British Speedway Forum
*JJ

Birmingham Brummies 2022

54 minutes ago, M.D said:

Indeed and that info came from both Eric and Paul.

Is it poor crowd levels or not enough drivers willing to race or a combination of both? 
Arlington is a lovely little stadium with decent facilities too. 

1 hour ago, M.D said:

Indeed and that info came from both Eric and Paul.

:( fingers crossed then.

2 hours ago, uk_martin said:

Must be really hard doing so well in a town / city where they have to compete with Poole City FC, Poole Villa FC, Poole Bromwich Albion FC, and Dorset County Cricket Club (+ T20 and "Hundred" offshoots) on a regular basis. Not to mention Poole Harriers Athletics Club, Old Pooleans RFC, Poole Bullets Basketball Club, Poole Priory Tennis Club etc.

Well said, we have multi sports team in Birmingham, lots of choice for everyone, OK our football teams are not doing very well, the cricket county championship as not been very good for warwickshire, we have most if not all sports available to us Brummies, we even had motor racing a good few years back, not easy being a brummie when we have so much choice, unfortunately all the football clubs and warwickshire eat up any spare cash, we cant attend them all if we want a beer or two...its not cheap in Birmingham you know , but its all about value for money and i guess most Brummies dont attend speedway as they dont see it as value for money

Edited by Gerbat1875

By the way Football is not VFM in the Birmingham area, you have Villa spending millions for mid table mediocrity, you have Birmingham not got a pot to pee in, a broken stadium, dodgy crooks as owners, you have WBA just happy to enjoy the parachute payments each time they get relegated, Its an happy old place is Brum and the CWG lifted all that gloom for just a few days, now its back to reality 

Oh and not forgetting speedway, we have Brummies, who seem to suffer more injuries than a trenchful of soldiers in WW1 after a gas attack, happy to plod along around the bottom 2 of the league and signing under performers every year who have previously failed at Perry Barr time and time again, but the team manager says we are unlucky even after a mauling, it will all come good you know for Birmingham sports teams, maybe not in my lifetime now, but it will...what im trying to say is Birmingham teams of all sports are rubbish lol

6 minutes ago, Gerbat1875 said:

Oh and not forgetting speedway, we have Brummies, who seem to suffer more injuries than a trenchful of soldiers in WW1 after a gas attack, happy to plod along around the bottom 2 of the league and signing under performers every year who have previously failed at Perry Barr time and time again, but the team manager says we are unlucky even after a mauling, it will all come good you know for Birmingham sports teams, maybe not in my lifetime now, but it will...what im trying to say is Birmingham teams of all sports are rubbish lol

I’m sure the soldiers injured in the trenches will be over the moon being compared to speedway riders...

• Confused 1

1 minute ago, Diamondboy said:

I’m sure the soldiers injured in the trenches will be over the moon being compared to speedway riders...

it wasnt meant to be offensive to our heroes of ww1, my grandad was injured in ww1, and my Great uncle was killed, my Grandad used to have a bit of banter about the ww1 trenches with his old pub pals, dont get so offended in this politically correct world full of snow flakes, I fought in the falklands as a 21 year old marine, i dont get offended by anything or what people say, it was part of my job at the time and i,d do it all over again. people need to chill out and stop being offended 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Racin Jason 72 said:

Is it poor crowd levels or not enough drivers willing to race or a combination of both? 
Arlington is a lovely little stadium with decent facilities too. 

Crowd levels which is a real concern.

37 minutes ago, Petecc said:

And all this has to do with birmingham?

Just pointing out the concerns that sports will run into next year, I would think thats relevant to any speedway club

• Like 2

9 hours ago, uk_martin said:

Must be really hard doing so well in a town / city where they have to compete with Poole City FC, Poole Villa FC, Poole Bromwich Albion FC, and Dorset County Cricket Club (+ T20 and "Hundred" offshoots) on a regular basis. Not to mention Poole Harriers Athletics Club, Old Pooleans RFC, Poole Bullets Basketball Club, Poole Priory Tennis Club etc.

Exactly but they are managing

Birmingham has a UFC world champion now, Leon Edwards. That's something else to celebrate. 

On 8/20/2022 at 4:04 PM, gazzac said:

That's not good news, if the stock cars struggle,  going to be hard for speedway there again. I know the Dugards are speedway/motorsport through and through, just hope it doesn't get to a point where the only viable option is planning/houses.:(

Arlington Stadium has been put forward for housing more than once under a procedure where land owners can ask the planning authority to consider their land for new houses. Anyone can put their land forward and even if accepted for consideration there is no automatic right to planning permission. No formal planning application has been made, as far as I know.

Cycle Speedway British Individual Championships in Birmingham on BH Monday.

FB_IMG_1660932546013.jpg

Free admission to the Cycle Speedway...what more can the "speedway is overpriced" types want?

8 hours ago, uk_martin said:

Free admission to the Cycle Speedway...what more can the "speedway is overpriced" types want?

Engines on the bikes ??? :D LOL

• Haha 2