British Speedway Forum
racers and royals

World U21 championship 2022 GP 2 3rd round Torun Friday September 30th

Just now, Fromafar said:

Farcical,sitting through all the rubbish for an Anti Climax like that.Kvech was hard done by in my book.

Yep,  Kvechy was robbed

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Lefty said:

What will finish first:-

1. The heatwave 

2. the train strike

3. This meeting

They must have been worried that the Heatwave was going to win.

17 hours ago, racers and royals said:

Thank you very much for those links - first time I have used one - the first one Kergel was the best I found.  

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

Farcical,sitting through all the rubbish for an Anti Climax like that.Kvech was hard done by in my book.

Kvetch was stupid, if he waited just a bit longer he would have passed, even in 2nd spot he would still have won the meeting. He should have thought it out before the start.

He clearly took the from t wheel away.

Edited by OveFundinFan
  • Like 3

Luckily many lost the will to live in terms of finding the viewing platform. Whoever thought Eurosport/ Discovery was the best option for promoting the televised side worldwide was on ‘the sauce’ the day/night they agreed the contract. Alas the track failed all, riders, fans who paid good money to watch it live in Cardiff and the t v spectators. You really hope that someone could get it right in terms of promoting what can be a spectacular sport but sadly no one on planet earth has a clue any longer. Only the Poles seem to know how to make it work, the rest are just hangers on. Well done to all the riders who came through the meeting, the tenacity is a credit to each one.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

I think Klima had the best game plan ;)

• Haha 3

4 minutes ago, OveFundinFan said:

Kvetch was stupid, if he waited just a bit longer he would have passed, even in 2nd spot he would still have won the meeting. He should have thought it out before the start.

He clearly took the from t wheel away.

Only because Basso kept going .Kvech had him going into the corner IMO.Basso made the mistake on the previous bend to give Kvech the chance.Still history now.Won’t be remembered for the right reasons.

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, Star Lady said:

If it was a one off fine but this is part of a series of 3. Every point counts so all riders should have equal rides. 

They would have got points. They were deciding not to rerun the race but award points how they were when the race was stopped…. Or if they rerun the race and positions changed would those points have affected the two semi final draw positions. If that was a possibility then they would have to run the race again…..which they did but Kemp didn’t attempt a good start, so it made no difference anyway.

48 minutes ago, someone said:

I thought they could call races in Grand Prix meetings now, and I think they were in lap 3, so why did they not just do that?

If they had not rerun heat 20 surely it would have meant the result was the standings after heat 16.

There would be a result for that race, either as positions stood in the stopped race, or after a rerun. They decided on the rerun, no doubt because Kemp could have won it which presumably would affect semi final draw.

Edited by OveFundinFan

From Sportowefakty.. 

'The competition dragged on and was boring like tripe oil'. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Is Cardiff contracted for another nine years with Discovery+?

• Sad 1