British Speedway Forum
andys

NEWCASTLE DIAMONDS 2022

3 hours ago, Wizzer606 said:

I believe he was working for Amazon through Covid. Unsure if he still does.

He's a qualified sparky these days after doing a full time course during COVID aswell on face time along with James sarjent

Edited by Justgotmecpc

10 hours ago, Diamonds85 said:

He's another who once showed promise to be bigger than he has turned out to be, now he's just a championship journeyman, (Bit like Proctor) I wonder how he makes ends meet, has he got any teams abroad or does he have work in this country? Genuinely curious if people of his level can make a living from speedway.

You would be surprised .If you think he is not making enough there must be a few others in deep sh#t.

Ps.

He has done a lot more than Procter. IMO.There are very few make it to the Top.

3 hours ago, Racin Jason 72 said:

Today’s feature in the speedway star about Newcastle is solely quotes taken from the BSN coverage from Sunday. 
absolutely no comment from the promotion whatsoever. 

Think it’s becoming obvious the biggest problem at Newcastle is the “Burger King”

• Haha 3

4 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

Think it’s becoming obvious the biggest problem at Newcastle is the “Burger King”

He reminds me a little of David Hemsley at Leicester. Got to do things HIS way, won't listen to advice, but enjoyed very much being the saviour. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, soupy said:

You can not believe most things written these days as talk is cheap.

Wouldn't disagree with you there. ;)

2 hours ago, Viper said:

Are you really surprised?

The way forward apparently is just say nothing about anything at all!

No comment about the performance on Sunday

No comment about progress with team changes

No injury update on Paul or Matty

No thank you to the fans for still paying their money to watch two consecutive home drubbings.

Just stay silent and put out a few adverts for the Poole match and that will suffice. 

A like the way you've wrote that. ;)

• Like 1

4 hours ago, screm said:

Wells along with a number of riders at Championship level do just enough for their current clubs to continue in the team while making sure their average is attractive enough to other clubs who are looking for riders for the following season should they find themselves without a club.

As has happened since the year dot when "5pt second strings" became the "endangered species" each season..

Decent HL's and decent reserves are shoe ins...

One lad I used to know well was a master at finishing the season at a "just right" average for the following year..

A "six point man all day long" who always ended his seasons on five point something..:D..

Never missed a season start in many, many years.. ;)

• Like 1

4 hours ago, mikebv said:

As has happened since the year dot when "5pt second strings" became the "endangered species" each season..

Decent HL's and decent reserves are shoe ins...

One lad I used to know well was a master at finishing the season at a "just right" average for the following year..

A "six point man all day long" who always ended his seasons on five point something..:D..

Never missed a season start in many, many years.. ;)

To be fair that`s not a short list.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Justgotmecpc said:

He's a qualified sparky these days after doing a full time course during COVID aswell on face time along with James sarjent

I’m sure “proper” qualified sparkys will take offence at those that do a “course” and say they are “qualified”.

39 minutes ago, Diamondboy said:

I’m sure “proper” qualified sparkys will take offence at those that do a “course” and say they are “qualified”.

Red to Red, Black to Black, Blue to Bits innit? ;)

18 minutes ago, ruffdiamond said:

Red to Red, Black to Black, Blue to Bits innit? ;)

Rob Grant must have done one of them courses as well.....

• Haha 1

18 hours ago, Diamonds85 said:

He's another who once showed promise to be bigger than he has turned out to be, now he's just a championship journeyman, (Bit like Proctor) I wonder how he makes ends meet, has he got any teams abroad or does he have work in this country? Genuinely curious if people of his level can make a living from speedway.

Has a job

Looking at the latest Green Sheet figures, Max Clegg and Paul Starke are the only two riders who have marginally improved since

the start of the Season and so overall we have a Team Average which is lower than first declared which was bad enough then.

1 hour ago, Diamondboy said:

Blow a fuse no doubt.

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, Viper said:

Are you really surprised?

The way forward apparently is just say nothing about anything at all!

No comment about the performance on Sunday

No comment about progress with team changes

No injury update on Paul or Matty

No thank you to the fans for still paying their money to watch two consecutive home drubbings.

Just stay silent and put out a few adverts for the Poole match and that will suffice. 

So true or reshow highlights of the northumberland show. 

if we want info, we gotta turn into the fbi and find out ourselves about newcastle now.