British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Col

28.03. Aces v Tigers - Northern League Cup

24 minutes ago, Rob B said:

About 1500-1600 I’d say which is on the poor side but expected.

Still pretty good for Speedway in the UK surely? 

• Like 1

Just now, mikebv said:

Still pretty good for Speedway in the UK surely? 

In the current economic climate I'd say that is pretty good going! Would be a big crowd at some tracks. 

• Like 2

Just now, lisa-colette said:

In the current economic climate I'd say that is pretty good going! Would be a big crowd at some tracks. 

Especially given its basically averaging around twenty quid to get in for an adult and not too many kids make up the numbers...

Maybe if Matej Zagar comes over they may need a couple of hundred more if he is on his "old deal"....:D

• Like 1

Average age of fans at Belle vue must be quite high , as with many tracks I would think.

6 minutes ago, topaz325 said:

Average age of fans at Belle vue must be quite high , as with many tracks I would think.

Depends where you are. Southland I think isn't bad age wise. A few youngster's in there. 

The grandstand full of granny's :D

6 minutes ago, topaz325 said:

I went to the PCM last week and felt quite young....:D

Not as young as I do if i go to Birmingham though.. :D

• Like 1

Just now, PhilTheAce said:

Depends where you are. Southland I think isn't bad age wise. A few youngster's in there. 

The grandstand full of granny's :D

At my age i cant stand for too long....:D and i was one of the youngest in the stand!

From a Sheffield point of view I thought it was a decent meeting. Hard to tell how good we are when there’s 2 riders missing. It’s ok been favourites on paper but totally different on track. Holder and Ellis did what was expected while Worrall was a decent guest. The other 3 struggled to make too much impression. Disappointed with Kyles showing he didn’t seem as aggressive as usual and poor from the gate. Hopefully he will turn it round asap. Good to start with an away win but the bottom 3 will need to up their game if we are to win anything and on our next visit I would expect Belle Vue to be a lot stronger. My message to our riders would be don’t believe all the hype get on track and prove it   Good luck to the Tigers for the rest of the season 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Col said:

I though t I must have an average wrong when I totted them up (Cook combined KL/Ip average maybe), but they were listed on the Belle Vue website in the match preview yesterday.
Holder    8.87
Cook    6.98
Musielak    6.21
Howarth    6.19
Ellis    8.12
Nielsen    3.00

Official Green Sheets are on the Speedway GB website - there's a new menu item for 2022 Declarations:

https://britishspeedway.co.uk/2022-premiership-declarations/

The averages you've quoted don't include the 2.5% discount for the Brits.

30 minutes ago, Charlieboy said:

Good to start with an away win but the bottom 3 will need to up their game if we are to win anything.

Stefan Nielsen 4+1 (5), Connor Mountain 2+1 (3).  You expect more than that?

12 minutes ago, Col said:

About what you would expect, we were outscored 9 to 6 by the Belle Vue reserves, to be expected away from home

8 minutes ago, The Third Man said:

About what you would expect, we were outscored 9 to 6 by the Belle Vue reserves, to be expected away from home

Belle Vue have a used a point more on their reserves, Blodron 4.00, Nielsen 3.00 and they're riding their home track - granted Nielsen & Mountain have probably done more laps of the NSS than Blodorn.

30 minutes ago, Col said:

I will be disappointed if they don’t occasionally score a few more than last night. Nielsen was averaging more than that last season before injury and didn’t mountain score about 14 on a visit to Belle Vue ? I don’t expect them to get heat leader scores every meeting but in certain meetings you need your reserve to get a big score to win the meeting. Jordan Palin did it on occasions last season for Peterborough didn’t he ? 

• Like 1

If Aces can get Zagar they will be a handy side

Blodorn looked steady and stylish and should improve over time  and was out practicing after the meeting.

Edited by topaz325

8 hours ago, Rob B said:

Nothing could be predicted from sick note Cook, he is very inconsistent, last time round NSS for Ipswich in 2021 he scored 5. Musielak wouldn't have scored more then 7, has never done in his previous visits and was lot worst last week. 

Ignoring heat 14 5-1 then

Why stupid, Wright was top scorer and was very fast in heat 14, you have already stated above that Fricke was poor. Gate 1 was one of the worst gates, only 1 win all meeting, gate 3 was the better gate.

With regards to Musielak - on his last visit for Swindon in 2019, he scored 9+2.

• Like 2