British Speedway Forum
Steve Shovlar

Glasgow v Poole/Poole v Glasgow. Playoff Final 2/4th Nov 2021.

6 minutes ago, ray c said:

Dont forget craig dont always ride our track that well so it is a meeting of two halves

We aren't talking about our track are we. He is pretty much unbeatable at Glasgow.

7 minutes ago, ray c said:

Not thinking of myself there are a lot glasgow supporters who would like to see it as well 

I am sure they would and they can if they make the trip down. It is a shame but I have never known Poole to stream any meeting ever.

Electricity restored in Long Eaton:t:

Too many electric cars accessing the national grid at the same time me thinks!

Edited by PirateShip
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, PirateShip said:

Electricity restored in Long Eaton:t:

You need a new Hamster!  A hamster in a running wheel equipped with a generator can generate up to 500 mW electric power.

Edited by foreverblue

4 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

I am sure they would and they can if they make the trip down. It is a shame but I have never known Poole to stream any meeting ever.

They did in lockdown this summer this year rosco was commentator on one of them

2 minutes ago, ray c said:

They did in lockdown this summer this year rosco was commentator on one of them

Didn't know that, was Rosco any good?

Haven't heard from the brave voyagers from Poole for a while, the Glasgow pubs or the cold hitting you harder? :D

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

Didn't know that, was Rosco any good?

Yes he was fine they only done it when it was limited access 

31 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

They always say that when they lose.

Didn't sound like it by how he said it! Said he had to change his bike to how he's never had it at Edinburgh before. Worth having a listen. Rory Schlein and Broc Nicol also on it too. 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, PirateShip said:

Oh poop! We just had a  power cut, hope I don't av to charge me phone later before it comes back on!

Me thinks those Tigers just sabotaged the cables! 

Lol, I know in this area Virgin media said their customers might experience problems today. So a few Poole fans are worried it might affect the stream. But hopefully not.

I was having a look at some videos of earlier in the season and something from the racesuit really caught my I. I knew it was there but for some reason seems poignant noticing it tonight. What I speak of is the who DAyres wins on shoulder straps. 

A brilliant showman, a talented rider and an absolutely brilliant guy, would be apt if we could win as some kind of tribute to Danny. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

Lol, I know in this area Virgin media said their customers might experience problems today. So a few Poole fans are worried it might affect the stream. But hopefully not.

That's Richard Brans't'on for yer, getting things in a pickle! :rofl:

14 minutes ago, Jaizer said:

I was having a look at some videos of earlier in the season and something from the racesuit really caught my I. I knew it was there but for some reason seems poignant noticing it tonight. What I speak of is the who DAyres wins on shoulder straps. 

A brilliant showman, a talented rider and an absolutely brilliant guy, would be apt if we could win as some kind of tribute to Danny. 

Top racer, I was at the British Final where he thrilled the wider audience especially when it seemed everyone was willing him on to beat Bomber....... much missed is Danny.

Edited by PirateShip
  • Like 3

My £11.95 now gifted to the weegie coffers. 

No clue who to support since you both wopped us recently. 

Not sure I've ever been a neutral at a match - always supported the away team if our boys weren't involved!

Deep breaths required and must stay neutral / must stay neutral / must stay neutral. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, TheScotsman said:

My £11.95 now gifted to the weegie coffers. 

No clue who to support since you both wopped us recently. 

Not sure I've ever been a neutral at a match - always supported the away team if our boys weren't involved!

Deep breaths required and must stay neutral / must stay neutral / must stay neutral. 

Quick lads grab him by the sporran & make him swear allegiance to the Pirates! :D :party:

Edited by PirateShip
  • Haha 1