British Speedway Forum
Steve Shovlar

Glasgow v Poole/Poole v Glasgow. Playoff Final 2/4th Nov 2021.

Weather forecast looking good, glad it looks like we’re finally getting a meeting in. Will need to wrap up warm but hoping at the very least to finish the season with a home win, whatever happens on the return leg.

12 minutes ago, Noelinho said:

Weather forecast looking good, glad it looks like we’re finally getting a meeting in. Will need to wrap up warm but hoping at the very least to finish the season with a home win, whatever happens on the return leg.

I fail to see how it could be colder than Swindon! Have to wear two coats there in the summer months!!

Edit - this made me laugh..

Speedway Social on Twitter: "Extraordinary image of Poole fans on their way to Glasgow for tomorrow's final. They've become accustomed to their top league luxuries I think  https://t.co/48W7Gcd5Vz" / Twitter

Edited by lisa-colette
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Andrew2021 said:

drag and drop the link if you can or copy/paste

U wudnt want to know wot happens when I drag and drop!:rofl:

39 minutes ago, daz9100 said:

Yeah, no trains between Brockenhurst and Bournemouth this week so it's a long way round instead, and Salisbury being closed isn't going to help either  

Setting off from Long Eaton at 620am on the train, arrives into Poole 1240. Change at Gloucester & Dorchester.

Thought I'd leave earlier than normal to make sure I get there for the start! :rolleyes:

• Like 2

Looking forward to the final trophy meetings of the season this week. I'm updating the 1st leg of the meeting tomorrow night, hoping Glasgow can take a good lead into the 2nd leg. For anyone not attending the meeting, hope you can join me on the updates site at 7:30pm tomorrow night.

https://speedwayupdates.proboards.com/thread/20612/poole-champ-final-l1-30pm?page=1&scrollTo=418885

• Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, ellioth4 said:

Looking forward to the final trophy meetings of the season this week. I'm updating the 1st leg of the meeting tomorrow night, hoping Glasgow can take a good lead into the 2nd leg. For anyone not attending the meeting, hope you can join me on the updates site at 7:30pm tomorrow night.

https://speedwayupdates.proboards.com/thread/20612/poole-champ-final-l1-30pm?page=1&scrollTo=418885

Excellent, I'll be following speedway updates, appreciate the service :t:

Edited by PirateShip
  • Like 2

Watched heat from Poole Edinburgh match on SGB website between the brothers worrall. Track looked pretty good, not much bucking other than kemp on bend 2, bit dusty though?

1 hour ago, Jaizer said:

Watched heat from Poole Edinburgh match on SGB website between the brothers worrall. Track looked pretty good, not much bucking other than kemp on bend 2, bit dusty though?

The skies were black before the night sky came over & it looked like it was gonna chuck it down when I was queueing up to get in. Even though forecast said no rain it looked very different so I guess that's why no water was put down.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, PirateShip said:

The skies were black before the night sky came over & it looked like it was gonna chuck it down when I was queueing up to get in. Even though forecast said no rain it looked very different so I guess that's why no water was put down.

It was overcast most of the day but as it started getting dark at 6pm it prob was dusk to the night sky. Unless you are one if these fans who starts queuing at 4pm? ;)

2 hours ago, Jaizer said:

Oh it's been dustier than that this season! I think it's supposed to be dry next few days so they will need to try and water it frequently if they can. 

Edited by lisa-colette

On our way!  Talk about an early start!

• Like 4

14 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

#piratepride

2 hours ago, Steve Shovlar said:

That's dedication.  Safe journey.

12 hours ago, PirateShip said:

Setting off from Long Eaton at 620am on the train, arrives into Poole 1240. Change at Gloucester & Dorchester.

Thought I'd leave earlier than normal to make sure I get there for the start! :rolleyes:

Wow.  All that way for a "home" match.  I admire your dedication.