British Speedway Forum
StevePark

Newcastle vs Edinburgh SGB Championship KO Cup 1st Rnd 1st Leg Sun 17 Apr 5.30pm

4 minutes ago, BuxtonTiger said:

Great, but Morley's National League track race on Sundays.

I’m sure championship racing would be more enticing that ndl 

2 minutes ago, ruffdiamond said:

Has Morley improved much in the 10 years or so that a know he's been around?

I would say no but he will consistently score 7 at home and 3 away. At number 7 he will definitely be better than congreve 

4 minutes ago, Racin Jason 72 said:

I would say no but he will consistently score 7 at home and 3 away. At number 7 he will definitely be better than congreve 

If he scored that amount of points regularly, he'd have a 5 pt average. Not sure if he has or will ever achieve that at CL level?

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, ruffdiamond said:

Has Morley improved much in the 10 years or so that a know he's been around?

That's why he's in the NL 

• Thanks 2

25 minutes ago, Racin Jason 72 said:

I don't think he would score anywhere near that unfortunately.

44 minutes ago, Racin Jason 72 said:

At number 7 he will definitely be better than congreve 

So would William Lawson 

• Like 1

even if there’s no #1s out there get  2 decent riders that might score  8/10/12 points at home between them just off the top of my head say Palavora and sedgmen that would put wright to reserve with complin and would always have a strong reserve when ave changes strength in depth 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, KEITH M said:

So would William Lawson 

That would give a regular poster on here something to moan about 

22 minutes ago, KEITH M said:

So would William Lawson 

Dont you have to have so many meetings to become an "asset"..?

Maybe that is what Newcastle are doing if they see potential in the young man..?

Then replace him with one of the standard of riders mentioned....

18 minutes ago, mac101 said:

even if there’s no #1s out there get  2 decent riders that might score  8/10/12 points at home between them just off the top of my head say Palavora and sedgmen that would put wright to reserve with complin and would always have a strong reserve when ave changes strength in depth 

So, if we were to bin-off the 2 Kiwis, we would have about 15 points for 2 riders. Would be nice if we could fill that gap, but honestly,,, if we were to sign Sedgmen, it might jeopardise my relationships with some involved at Newcastle and I may have to consider my allegiances.  ;)

Or Morley for that matter too!

Edited by ruffdiamond

14 minutes ago, highside said:

That would give a regular poster on here something to moan about 

Once congreve can sort his trapping out ( which was better ) last night  but tbf Edinburgh had there gating gloves on big style & were far faster out than the diamonds & I think the track was still to fair & suited Edinburgh more than us !! But it did produce good racing tho

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ruffdiamond said:

So, if we were to bin-off the 2 Kiwis, we would have about 15 points for 2 riders. Would be nice if we could fill that gap, but honestly,,, if we were to sign Sedgmen, it might jeopardise my relationships with some involved at Newcastle and I may have to consider my allegiances.  ;)

Sedgmen isn't the answer 

1 minute ago, Justgotmecpc said:

Sedgmen isn't the answer 

It would be mine,,, see ye at Christmas! ;)

Edited by ruffdiamond

12 hours ago, KEITH M said:

I have been going to Brough for 43 years now and for 40 of them years I used to pay my entrance money to watch the Owens, Hunter, Bargh, Pedersen( Nicki and Bjarne)Stuart Robson   Larson, Bach and Lambert etc Now when I pay my entrance money I say I am going to watch Cook, Masters, Pickering, Nicholls, Charles Wright, Kerr and the Worralls etc …. Notice the common theme ? I used to go to be excited by my teams riders now I look forward to seeing the opposition teams riders 

Remember when barghy came over as a raw teenager & found his 1st season really tough & look how his career panned out 

1 minute ago, Justgotmecpc said:

Remember when barghy came over as a raw teenager & found his 1st season really tough & look how his career panned out 

We had the same at Berwick with Wayne Brown but sadly the days of persevering with young riders are no more sadly.

• Like 2