British Speedway Forum
LagutaRacingFan

Should Laguta and Emil be kicked out of the GP Series?

32 minutes ago, Blupanther said:

With both being Polish citizens, it will be interesting to see if things change if they acquire a Polish licence...

I think it’s in the FIM rulebook that for a single year, it’s one license. So if they already had their licenses sorted (could well be they had, practise now started), they cant change it.

And reading news how Polish people are taking care of UA people, how many more tickets is ekstraliga gonna sell if they welcome the lagutas and emil on a PL license :lol:

Edited by f-s-p
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, eric i said:

There is some suggestion they could maybe apply for a Hungarian licence.

I wonder what reception they will get at GPs from fans if they do ride?

I can't find any info on that subject but i think both of them would have gone thru Russian military compulsory service (unless they were exempt which is rare i hear) as it is mandatory in Russia for all male citizens between age of 18-27 and if they were they would be Russian Army Reserve. In communist Poland and even after collapse of the system at least until late 90's  speedway riders had to complete mandatory 2 year military training and then they were reservists in Polish Army.

Edited by pawel115

12 hours ago, f-s-p said:

I think it’s in the FIM rulebook that for a single year, it’s one license. So if they already had their licenses sorted (could well be they had, practise now started), they cant change it.

And reading news how Polish people are taking care of UA people, how many more tickets is ekstraliga gonna sell if they welcome the lagutas and emil on a PL license :lol:

I would also think sponsors might drop out . But as I said a while back I doubt it would be safe for them traveling around Poland/Europe. 

• Like 1

This is why all Russian athletes should be suspended without question. 

Gymnast on the podium yesterday (alongside a Ukrainian) 

IMG_20220306_102640.jpg

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Daniel Smith said:

This is why all Russian athletes should be suspended without question. 

Gymnast on the podium yesterday (alongside a Ukrainian) 

IMG_20220306_102640.jpg

He knows exactly what he,s doing you can tell by the look on his face.

14 hours ago, hammer1969 said:

I wonder what reception they will get at GPs from fans if they do ride?

The Discovery Sports Statement is clear that they won't be in the series

"Discovery Sports Events supports the FIM board’s decision to suspend the Russian and Belarusian motorcycling federations.

Therefore, Artem Laguta and Emil Sayfutdinov will not compete during the FIM Speedway GP 2022 season.

We hope to see them back in Speedway GP when the international situation will allow it.

François Ribeiro,  Head of Discovery Sports Events"

• Like 4

3 hours ago, TINYS said:

He knows exactly what he,s doing you can tell by the look on his face.

Nasty smug little piece of excrement ...horrible 

• Like 1

Nationalism has in the past caused loads of problems, and is still doing so today. In sport, I don’t care where they come from, all I want is entertainment. Maybe in the future every one rides as an individual, that means no national teams though, so it is not going to happen. So we have to put up with more problems in the future.

As Expected also Russians banned in polish leagues  

Edited by topaz325

42 minutes ago, FinnThomsen said:

Well done FIM

i hope they get another country for replaced Russian GP??? that will be good for fans

37 minutes ago, speed29 said:

i hope they get another country for replaced Russian GP??? that will be good for fans

I’m sure the NSS could stage it given the opportunity. With temporary stands at each bend I believe the capacity can be increased to 9,000-10,000. BV should get a full house so should be financially viable. Would the FIM look kindly on an application, and would BV be interested in submitting one?.

2 hours ago, OveFundinFan said:

Nationalism has in the past caused loads of problems, and is still doing so today. In sport, I don’t care where they come from, all I want is entertainment. Maybe in the future every one rides as an individual, that means no national teams though, so it is not going to happen. So we have to put up with more problems in the future.

I've thought about this a lot and I tend to agree.

I think it would be a great shame as it's great fun to root for fellow country(wo)men in world championship events regardless of how arbitrary that connection might be. Unfortunately these shows of patriotism are now hijacked by those with a nationalist agenda generating hatred toward other nations which spills out beyond the sports field. Maybe I'm giving more credit than is due? Maybe some have an agenda but perhaps more just aren't clever enough to be able to draw a line between the sporting event and real life? 

Maybe individuals could represent their star sign (I'm joking). Come on team Sagittarius!!!  Although I am on the cusp. :D

No doubt when the global corporations officially take over we'll get to enjoy the intense rivalry of team Walmart vs team Amazon......  and it'll be exactly what we deserve. 

2 hours ago, customhouseregular said:

I’m sure the NSS could stage it given the opportunity. With temporary stands at each bend I believe the capacity can be increased to 9,000-10,000. BV should get a full house so should be financially viable. Would the FIM look kindly on an application, and would BV be interested in submitting one?.

It is only bend 3 & 4 that stands can be built, there are buildings the other end. It wasn’t an open plot the council chose, it’s part of a sports centre and the stadium completed the whole complex.