British Speedway Forum

Track doesn't look like it'll need much bowser action, looks like it's had some fresh material on since I was last here.

Track looks very grippy... which isn't always great around the NSS, hope I'm wrong

2 minutes ago, benross said:

very very grippy 

Has nobody thought of setting fire to the track?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, iainb said:

Track looks very grippy... which isn't always great around the NSS, hope I'm wrong

Very grippy, riders saying track record could go, probably means not great racing unfortunately. 

• Like 1

Nice to see the Belle Vue promotion parading the trophy around in front of the fans (even if a lot of them haven't turned up) something we sadly didn't do when we won the Championship League title for the first time ever at Leicester

18 minutes ago, iainb said:

Nice to see the Belle Vue promotion parading the trophy around in front of the fans (even if a lot of them haven't turned up) something we sadly didn't do when we won the Championship League title for the first time ever at Leicester

I was as near to making the effort and going tonight as I have been for a long time, the last time I went I bumped into Mort, he was still in charge but made time for a little chat.  Who knows, maybe next season I'll actually drag myself out of the door on a few Monday evenings, it's a great track to watch racing and it's less than 20miles away, I could even use the train and relax with a beer or 3.    

2 minutes ago, nw42 said:

I was as near to making the effort and going tonight as I have been for a long time, the last time I went I bumped into Mort, he was still in charge but made time for a little chat.  Who knows, maybe next season I'll actually drag myself out of the door on a few Monday evenings, it's a great track to watch racing and it's less than 20miles away, I could even use the train and relax with a beer or 3.    

I was working away from home for a few years and would regularly travel over from Warrington and Bradford, sadly now I'm back in Leicester it's 100 miles away, if i were less than 20 miles away I'd be there every week... it's the best speedway racing track in the world for me. 

• Like 1

Same here!

This event is doomed to fail!

Edited by iainb

Terrible racing as predicted, heavy track and pretty meaningless meeting right at end of season, riders ain’t  going to take any risks.

21 minutes ago, iainb said:

I was working away from home for a few years and would regularly travel over from Warrington and Bradford, sadly now I'm back in Leicester it's 100 miles away, if i were less than 20 miles away I'd be there every week... it's the best speedway racing track in the world for me. 

You're right, I really should make more effort, I know I'd enjoy it, I love the speed that they generate round there,  it's exhilarating from the back straight.  I'm only in Northwich, easy to get there really, I think I've become institutionalised, got too comfy, used to love getting wrapped up for Autumn meetings, BLRC at Hyde Road was always mid/late October.

• Like 1

Poor Ace, all that way for less than a lap