British Speedway Forum
mickthemuppet

Oxford back Are there any chance of other defunct tracks returning

12 hours ago, noaksey said:

It's in a residential area isn't it?

Sort of,there are houses around the site,but they are not that close.Does not really matter,as it will never happen.

13 hours ago, Derrickn said:

Sort of,there are houses around the site,but they are not that close.Does not really matter,as it will never happen.

Thanks I went to Bradford PA a few seasons back and was pretty sure I recall houses nearby. It was an "interesting" walk from the railway station that I do recall 

Hopefully the Tangerine drem team will return to the Abbey next year, and finish where they left off in 2019, double champions.The new stadium is coming along nicely up on the hill.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, noaksey said:

Thanks I went to Bradford PA a few seasons back and was pretty sure I recall houses nearby. It was an "interesting" walk from the railway station that I do recall 

Which station did you use?.Low Moor,on the Halifax line is nearest.It's a fair old drag uphill to Horsfall if you use either of the city centre stations.Plenty of buses you could use though.

8 hours ago, Derrickn said:

Which station did you use?.Low Moor,on the Halifax line is nearest.It's a fair old drag uphill to Horsfall if you use either of the city centre stations.Plenty of buses you could use though.

Low Moor.

Wasn't a pleasant walk through some industrial area were a few shady characters about 

12 hours ago, noaksey said:

Low Moor.

Wasn't a pleasant walk through some industrial area were a few shady characters about 

Sadly,there are more than a "few" shady characters in Bradford. It's a shadow of the city it was 50 years ago.