British Speedway Forum

Just now, szkocjasid said:

I think it'll be even harder for any NDL riders looking to step up this year, with a 42 limit I can see lots of strong reserves, so new 2.00 men will find it very tough!

I agree, hence why I support the dropping of the rising star.

But it's looking to be a strong 9 team NDL, giving riders plenty of track time to develop so they will be ready for the leap in years to come

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, szkocjasid said:

I think it'll be even harder for any NDL riders looking to step up this year, with a 42 limit I can see lots of strong reserves, so new 2.00 men will find it very tough!

Who from this year's NDL who didn't have a champ place is even close to being able to step up? I can't think of any hence why I think ending RS program, creating a much stronger NDL will give those riders a more competitive environment to bridge the gap. Then this time next year maybe Freeman, Beebee, hagon, Kelly, the mcgurks might be in a position to make the step up

• Like 2

Seasonal joke, right ere goes, hope yers all ready for this....

Wot do u get when u cross Rory Schlein with the Dolphin shopping centre?

Rudolph of course!

:rofl:

Hey c'mon don't go throwing yer rotten tomatoes at me! 

:party:

• Haha 1

We shud sign Gino Manzares. Plenty of untapped potential which would be tapped into in the Skull and Crossbones! :t:

40 minutes ago, PirateShip said:

We shud sign Gino Manzares. Plenty of untapped potential which would be tapped into in the Skull and Crossbones! :t:

Already said to him on twitter if one of his offers is from Poole to accept it! 

Poole might start making announcements in next few weeks or next month. Probably be obvious by who is left lol!

Edited by lisa-colette
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

i think he was coming to poole a couple of years back but nothing became of that one 

7 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

Honestly never been impressed with manzares, has had more than one go here rarely been above reserve/ second string. Thought Poole might have learner with Danyon Hume that British riders are often better than expensive foreign riders at bottom end of your team

• Like 2

1 minute ago, ray c said:

i think he was coming to poole a couple of years back but nothing became of that one 

Top league was prob too early for him then. Would be a good signing in this league. 

2 minutes ago, Jaizer said:

Honestly never been impressed with manzares, has had more than one go here rarely been above reserve/ second string. Thought Poole might have learner with Danyon Hume that British riders are often better than expensive foreign riders at bottom end of your team

Yes, I suppose. Though Matt likes to throw in a shock signing very now and again and he could be it! :D

9 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

Top league was prob too early for him then. Would be a good signing in this league. 

Had his chance IMO.

I reckon Poole will lineup as last season without Basso and Schlein. Zach Cook to replace Basso and a straight swap for Schlein!

40 minutes ago, Marshall07 said:

I reckon Poole will lineup as last season without Basso and Schlein. Zach Cook to replace Basso and a straight swap for Schlein!

Maybe, but they are talking about some changes in the local press today. Also about being a feeder club now, so I guess that means more younger riders who have good potential?

There has to be changes in the Pirates lineup because we were above 42 points. Rory has now retired. Ben Basso has clashes with the Danish league and my guess is their fixture list needs to be published to see if it’s viable or not for him to ride for us. No doubt Matt and Danny would like to include him as there’s some serious potential there. But no good if he misses a big chunk of home meetings.

I think we will end up with three heat leaders, Steve Worrall, Danny King, plus one more (Douglas?, Becker?) and then perhaps Zack Cook, Stefan Neilsen and 2 others. Would like Danyon back but I guess it all depends on how the jigsaw fits together.

But regardless of that, I am sure as always that we will be challenging at the pointy end of next season and trying to win trophies.

3 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

There has to be changes in the Pirates lineup because we were above 42 points. Rory has now retired. Ben Basso has clashes with the Danish league and my guess is their fixture list needs to be published to see if it’s viable or not for him to ride for us. No doubt Matt and Danny would like to include him as there’s some serious potential there. But no good if he misses a big chunk of home meetings.

I think we will end up with three heat leaders, Steve Worrall, Danny King, plus one more (Douglas?, Becker?) and then perhaps Zack Cook, Stefan Neilsen and 2 others. Would like Danyon back but I guess it all depends on how the jigsaw fits together.

But regardless of that, I am sure as always that we will be challenging at the pointy end of next season and trying to win trophies.

You're on 41.60 at current available GSA