British Speedway Forum

9 minutes ago, Trackerman48 said:

Not from what I was told and that's from the rider himself 

Really hope you are right! Though Skidder has said previously that the Poole team keeps changing, so hopefully he is not the rider that has 'changed.'

Edited by lisa-colette

Steve is probably a victim of doing too well for Poole. Haven't checked but think went from 3rd heat leader for Poole to league no.1 over the season. Teams seen loathe to go with 2 9 pointers these days

Got to be honest.

Danny King is simply a much better rider than Steve Worrall and he's capable of doing a job at No.1 by maintaining his average.

Steve Worrall even though he's popular among the Poole faithful wouldn't be able to maintain his average. Take into account the numerous amount of meetings Steve rode in the engine room with easier races than Danny.

I'm interested to see how this play's out as I'm hearing one thing and Trackerman has heard another while the Polish press are reporting the Lawson story.

Can't fit all 3 in so one has to go. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Jaizer said:

Steve is probably a victim of doing too well for Poole. Haven't checked but think went from 3rd heat leader for Poole to league no.1 over the season. Teams seen loathe to go with 2 9 pointers these days

Well if Matt and Danny have the same thinking, then can someone shout 2003 at them, thanks!

4 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

Really hope you are right! Though Skidder has said previously that the Poole team keeps changing, so hopefully he is not the rider that has 'changed.'

Work on the basis that Lawson has signed because that Polish story came out of nowhere and it's way too random for it to be fake news imo.

2 minutes ago, KingoftheTrack said:

Got to be honest.

Danny King is simply a much better rider than Steve Worrall and he's capable of doing a job at No.1 by maintaining his average.

Steve Worrall even though he's popular among the Poole faithful wouldn't be able to maintain his average. Take into account the numerous amount of meetings Steve rode in the engine room with easier races than Danny.

I'm interested to see how this play's out as I'm hearing one thing and Trackerman has heard another while the Polish press are reporting the Lawson story.

Can't fit all 3 in so one has to go. 

Okay, let's for one minute say the Lawson thing is true which I'm hesitate to believe as it's come from Geoff! Why would Lawson break his contract with Plymouth, it makes zero sense to me. His previous tracks include Lakeside and Eastbourne so Plymouth a better fit track wise. 

1 minute ago, lisa-colette said:

Well if Matt and Danny have the same thinking, then can someone shout 2003 at them, thanks!

Think as KOTT says as well. Would Steve maintain that average? I don't know he's had couple up and down years. Hasn't been a consistent number 1 over the years. Lawson is a very good rider, very reliant on his gating though

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

Okay, let's for one minute say the Lawson thing is true which I'm hesitate to believe as it's come from Geoff! Why would Lawson break his contract with Plymouth, it makes zero sense to me. His previous tracks include Lakeside and Eastbourne so Plymouth a better fit track wise. 

Apparently @philtheace is saying it's because a sponsor has dropped out at Plymouth.

Perhaps Richard is still scarred from the Eastbourne treatment this year to take any risks and would rather play it safe by being paid on time.

Edited by KingoftheTrack
  • Like 3

3 minutes ago, KingoftheTrack said:

Work on the basis that Lawson has signed because that Polish story came out of nowhere and it's way too random for it to be fake news imo.

They didn't happen to say why he broke his contract then? ;)

Just now, lisa-colette said:

They didn't happen to say why he broke his contract then? ;)

Plymouth thread suggesting Plymouth lost a sponsor. I wouldn't be shocked if they've miscalculated Kennet's average too

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, lisa-colette said:

They not in the top league there anymore are they? 

Torun are in the Ekstraliga, Zielona Gora were relegated this season

• Thanks 1

Look at it this way, riders get dropped during the season from clubs sometimes through no fault of there own because the numbers dont add up and have no other club to join, sometimes riders do not get paid by clubs, 

"IF" the story is true cannot really blame Richard Lawson, welcome to Speedway.

Who do you get if you morph Steve Worrall & Richard Lawson together???

STEVE LAWSON   :D

Now there's a quality rider from back in the day :t: can we sign him??  :lol:

• Like 3

1 minute ago, PirateShip said:

Who do you get if you morph Steve Worrall & Richard Lawson together???

STEVE LAWSON   :D

Now there's a quality rider from back in the day :t: can we sign him??  :lol:

God as he's known in these parts

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, KingoftheTrack said:

Apparently @philtheace is saying it's because a sponsor has dropped out at Plymouth.

Perhaps Richard is still scarred from the Eastbourne treatment this year to take any risks and would rather play it safe by being paid on time.

Lawson is still waiting for payment from Eastbourne Eagles - Ian Jordan who was involved at Plymouth also ; seems to have gone awol as Drew Kemp was quoted in Speedway Star saying no Eagles riders had any communication or answers from him. If rumour true Lawson has thought I not taking that risk again. 

• Like 1