British Speedway Forum
StevePark

Newcastle vs Oxford SGB Championship Sun 24 Apr 4pm

Back to a 4pm start this week.

Richie Worrall guests for the Diamonds as we welcome the Cheetahs, headed by Scott Nicholls and Troy Batchelor, to Brough Park.  There's also a welcome return of the popular ex-Diamond Kyle Newman.

We'll go along to see Scott Nicholls.

I'm delighted to see Oxford back, I haven't been to a match there since the 1980s, Hans Nielsen and Simon Wigg, great days. If it's a staycation this year, we might take in a visit to Sandy Lane.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Terrace Grumbler said:

We'll go along to see Scott Nicholls.

I'm delighted to see Oxford back, I haven't been to a match there since the 1980s, Hans Nielsen and Simon Wigg, great days. If it's a staycation this year, we might take in a visit to Sandy Lane.

You gonna buy a caravan like, or just a tent? ;)

• Haha 1

38 minutes ago, ruffdiamond said:

You gonna buy a caravan like, or just a tent? ;)

Maybe a motorhome

Just now, Justgotmecpc said:

Maybe a motorhome

Or even better than that there's a Gregg's drive through but don't tell Starkey with his dinky tummy

• Haha 1

My brother intends visiting for this one. He's never been to (B)rough Park befiore.

31 minutes ago, steve roberts said:

My brother intends visiting for this one. He's never been to (B)rough Park befiore.

Have you ever been there Steve…?  only visited Brough twice a real tough track to master.

37 minutes ago, Sidney the robin said:

Have you ever been there Steve…?  only visited Brough twice a real tough track to master.

Three times Sid! (B)rough each time! Last time I visited we went up in a mini-bus and on the way back on the M1 were pulled up by the police who thought we were "Flying" Pickets during the days of the mining disputes. I ended up showing them my programme board of Hans Nielsen and they sent us on our way...memories!

28 minutes ago, steve roberts said:

Three times Sid! (B)rough each time! Last time I visited we went up in a mini-bus and on the way back on the M1 were pulled up by the police who thought we were "Flying" Pickets during the days of the mining disputes. I ended up showing them my programme board of Hans Nielsen and they sent us on our way...memories!

It seemed like it had taken  a week to get there what a trek, a great day though really friendly people.My last visit was in 1984 when the Diamonds had there year in the BL Eddie Ingels rode.I also went to Newcastle for a weekend what a time that was stayed in Whitley Bay brilliant remember the geordies taking the p… out of our accent.Calling us Southern softees and carrot crunchers , all in good jest though they were really friendly down to earth jovial people.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, steve roberts said:

Sure something like that could only happen to you Steve, 'only you'? ;)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, steve roberts said:

You still got the programme board ? Might be a Bob or 2 nowadays

1 hour ago, Justgotmecpc said:

You still got the programme board ? Might be a Bob or 2 nowadays

I used to paint programme boards and sell them...had a good contact in Germany I recall. One of my boards featured in "Backtrack" some years ago now.