 minute ago, Jaizer said:

Back to the racing itself, and with weather actually looking ok (assuming don't get any frost!!) I think we'll get about a 49-41 on Tuesday. Important cookie has the better of pirates top 3 and need 2 of Sam, broc, Tom and Ricky to step up to double figures. Just hope get some decent racing on what will no doubt have to be ultra slick track due to last weeks weather

Yes hope its decent racing , watched stream of Edinburgh v Poole and wasn't impressed but i expect Glasgow to be better. Craig Cook has ridden well lately so should get his usual max at home. Danny, Rory and Steve Worrall have had great seasons so should be good value, Sam,Broc and Tom should be ok but Ricky is inconsistent, he was when he rode for us, our second strings are a little inconsistent and although we have Basso you have Nowak  so tricky to assess as both teams have had changes since we last rode there.

I would take a 49-41 defeat. But anything into 52-38 is dangerous ground. I would be surprised and disappointed if we gave up a large lead. The team is riding well, we have 3 heat leaders and the second strings and reserve are doing well. We lost at the start of the season but lost Rory in heat 1 and he is in good form. This is his final hurrah and he will want to leave everything in the track to bring home a trophy to end his career.

1 minute ago, foreverblue said:

Yes hope its decent racing , watched stream of Edinburgh v Poole and wasn't impressed but i expect Glasgow to be better. Craig Cook has ridden well lately so should get his usual max at home. Danny, Rory and Steve Worrall have had great seasons so should be good value, Sam,Broc and Tom should be ok but Ricky is inconsistent, he was when he rode for us, our second strings are a little inconsistent and although we have Basso you have Nowak  so tricky to assess as both teams have had changes since we last rode there.

Done by a 3rd party who do a lot of the Scottish football clubs TV channels. Fair play to Edinburgh doing it themselves going to be issued time to time.

All 3 have had good and bad meeting at ashfield, Rory usually not brilliant but it'll be slick suit him far better. Reserves be key, if we can keep basso to 5/6 points might give ourselves a defendable lead

38 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

The seats are comfortable padded benches and you can sit wherever you want apart from directly in front of the refs box. They tend to sell out quickly as others have said. 

1 hour ago, Jaizer said:

Done by a 3rd party who do a lot of the Scottish football clubs TV channels. Fair play to Edinburgh doing it themselves going to be issued time to time.

All 3 have had good and bad meeting at ashfield, Rory usually not brilliant but it'll be slick suit him far better. Reserves be key, if we can keep basso to 5/6 points might give ourselves a defendable lead

Rory has been excellent lately so i would expect double figures from him, unlikely to beat Craig Cook but got a good chance against the others, i would think 9-10 from him.Danny and Steve have been very consistent too so i would expect all our heat leaders to go well. Never been to Glasgow but looks a similar track to Poole.

1 hour ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Tickets booked. Cheers

Av a great time up there getting behind the lads. Fantastic wot ur doing to get there, that's hardcore support  :cheers:

I'll be down for the 2nd leg, all booked in.

This is goin to be a truly amazing finale to the season.

C'mon the Pirates :party:

• Like 1

2 hours ago, foreverblue said:

Don't think we will win in Glasgow but i admire your optimism.

Oh yep, always optimistic moi :D

Always said that Long Eaton would one day win the league! :party:

Pirates to Win 47-43 at Glasgow, Win with a Worrall & Basso on the Gasso to lead the way! :D

some folk are just annoying sorry just enthusiastic 

Edited by GS550
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, GS550 said:

some folk are just annoying

Is that PS, SS or plain old BS?!......:rofl:

• Haha 1