British Speedway Forum
*JJ

Birmingham Brummies 2022

Great to see work on the Track has started in earnest now with all the shale being removed to the base before its built back up with new material and bladed. 

Great work by the Promotion. 

Thank You

• Like 4

1 hour ago, *JJ said:

You appear to have misunderstood my point. I couldn't care less about Godfrey; you don't need to get upset about me dissing the great man. I was complaining about the destruction of a very valuable means for riders to get their first step on the speedway rung. I drove a rider round many tracks in order for him to ride in his progression; the MDL was the next step before the National League, though this didn't happen. As I said, the MDL teams were run despite the promoters.

Yet again you just don’t get it. He did not do away with the MDL !
There was / is nothing in the way of the MDL. The BSPA simply stopped ‘ teams ‘ using the names of clubs that no longer exist and were not going to appear in the very short term. 
Your assertion that junior teams are run despite the promoters is an insult to all the promoters who allow and in most cases assist in running junior teams and I include Godfrey in that even though I am not a major fan on the way the sport is currently being run. Without the say so of a promoter no second half’s get run, at all !

You simply don’t have a clue how these things are run. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, *JJ said:

You appear to have misunderstood my point. I couldn't care less about Godfrey; you don't need to get upset about me dissing the great man. I was complaining about the destruction of a very valuable means for riders to get their first step on the speedway rung. I drove a rider round many tracks in order for him to ride in his progression; the MDL was the next step before the National League, though this didn't happen. As I said, the MDL teams were run despite the promoters.

Scunthorpe Stags.jpg

Who is rider with glasses I know the other three but don't recognise him

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, phillwhitewasmad said:

Who is rider with glasses I know the other three but don't recognise him

Chris Bambury

Great to see the images of all the Track work going on. Be Great if Brummies had their 1-7 in place to race on the new surface. 

55 minutes ago, GiveusaB said:

Proctor to Berwick....thankfully!

May be we could have TJ now ?

Believe he said he didn’t want to ride in championship and wanted to focus on Denmark  and Premiership this year 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Ryan555 said:

Believe he said he didn’t want to ride in championship and wanted to focus on Denmark  and Premiership this year 

Perhaps it will be Gappmaier ? great signing if it is.

14 hours ago, Fortythirtyeight said:

Yet again you just don’t get it. He did not do away with the MDL !
There was / is nothing in the way of the MDL. The BSPA simply stopped ‘ teams ‘ using the names of clubs that no longer exist and were not going to appear in the very short term. 
Your assertion that junior teams are run despite the promoters is an insult to all the promoters who allow and in most cases assist in running junior teams and I include Godfrey in that even though I am not a major fan on the way the sport is currently being run. Without the say so of a promoter no second half’s get run, at all !

You simply don’t have a clue how these things are run. 

I was there: I included the photograph to show that I helped one of the riders for a couple of years doing MDL, and I have described what I then saw. This argument started when I included a quotation from the Scunthorpe Stags Facebook site, saying that Godfrey 'did not like' the MDL. After all, Scunthorpe is not a 'club which does not exist'!

40-38, can you give JJ a pat on the back and say well done for trying to help a youngster get started in the sport...then we can move on to all things B'ham in this thread?

JJ stop arguing...stop moaning....nobody gives two shinny sh#tes!

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Ryan555 said:

I have also seen TJ's name in the Gdansk squad in Polish 1 Liga

5 hours ago, GiveusaB said:

Proctor to Berwick....thankfully!

May be we could have TJ now ?

Does that leave Josh Bates free for the Brummies?

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, GiveusaB said:

Perhaps it will be Gappmaier ? great signing if it is.

As long as there’s no dirt on track.:rolleyes:

3 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

As long as there’s no dirt on track.:rolleyes:

Oh dear...don't like the sound of that? Is he gate 'n' go type of rider ?

Is Berwick a slick track then ? (apart from Glasgow/Edinburgh its the only track I've never been to)

Edited by GiveusaB

5 minutes ago, GiveusaB said:

Oh dear...don't like the sound of that? Is he gate 'n' go type of rider ?

Is Berwick a slick track then ? (apart from Glasgow/Edinburgh its the only track I've never been to)

IMO he is a gate and go rider,very good at Shielfield when he gates.Most tracks are slick these days.