British Speedway Forum

1 hour ago, Skidder1 said:

And as I mentioned on the Poole thread - Matt will be looking to recoup some of his lost Christmas bookings at the Chateau now that France has banned tourists from UK from Saturday, so a big fee probably. It will probably go to arbitration by the BSPL Board - I guess Danny will have a view!;);):rolleyes::party:

And have you put this on the Peterborough thread? Seen as how they signed him first n that he's more likely to have a future there? Sigh

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Racin Jason 72 said:

Rules have been bent for many years in pooles favour. 

That's because were the best :party:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

19 minutes ago, Jaizer said:

And have you put this on the Peterborough thread? Seen as how they signed him first n that he's more likely to have a future there? Sigh

Have put it on there just for you :rofl:

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Gazc said:

Yep that’s when the inconsistent performances kicked in tail end off the season when tracks were slick.

He wasn't the same after being put into the second bend fence by Jorgensen when Scunny came to Glasgow. After that i don't think he won a race (in 10 meetings)

Confidence is a funny thing.

3 hours ago, Pirates Of Poole said:

So looks like Glasgow will have to buy Basso from Poole. Figure could be high due to the visa costs etc

I don't know why speedway clubs don't just refuse the pay loan fees, transfer deals. There's no way the "asset system" would hold up in court after the Bosman ruling!

6 hours ago, mac101 said:

pretty sure everybody knew that Eastbourne’s matches ave we’re going to be readjusted for riders as they have been talking about it on here since team rebuilding for next year 

Just because it's been talked about in here doesn't make it official! If the BSPL only posted the final aves, we would know for sure! If the clubs know the averages, why can't the fans?

4 hours ago, Pirates Of Poole said:

So looks like Glasgow will have to buy Basso from Poole. Figure could be high due to the visa costs etc

If the Lawson to Poole rumours are true I’m sure we will be looking for a high loan fee or full transfer to offset this cost.

• Like 2

Basso's loan fee will  always be higher imo, you have to pay for all that potential and average increase!! lol

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, lisa-colette said:

Basso's loan fee will  always be higher imo, you have to pay for all that potential and average increase!! lol

I can see Glasgow having to throw in a McGhees Pie and aJumbo Hot Dog to seal this  deal.

1 minute ago, Fromafar said:

I can see Glasgow having to throw in a McGhees Pie and aJumbo Hot Dog to seal this  deal.

:D What about a deep fried mars bar, always interested in trying one of those.

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

Loan fees are on a set scale and are for 1 year only, so I don't think so. They are based on average, so maybe the other way?

11 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

lol lawson’s fee would be higher because he is a heat leader rather than a reserve which ben finished on but will just be a straight loan swap with nothing changing hands and from what i know there’s very little loan fees paid now with riders changing clubs sometime a few times a year 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

:D What about a deep fried mars bar, always interested in trying one of those.

That was reserved for Cameron Heeps but he never signed,so they might throw one in.:D

• Haha 1

57 minutes ago, wtf said:

Loan fees are on a set scale and are for 1 year only, so I don't think so. They are based on average, so maybe the other way?

I was only joking ;) But don't forget Glasgow have a year visa payment to budget in.