British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
keepturningleft

Olympic Commentators

If anyone is watching the Winter Olympics you may find yourself never complaining about Nige or Kelv again.

Even curling, yes curling has suffered from commentators seeing fit to shout and scream in states of near hysteria.

It seems as if we are not allowed to watch anything without commentators filling every second of time with incessant, technical babbling most of which is of no interest to anyone.

• Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, keepturningleft said:

If anyone is watching the Winter Olympics you may find yourself never complaining about Nige or Kelv again.

Even curling, yes curling has suffered from commentators seeing fit to shout and scream in states of near hysteria.

It seems as if we are not allowed to watch anything without commentators filling every second of time with incessant, technical babbling most of which is of no interest to anyone.

i thought the curling was good . never before have i been so interested in a minority sport . crowd looked bigger than a normal speedway meeting in the uk !

if you dont like the comms , turn on your mute  button . 

long live curling and other minority sports 

• Like 3

47 minutes ago, keepturningleft said:

...one reason I don't tend to watch sport on TV.

1 hour ago, steve roberts said:

...one reason I don't tend to watch sport on TV.

So your TV doesn't have a mute button??? :rolleyes:

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, chunky said:

Most used button on our remote is the "Mute".

41 minutes ago, andout said:

Most used button on our remote is the "Mute".

Do you have one that works on blu???

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, chunky said:

...I just switch the TV off! ;)

1 hour ago, steve roberts said:

...I just switch the TV off! ;)

And then you complain that you're bored! :rofl:

I just been watching it in 4K with no commentator and just the music on when it was figure skating and just the crowd and been great.

1 hour ago, chunky said:

And then you complain that you're bored! :rofl:

...and then I "play" with my Model railway!

Edited by steve roberts
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, steve roberts said:

...and then I play with my Model railway!

I was going to say that (play with trains, actually!) but I thought better of it!

21 minutes ago, soupy said:

I just been watching it in 4K with no commentator and just the music on when it was figure skating and just the crowd and been great.

Not so much with the TV, but I watch a lot of stuff on YouTube; either with no sound, or music playing.

5 hours ago, chunky said:

Do you have one that works on blu???

Unfortunately not, if you discover one, please market the product!

• Like 2

I caught a quick glimpse on ITV4 a rerun of "The Big Match" introduced by Brian Moore. No histerics or crazy camera angles or graphics. That's how I remember football on the TV!

17 minutes ago, steve roberts said:

I caught a quick glimpse on ITV4 a rerun of "The Big Match" introduced by Brian Moore. No histerics or crazy camera angles or graphics. That's how I remember football on the TV!

Yeah, but that's not why football was better back then. It's the quality of the footage and extra camera angles that makes watching modern sport (particularly speedway) so wonderful.

The reason football was better back then is because it was played by men. No playing for penalties, diving, playing balls back to the keeper, reluctance to attack and take on defenders, and general niggly crap... I watch old matches on YouTube regularly.

• Like 2