British Speedway Forum
FishersGate

Leicester Lions 2022 Line up

12 hours ago, mac101 said:

pretty much the same with most clubs why would they not bring play off forward and run them in decent weather rather than a wet september/october 

Reasonable weather in November last year when we Pirates wrapped up the Championship  :D

Thought I heard a number of key staff are taking August holidays (yes really) which is why Kent NDL fixture couldn't be arranged until September

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Sings4Speedway said:

Thought I heard a number of key staff are taking August holidays (yes really) which is why Kent NDL fixture couldn't be arranged until September

What a load of tosh. With three qualified Clerk of the Courses, 4 Machine Examiners and the maximum amount of licenced officials  I'm afraid you are simply wrong.

• Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, W9 Lion said:

What a load of tosh. With three qualified Clerk of the Courses, 4 Machine Examiners and the maximum amount of licenced officials  I'm afraid you are simply wrong.

Happy be to be corrected just going on what i was told. That said no fixtures in August is just daft.

17 minutes ago, Sings4Speedway said:

Happy be to be corrected just going on what i was told. That said no fixtures in August is just daft.

I understand the thinking was that as we progressed in other competitions these open dates would be filled, but at present its being delayed as other clubs complete their fixtures.

• Thanks 1

NDL meetings are arranged on 3rd & 10th September because that is the Polish middle & bottom tier play off finals over 2 legs. So Leicester would be without Nick Morris if his club make it.  But if you look there are only NDL fixtures on those dates throughout the country.

8 hours ago, W9 Lion said:

Clerks of the Course, actually....

• Haha 1

On 8/9/2022 at 11:11 AM, W9 Lion said:

I understand the thinking was that as we progressed in other competitions these open dates would be filled, but at present its being delayed as other clubs complete their fixtures.

Should be able to race the NL KOC final in August. Means they won't have to put it off until Leicester's play-off campaigns are over!

On 8/9/2022 at 11:11 AM, W9 Lion said:

Odd that, we Pirates are waiting for other club's to finally complete a fixture that was abandoned on May 27th.

Wonder which 2 club's they are? Yes ponder ponder :rolleyes:

On ur profile.......

75mm can vary as to how far it is depending on the circumstances & consequences. Also varies on the size of the moving creature, the speed the creature travels & whether the creature is travelling vertically or horizontally.

Edited by Turnip

On 8/11/2022 at 1:16 PM, szkocjasid said:

Should be able to race the NL KOC final in August. Means they won't have to put it off until Leicester's play-off campaigns are over!

Well they could race the NLKOCF or Jubilee league final in spare August date. But I wouldn't be surprised to see a blank August & a busy October.

6 hours ago, szkocjasid said:

Well they could race the NLKOCF or Jubilee league final in spare August date. But I wouldn't be surprised to see a blank August & a busy October.

6 hours ago, szkocjasid said:

It was announced at the Scunthorpe meeting that there would be a meeting on August Bank holiday weekend but at the time they did not know what the meeting would be!!!

21 hours ago, Skodaman said:

It was announced at the Scunthorpe meeting that there would be a meeting on August Bank holiday weekend but at the time they did not know what the meeting would be!!!

I really hope it's the NL Cup final. Give these lads a prime date for a big meeting instead of the usual (being dumped till the end of the season)!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, szkocjasid said:

I really hope it's the NL Cup final. Give these lads a prime date for a big meeting instead of the usual (being dumped till the end of the season)!

It says on Scorpions website under fixture list-  National League Riders Championship 25th September- to be confirmed?

7 hours ago, szkocjasid said:

1 hour ago, scunny1 said:

It says on Scorpions website under fixture list-  National League Riders Championship 25th September- to be confirmed?

I'm talking about Leicester putting on the NLKOCF or Jubilee League final being raced in August, so there's not a large gap without racing. NLRC doesn't enter into the equation, apart from being a date the Lion Cubs can't race on.

On 8/18/2022 at 12:05 AM, szkocjasid said:

I'm talking about Leicester putting on the NLKOCF or Jubilee League final being raced in August, so there's not a large gap without racing. NLRC doesn't enter into the equation, apart from being a date the Lion Cubs can't race on.

Leicester do not have any spare dates until 8th October at the earliest . 

27th Aug Not possible to race

3rd Sept Kent

10th Sept Berwick Bullets

17th Sept Reserved for KOC semi vs Poole

24th Sept Reserved for Play Off semi

1st Oct Reserved for Play Off Final 

Edited by Lenny Lion