British Speedway Forum
andys

NEWCASTLE DIAMONDS 2022

27 minutes ago, Diamonds85 said:

Glasgow is a track I've only been to once, I rode it many many years ago, I have never watched a league meeting there though, so I can't really comment. Obviously Belle Vue, but when the teams are so divided in the top division (GP riders at 1 vs the likes of Jack Thomas etc) then the racing isn't as good sometimes... I still think Redcar is the best I've been to, I just didn't like the view in the stadium of the track (until they opened the back straight, now it's amazing)

Admittedly have only seen FIM meetings + play off final on year at Bellevue.Ashfield has improved beyond recognition regarding track and facilities with decent food ect.Well worth a visit.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, cinderfella said:

I think the fact Ashfield is being used for the GP Challenge is a fair indication of the standard of the track (and stadium facilities too)

Because the FIM would never give an event to a substandard track like (say) Zarnovica

1 hour ago, Diamonds85 said:

Obviously to have the best track in the country you need zero dirt and only concrete lines... That chew through tyres in no time... Personally the best racetrack I've been to in this country (I haven't been to them all) is Redcar, by a long way too...

You forgot to mention the air fence that doesn’t do it’s job(ask joe Alcock)…

• Sad 1

27 minutes ago, bigred said:

Indeed... There seems to be a lot of serious accidents there... It can't be a coincidence... Of course it must be from all of the brilliant close racing they have there... Surely?

And yes before all the Scunthorpe fans get triggered over a bit of banter, yes I know Newcastle's track is awful

11 minutes ago, Diamonds85 said:

And yes before all the Scunthorpe fans get triggered over a bit of banter, yes I know Newcastle's track is awful

No it's not, its technical!!!,,, maybe that's why it catches many out these days? ;)

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, ruffdiamond said:

No it's not, its technical!!!,,, maybe that's why it catches many out these days? ;)

It's been pretty bad this year... No one can argue that (I wasn't at the Redcar meeting, thank god, so I don't know if it was improved or not)

23 hours ago, ruffdiamond said:

Dunno like,,, either of them two young-uns from Redcar might do a job? ;)

I don't think Redcar would drop them to join Leicester lol!

Edited by szkocjasid

10 hours ago, cinderfella said:

And bring their current team average down again to 42 pts from the 43.26 they currently are?

They can replace Rowe with a rider up to the same average but if they change two they go back to the original 42pt building limit.

Can't see where they will get two riders from to improve what they have.

Totally agree with that!

7 hours ago, enotian said:

Mathias Thornblom looked decent in the Swedish Elite league match last night.  Mixing it with some top riders.

Doesn't look to have a Polish place although someone will probably snap him up if that's the sort of form he's in.

Failed at Berwick a good few seasons ago but looked CL heat leader standard last night. Albeit on a vastly different track to Newcastle.

Swedes not riding in Poland would fit the bill for the CL as there are hardly any Tuesday fixtures and no Thursday fixtures but too expensive for the Diamonds??

He rode very few matches for Berwick, so can't really judge him on that. But I'd certainly sign him to replace Congreve.

12 minutes ago, Diamonds85 said:

It's been pretty bad this year... No one can argue that (I wasn't at the Redcar meeting, thank god, so I don't know if it was improved or not)

Fastest times of the season recorded.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bigred said:

Edited by lewy

28 minutes ago, szkocjasid said:

I don't think Redcar would drop them to join Redcar lol!

:blink: thought the guy had been talking about Leicester? :blink:

20 minutes ago, lewy said:

Well said m8 agree with that wholeheartedly.

• Haha 1

24 minutes ago, ruffdiamond said:

:blink: thought the guy had been talking about Leicester? :blink:

Yeah, I didn't proof read my post

Just now, szkocjasid said:

Yeah, I didn't proof read my post

:nono: 'measure twice, cut once'. ;)