British Speedway Forum
*JJ

Birmingham Brummies 2022

On 1/23/2022 at 5:27 PM, Speedway fan said:

Track work starts this Wednesday and the drains are being updated and cleaned out and some more of these were done today along with a variety of other jobs . The air fence had to come down as there will be a new one for the season and the kickboards are in the process of being painted . Was good to see a few new volunteers there with most of the regulars.

Any photos like the ones from Workington yesterday? Getting plenty of social media attention and positivity just from a few photos of them starting to lay some shale doing some work at Workington.

Any updates on the 5th rider nearly 2 weeks now since he had the fixture list to see any clashes etc. What about riders 6 and 7 ? 

According to LR's latest statement, the next 2 signings are close....fitting in and around Polish/Danish commitments is what's causing the delay?

42 minutes ago, GiveusaB said:

Good opening meeting v ex Cov Bees ! :t:

Yes, should bring some decent nostalgic support along.

Promising update from LR yesterday regarding 2 of the 3 remaining possible signings.

Plenty of time to go yet and sit and see who is available in a month or so when it will be a buyers market :D as demands for silly money turn to panic about not having a team place! 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, GiveusaB said:

According to LR's latest statement, the next 2 signings are close....fitting in and around Polish/Danish commitments is what's causing the delay?

Danish commitments will be very difficult considering ride on the same day!!

50 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

That's what I first thought...but Roger's mentions it in his latest statement, so I'm just making assumptions (as usual) :D

I think your shout about 'Kelleher' could be right though?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, lisa-colette said:

Not if it's another substandard Dane whose domestic commitments will mainly be Division 1 matches on a Saturday (like Agertoft)

• Like 1

My money is on Kelleher to be the 7th rider.....

Good luck with that......!!

1 hour ago, GiveusaB said:

That's what I first thought...but Roger's mentions it in his latest statement, so I'm just making assumptions (as usual) :D

GiveusaB it will not be Kelleeher but I think that will be the best thing to be honest with some of the things riders have said about him. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Trackerman48 said:

GiveusaB it will not be Kelleeher but I think that will be the best thing to be honest with some of the things riders have said about him. 

He's still got time to change though. Let's hope so if it affects his career. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Trackerman48 said:

Not sure what's been said about him.....but if its anything to do with a reaction to being dropped by Poole after just 5 meetings, then you can't hold that against him?

I don't know much about him , but he's keen and with Jason Crump as a mentor he can't be that bad?

May be he'll end up at Oxford when they dump one of their reserves? 

29 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

He's still got time to change though. Let's hope so if it affects his career. 

He's not exactly young though, think he's 29 next week. I'd imagine if he were going to change he would have done so by now. Who knows

• Like 1

2 hours ago, arnieg said:

Not if it's another substandard Dane whose domestic commitments will mainly be Division 1 matches on a Saturday (like Agertoft)

Agertoft had potential....imo....however, his equipment was unreliable.

LR is just saying these things to buy time. Danno Verge still available and has no danish or polish fixtures

• Like 1