British Speedway Forum
*JJ

Birmingham Brummies 2022

On 9/15/2022 at 12:34 PM, FishersGate said:

Palin maybe a good shout he definitely will want some form back. Anders Rowe rides birmingham well so could snap him up? From a Leicester point of view I could see one of the Thomson twins being split as well

I think Pearson is the only definite as he needs persevering with, points limit will decide if teams go top heavy or have two heat leaders and team of five pointers. Anders Rowe would be a great fit, he's put a point on his average since returning to the UK. His passion is misjudged as petulance, but Crump, Doyle, Woffy, Havvy were 20 once and had all the passion and class that's required to succeed. I think the consortium are respected by the riders and in return will give the supporters an attractive team to support in 2023.

Edited by ejcracing

On 9/15/2022 at 12:08 PM, mc131 said:

Shanes and Morris no good if Birmingham want to challenge they are far to inconsistent 

I disagree, Joe Thompson has been far more inconsistent this year, but Leicester still topped the table! Even Nick Morris has averaged below 8 & above 10 in the same season!

54 minutes ago, szkocjasid said:

I disagree, Joe Thompson has been far more inconsistent this year, but Leicester still topped the table! Even Nick Morris has averaged below 8 & above 10 in the same season!

They've both been around alot longer than joe t, both very inconsistent 

• Like 2

On 9/15/2022 at 8:16 PM, Gerbat1875 said:

Harris, shanes, Morris and castagna, dear oh dear a fresh new look team is needed, these 4 have been here before and not really ripped any trees up, none of them have improvement in them, why keep suggesting the same old same old every year, I would keep Nielsen and Pearson from last season and that's it, the others I wouldn't waste the ink in the pen, no wonder brummies can't attract any new fans when you keep signing past failures 

I would take Harris all day long, but I totally agree about Shanes/Morris/Paco...(that's why I put 'reluctantly' in my previous post)

I also agree to keep Nielsen/Pearson and I think Sedgeman has done enough to earn another contract.....throw in Pickering and that's a decent 4 riders to start with.

Dream Team stance? I would love to see Covatti back at Perry Barr.

I think Lee Complin would be a good shout for the Brummies in 2023

1. Smolinski 2. Morris 3. Pickering 4. Castagna 5. Sedgmen 6. Complin  7. Pearson 

Definitely need a crowd puller like Smoli or it could be the final year,

Edited by SpeedwayTShirts

When they lower the team average at agm?

17 hours ago, SpeedwayTShirts said:

I think Lee Complin would be a good shout for the Brummies in 2023

1. Smolinski 2. Morris 3. Pickering 4. Castagna 5. Sedgmen 6. Complin  7. Pearson 

Definitely need a crowd puller like Smoli or it could be the final year,

And when they lower the team average at the agm?

It will be interesting to see what they come up with regards Team Limits.

It may be better to focus on certain segments as well as any overall limit if the League were same numbers as now.

E.G A max figure for 3 heat Leaders / or not allowed more than 2 over say 7.5, just to equal up strengths.

However, if a few Clubs who have run in 2022, don't make it to tapes in 2023, and at least 1 moves up, and no one new comes in to CL , they may be able to increase points limit and have a more competitive League with slightly fewer Clubs

Would an example 2 Leagues of 8 Clubs ( or a 7 and a 9) with Home and Away twice and no micky mouse summer add ons and a KOC be an option?

15 meaningful Home Fixtures guaranteed with 8 Clubs and Home and Away twice?

4 hours ago, HGould said:

It may be better to focus on certain segments as well as any overall limit if the League were same numbers as now.

E.G A max figure for 3 heat Leaders / or not allowed more than 2 over say 7.5, just to equal up strengths.

However, if a few Clubs who have run in 2022, don't make it to tapes in 2023, and at least 1 moves up, and no one new comes in to CL , they may be able to increase points limit and have a more competitive League with slightly fewer Clubs

Would an example 2 Leagues of 8 Clubs ( or a 7 and a 9) with Home and Away twice and no micky mouse summer add ons and a KOC be an option?

That won't be enough for some teams - or riders!!

I thought some clubs have a 'minimum number of home fixtures ' written into their rental agreements with their landlords?!

Edited by Skidder1

8 hours ago, HGould said:

and what do clubs do for the other half of the season ?

My local club pays rent for 12 months so 15 fixtures isn’t going to cover it !

24 minutes ago, Fortythirtyeight said:

and what do clubs do for the other half of the season ?

My local club pays rent for 12 months so 15 fixtures isn’t going to cover it !

So how many this season? 

9 league, 3 summer Cup, 1 koc

Plus a few add ons 

Go figure

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, HGould said:

So how many this season? 

9 league, 3 summer Cup, 1 koc

Plus a few add ons 

Go figure

So far we have had 21 HOME meetings and we still have two individual meetings and a cup final to run and we hope for more !

The obvious answer is that clubs running NDL teams (alongside senior sides) are able to provide continuity of regular home meetings throught out a summer.

52 minutes ago, crescent girl said:

The obvious answer is that clubs running NDL teams (alongside senior sides) are able to provide continuity of regular home meetings throught out a summer.

Why with only 8 Teams are the NDL struggling to fulfil fixtures then.

30 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

Why with only 8 Teams are the NDL struggling to fulfil fixtures then.

Possibly because 6 out of the 8 have Prem/Champ teams as well and they will take preference in getting fixtures on? 

7 minutes ago, StevePark said:

Possibly because 6 out of the 8 have Prem/Champ teams as well and they will take preference in getting fixtures on? 

But we’re talking about the of weeks with NO fixture.What’s  the point if you can’t fulfil your weekly match.