British Speedway Forum
Beowulf

Wolves v Sheffield LC 4th April 2022

16 minutes ago, TTT said:

Steve Worrall riding at No.5 with weak reserves is a baffling decision by Pete Adams. Basically cost Wolves the meeting.

Nah,if holder hadn,t had an off night it would have been much worse for you.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Moranboys said:

I don't support Wolves :D 

6 minutes ago, Col said:

Well done Sheffield.  You have to love it when a rider CVS & Adams are too stubborn to bring back returns too haunt them. That's the Northern section of the League cup decided.

And I thought Sheffield had the weakest reserves, out performed Wolves reserves at Monmore.  I do hope Kemp does kick on this season.

Very worrying signs tonight for Wolves fans when the reserves struggle to score points against Sheffield's at Home.

34 minutes ago, TTT said:

Steve Worrall riding at No.5 with weak reserves is a baffling decision by Pete Adams. Basically cost Wolves the meeting.

I think cos Ryan and Nick like being at 3 and 4. But I think Nick has to be at 5 til Steve settles in, tough ask for him to be at 5 straight away. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

I think cos Ryan and Nick like being at 3 and 4. But I think Nick has to be at 5 til Steve settles in, tough ask for him to be at 5 straight away. 

Got to feel for Stevie tbh because he's being thrown in at the deep end by riding as a HL when he's average says he should be riding at No.2.

Edited by TTT

Odd management putting Worrall in at 5.....seems Adams is obsessed with pairing Nick with Douglas? 

5 minutes ago, hagonshocker said:

Odd management putting Worrall in at 5.....seems Adams is obsessed with pairing Nick with Douglas? 

Hmm it may be the riders that are obsessed with it? Well that is how it is talked about on SM! 

If they have to be paired together then at 1 and 2 and have Masters at 5, then less pressure on Drew and Leon. 

I think Masters has to be at one.

It could be argued that Worrall might benefit from the extra responsibilty of riding at five given time, you look at his Championship average and it suggests he could and perhaps should be a Premiership heat leader.

15 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

I think Masters has to be at one.

It could be argued that Worrall might benefit from the extra responsibilty of riding at five given time, you look at his Championship average and it suggests he could and perhaps should be a Premiership heat leader.

Ah yes but didn't work for BV last year. I mean Wolves could do that but his form for Poole needs to be good then, so he doesn't lose confidence too much. 

I just think it would be better for him to start at 3. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TTT said:

1 hour ago, hagonshocker said:

It is odd   In the early 90's Adams deployed Sam Ermolenko (best Wolves rider) at 4 with Graham Jones heat leading alongside the reserves.  It looked crazy but worked. But the reserves then (possibly Wayne Carter & Scott Norman) were better than the second strings (possibly Lars Munkedal & Jan Steachman).

Not sure if Wolves won the league that year or lost out to Reading narrowly.

Worrall @#5 won't work. The reserves are not strong enough. Morris should be @#5 regardless of whether he & Douglas like riding together.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Moranboys said:

That's not an off night at Monmore, that's a normal performance for Holder at Monmore, not his favourite track. But it's irrelevant, the Tigers overall did enough, and deserved the win.

• Like 1

On 4/4/2022 at 10:14 PM, lisa-colette said:

Hmm it may be the riders that are obsessed with it? Well that is how it is talked about on SM! 

If they have to be paired together then at 1 and 2 and have Masters at 5, then less pressure on Drew and Leon. 

Well if that's the case then Adams needs to be questioned still, needs to stop them from holding hands all the time! 

• Like 1

Very early days of course but it would be a brave man that thinks Wolves will have a better season than Sheffield.

Agree with the majority that Becker should move away from number 2He has the ability to flourish into a heat leader this season but riding there won't help him. Worrall is the obvious choice for number two and we have to hope that he improves on what he showed on Monday. And riding at this level is going to be a big challenge for our two young reserves. Four last places between them but the Sheffield reserves had the same so it wasn't that which cost Wolves the match.

The League Cup will serve its purpose of getting us dialed in to the season and then hopefully by May we will have become difficult to beat at home

On 4/5/2022 at 5:14 AM, lisa-colette said:

They have continued with the stupid rule that the top average rider has to be at #1, which rather stifles team managers. In the Prem this season, they can only chose who rides at 2, 3, 4 & 5.

• Thanks 1