British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Bald Bloke

King's Lynn v Ipswich. League Cup 25/4/22

After 2 wins the Stars welcome those pesky Witches from Foxhole on Monday ;)

In last Thursdays great win over the Panthers everyone chipped in, and it was an enjoyable meeting. I'm hoping for another great one come Monday.

Richard didn't look as fast as he has been i'm hoping for more than 14 points from Richard, TJ, and Lewi in this one. We should see  22+ from those 3 at home hopefully, this time around..

Ones to watch for me will be Erik, Doyle and Batch to a lesser extent. Those 3 could score 30+.

I'm going for a 46-44  Stars win if the above three score well. Unless we get agent Erik:P  Thoughts?

Edited by Bald Bloke
  • Like 2

14 minutes ago, Arch Stanton said:

R/R for Heeps, and Kasper Andersen guests for Starke. 

Should give Danyon at least 3 of the R/R rides IMO

A good night for the Witches either way - a win over the Stars or defeat meaning the Pussycats go out :P

8 minutes ago, Arch Stanton said:

R/R for Heeps, and Kasper Andersen guests for Starke. 

Looks like RR for Heeps is an upgrade, looking at his  3 points in the 2 Boro  meetings. I make it Riss, Kasper and Rowe can take his rides?

As for Starke. He seems to have started pretty well with 12 points from the same 2 meetings at reserve.. I see Kasper scoring around 5-6, so a slight drop off from Starke maybe?

2 minutes ago, Baldyman said:

Let's be honest,,,, rr for Heeps is probably a massive bonus 

Yep, although Andersen for Starke less so. Starke was the match winner here last year with paid 16. Doesn’t really matter either way

1 minute ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

Should give Danyon at least 3 of the R/R rides IMO

A good night for the Witches either way - a win over the Stars or defeat meaning the Pussycats go out :P

I’d have put him in for Starke personally instead of drafting in a guest. Why not give him the rides?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Bald Bloke said:

Looks like RR for Heeps is an upgrade, looking at his  3 points in the 2 Boro  meetings. I make it Riss, Kasper and Rowe can take his rides?

No point having Hume as a no8 if not using him to take 3 r/r rides, Riss takes other in either heat 1 or heat 8

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, 2ndbendbeerhut said:

No point having Hume as a no8 if not using him to take 3 r/r rides, Riss takes other in either heat 1 or heat 8

You are right, but will Hawkins do it if it means you might not score as much. Who knows. He will want to win i would of thought.

Edited by Bald Bloke

1 hour ago, Arch Stanton said:

Yep, although Andersen for Starke less so. Starke was the match winner here last year with paid 16. Doesn’t really matter either way

I’d have put him in for Starke personally instead of drafting in a guest. Why not give him the rides?

I would too but I don't think the rules allow it as a No 8

Championship Danyon though surely would fit as a guest.....

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

I would too but I don't think the rules allow it as a No 8

Championship Danyon though surely would fit as a guest.....

Pretty sure the rule is that your number 8 can replace any rider without the need to re-declare on a match by match basis, just not during a meeting. 

Knew I’d seen it somewhere. “Or can be named in the team to replace a rider without the need to re-declare”

Edited by Arch Stanton
  • Like 1

Hopefully during Mondays meeting Alex will tell us the plan for when Niels contract ends next weekend. Jason Crump to come in perhaps?

1 hour ago, Arch Stanton said:

Pretty sure the rule is that your number 8 can replace any rider without the need to re-declare on a match by match basis, just not during a meeting. 

Knew I’d seen it somewhere. “Or can be named in the team to replace a rider without the need to re-declare”

That was my initial understanding too (from seeing the same answer from Chris) however it has been indicated since that it's not the case!!

In this case we would have 2 chances to use Danyon then and haven't. If we don’t then use him as part of the R/R facility in these circumstances then you have to question if there is a point to the whole situation at all....

3 minutes ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

That was my initial understanding too (from seeing the same answer from Chris) however it has been indicated since that it's not the case!!

In this case we would have 2 chances to use Danyon then and haven't. If we don’t then use him as part of the R/R facility in these circumstances then you have to question if there is a point to the whole situation at all....

Bloody hell if a member of the BSPA can’t get it right then there’s no hope for the rest of us is there? Why do these bloody rules have to be so complex and confusing? It’s like all this 25% fixtures b0llocks before a change can be made, nobody is entirely sure what it means exactly. I give up!

Edited by Arch Stanton
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, mrss said:

Hopefully during Mondays meeting Alex will tell us the plan for when Niels contract ends next weekend. Jason Crump to come in perhaps?

Not for me. Big bucks for 6 points a meeting.

Edited by Bald Bloke