British Speedway Forum
ScunnyDan

15.04.2022 - Scunthorpe v Leicester League

9 minutes ago, spin king junior said:

There's a rumour, and until its annouced by an official that's all it is, that Nigel Pearson has passed away.

And from what I can tell its all stemmed from a twitter post. So personally, I am waiting till there's official words. 

No.   Sadly it's true.    Been confirmed by the BSPA who will be putting out a full tribute to Nigel shortly.

It is official as it is on speedway gb site. R.I.P.

5 minutes ago, Justgotmecpc said:

Or us at Glasgow

Miracles do happen.....

10 minutes ago, spin king junior said:

There's a rumour, and until its annouced by an official that's all it is, that Nigel Pearson has passed away.

And from what I can tell its all stemmed from a twitter post. So personally, I am waiting till there's official words. 

I had no idea of this and am saddened if Nigel has passed away. This was light hearted banter, which would be right up Nigel’s street, so please don’t dis me over this.

On ‎4‎/‎11‎/‎2022 at 3:04 PM, Fozzie4388 said:

Not a chance especially against a team built to win EVERY home meeting ;)

Well you got that right. ;)

Lion's second half poor or did Scorpions find their feet & step it up a gear. :t:

2 minutes ago, Teromaafan said:

I had no idea of this and am saddened if Nigel has passed away. This was light hearted banter, which would be right up Nigel’s street, so please don’t dis me over this.

You've got absolutely nothing to apologise for. At the time it was a rumour and not one that was of knowledge to everyone.

Sadly the rumour has been proved true and we've sadly lost one of the sports biggest supporters.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, spin king junior said:

You've got absolutely nothing to apologise for. At the time it was a rumour and not one that was of knowledge to everyone.

Sadly the rumour has been proved true and we've sadly lost one of the sports biggest supporters.

Thank you for supportive comments SKJ. Like yourself and many others, I will miss his enthusiasm and humour on Eurosport.

• Like 1

Terribly sad news about Nigel Pearson you will struggle to find anyone that shows the amount of passion he did to both speedway and darts 

Just now, Justgotmecpc said:

Not tonight tho 

Even on good Friday.. Not a good Friday for us . 

I purchased the stream and was very impressed with the first broadcast.  
great racing in front of a very healthy crowd. I expected Leicester to win easily but Scunthorpe rode very well indeed. And deserved the emphatic win. 

• Like 3

There's a rumour going around that an unnamed Leicester rider punched Teri Ariano in the face whilst in the pits ....which led to Leicester's downfall..I have no idea if this is true

35 minutes ago, ScottyJ said:

There's a rumour going around that an unnamed Leicester rider punched Teri Ariano in the face whilst in the pits ....which led to Leicester's downfall..I have no idea if this is true

Rider in question is Richie Worrall

Did something occur in heat 7 then?