British Speedway Forum

Enjoyed that :D

Batch - the ultimate "marmite" rider :t:

14 minutes ago, mikebv said:

I always think there is good racing at Monmore, but it is when the level of rider there is of a higher standard..

Ht 13, and 15 stand out often when I have been there, given four quality riders usually take part..

It's when the second strings and reserves ride that it becomes very spaced out and follow the leader .

British Finals always seemed decent from there as an example given most races had three or more Div 1 heat leaders in them..

Interesting. So the racing is normally rubbish at Monmore, because Wolves are crap and the opposition are even worse ?

Or have I misunderstood ? Logically you may think that when the riders are of a similar standard , the racing would be better.

I do however, appreciate that you say that there is good racing at Monmore. Not many people say that sadly.

11 minutes ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

Enjoyed that :D

Batch - the ultimate "marmite" rider :t:

Nah..... " Vegemite" B)

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Lefty said:

Nah..... " Vegemite" B)

Very few characters about these days. I think Batch is happy to be a pantomime villain. And that's fine.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Beowulf said:

Interesting. So the racing is normally rubbish at Monmore, because Wolves are crap and the opposition are even worse ?

Or have I misunderstood ? Logically you may think that when the riders are of a similar standard , the racing would be better.

I do however, appreciate that you say that there is good racing at Monmore. Not many people say that sadly.

The lesser talented riders struggle round wolves or new foreigners to the league so the racing can be a bit poor. But when you have a meeting like the pairs which is a heat 15 every race. Then they can race the track and use it’s full potential. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, geoff100 said:

Nice to see masters back to good health,shame about saturday!

He's not 100% or so he said, he has broken bones in his foot and it hurts to race.

9 hours ago, Beowulf said:

I am afraid you have broken a cardinal rule of the forum  there is never, ever any good racing at Monmore. Do 100 lines and go to bed without any supper.

So you don't think Fricke and Kurtz should be capable of passing Batch. 

Just now, foreverblue said:

So you don't think Fricke and Kurtz should be capable of passing Batch. 

Easier said then done. Batch can be very quick when he traps. 

8 hours ago, Beowulf said:

I remember some excellent meetings when Poole were in the top flight. In general I don't think it is as good as it used to be but I have always praised Wolverhampton. It is a good racetrack. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Arch Stanton said:

Easier said then done. Batch can be very quick when he traps. 

So you are saying when he doesn't trap he doesn't bother. 

4 minutes ago, Arch Stanton said:

LOL good ol Batch upsetting a few again. You love to see it :D

Rory Schlein used to do that too when he rode at Coventry. 

38 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

So you are saying when he doesn't trap he doesn't bother. 

Nope didn’t say that at all, simply saying that when he traps he can be very difficult to pass. Certainly wouldn’t  “expect” the likes of Fricke and Kurtz to catch and pass him. Think it’s well known that when Batch misses the gate then he’s not a thrill merchant racer but he’s far from alone in that regard these days sadly. Having said that, I’ve seen Batch make a few cracking passes this year. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Arch Stanton said:

Nope didn’t say that at all, simply saying that when he traps he can be very difficult to pass. Certainly wouldn’t  “expect” the likes of Fricke and Kurtz to catch and pass him. Think it’s well known that when Batch misses the gate then he’s not a thrill merchant racer but he’s far from alone in that regard these days sadly. Having said that, I’ve seen Batch make a few cracking passes this year. 

I would expect Fricke and Kurtz to pass Batchelor with a degree of comfort although Batchelor does seem to be riding a little  better now.