British Speedway Forum
*JJ

Birmingham Brummies 2022

9 hours ago, OGT said:

Think he's better suited to commentary than doing live updates, he looks a bag of nerves doing that. I have to agree he's a better commentator than NP and KT. 

Agreed. Struggles to look at the TV camera and his eyes are always looking off to the side. That aside, he is quite slick. I’m sure when I went to Perry Barr last year that I heard the voice of Ryan Guest (the bloke that hosted the weekly speedway lockdown quiz on YouTube) over the PA and think I spotted him near the pits. I like his enthusiasm as well. If he cannot be involved this season is there such a thing as Ryan R/R?

I don't want any..... Rider X isn't doing Championship... blah, blah.

And I can't be a***d to get spreadsheet out (Monday I would) If the Brummies signed two of Ellis/Ostergaard/Sedgeman what would remain for final rider?

Ostergaard signed by Glasgow..

Edited by Brummie Boy

14 hours ago, flagrag said:

They have some good knowledgeable Speedway people involved there and I am sure that they will not let Mr Rogers pull the wool over their eyes.

Dave Rowe is a good honest guy who loves his Speedway and is master of stats of Speedway and I met Gary Drinkwater and his wife Lorraine when they were involved at Coventry.

Nigel Tolley is a very astute businessman and has made himself very good money by sound investments so don’t see him getting involved at Birmingham without doing his due diligence 

Tolley must know his stuff. Massive rent increase. Bigger sponsorship and bigger crowds required. Big uphill task to start the road to a successful business. Plus having LR building a playoff seeking team. 

12 hours ago, Teromaafan said:

Agreed. Struggles to look at the TV camera and his eyes are always looking off to the side. That aside, he is quite slick. I’m sure when I went to Perry Barr last year that I heard the voice of Ryan Guest (the bloke that hosted the weekly speedway lockdown quiz on YouTube) over the PA and think I spotted him near the pits. I like his enthusiasm as well. If he cannot be involved this season is there such a thing as Ryan R/R?

They have monitors to the side of the camera giving them information as well as an earpiece from the director plus trying to remember all the relevant action that's happened. It's quite involved and a lot different from commentating off camera. Rowey does a good job tbh. 

• Like 1

On 2/19/2022 at 8:15 AM, Brummie Boy said:

Ostergaard signed by Glasgow..

Hadn't realised that. 20.51 left if the pinned team building thread is to be believed, 7.66 (Ellis) & 5.55 (Sedgeman) would leave 7.3

Ellis, yes...Sedgeman, hopefully not...would prefer Gappmaier if poss?

May be Jordan Stewart ?

Beggars can't be choosers as they say :D

Edited by GiveusaB

52 minutes ago, GiveusaB said:

Ellis, yes...

If the Brummies have signed a title sponsorship deal with Red Bull or Microsoft then it may be possible to think that they can afford to sign the British Champion. Right now sponsorship deals seem thinner on the ground than riders, and they can't cut the cloth that they don't have.

27 minutes ago, uk_martin said:

If the Brummies have signed a title sponsorship deal with Red Bull or Microsoft then it may be possible to think that they can afford to sign the British Champion. Right now sponsorship deals seem thinner on the ground than riders, and they can't cut the cloth that they don't have.

I agree....I was just responding to Col's suggestions? 

I don't think Ellis is beyond our expectations though....he's just an obvious choice of what's available....I'm not that fussed if we signed him or not!

My wish list would include 'Covatti'....but I know that's not gonna happen!

The Brummies must be confident of getting the riders they need because they have press and practice on the 23rd of March 

• Thanks 1

Why the objection to Sedgeman, he was decent at PB in Glasgow's win last year .. better than Wells  5.5 seems reasonable.

At this stage I'm starting to be a little concerned about the make up of the Birmingham squad. Whilst there is more than a month till the tapes rise all other teams have declared their proposed starting lineup & Brum still have to name a top three. I can't  see any riders left that would fill those voids unless as yet unknown to British speedway Euro stars are to come in. I guess there are some young Swedes & Danes that might come but at what cost. I hope it will be resolved soon.

1 hour ago, Technik said:

At this stage I'm starting to be a little concerned about the make up of the Birmingham squad. Whilst there is more than a month till the tapes rise all other teams have declared their proposed starting lineup & Brum still have to name a top three. I can't  see any riders left that would fill those voids unless as yet unknown to British speedway Euro stars are to come in. I guess there are some young Swedes & Danes that might come but at what cost. I hope it will be resolved soon.

Don't panic LR is going through his choices and making sure he gets the best balanced team. He's got his riders as Morris and Nielsen will be starting at reserve. Just waiting on 2 to return paperwork. Others checking fixtures that have been out for 6 weeks. 

Well the "Boss" Nigel Tolley took the time out to try to reassure supporters that there is no need to panic and be patient with regards signing the three remaining riders, he said announcements would be made in the near future (Obviously as its near to P&P), With regards the Track work he is really happy with the way things are going, as for the stubble I presume he is going for the Jeff Lynne look ;).

13 minutes ago, heathen52 said:

Well the "Boss" Nigel Tolley took the time out to try to reassure supporters that there is no need to panic and be patient with regards signing the three remaining riders, he said announcements would be made in the near future (Obviously as its near to P&P), With regards the Track work he is really happy with the way things are going, as for the stubble I presume he is going for the Jeff Lynne look ;).

Jeff who?