British Speedway Forum
Arch Stanton

Ipswich v Lynn 28/4 LC

Just now, Baldyman said:

Don't think losing Starke helps and replacing them with someone as poor as Heeps,, if you want Klindt we need to lose Heeps and Batch.  Yeah Batch is okay,, but will be up and down,, Klindt for Batch and someone like Barker for Heeps is then an improvement. Losing Starke for someone that don't score much is no improvement 

True but Louis wont take batch out as he originally stopped him going to Belle Vue

So if the options at 6 are limited it would have to be a foreigner on a 4, perhaps Doyley would take someone like Keynan Rew but then that's a risk, unless its Mads Hansen or Mr Bangs 

I think we all know the side will remain anyway lol 

1 minute ago, Falcon1983 said:

True but Louis wont take batch out as he originally stopped him going to Belle Vue

So if the options at 6 are limited it would have to be a foreigner on a 4, perhaps Doyley would take someone like Keynan Rew but then that's a risk, unless its Mads Hansen or Mr Bangs 

I think we all know the side will remain anyway lol 

Yep,, I don't see any changes either unfortunately. Apart from the crowd dropping. 

Anyway,, on a different note,,, I was well impressed with Thomas,, but was expecting so much more from Pickering after what's been said about him. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Baldyman said:

Yep,, I don't see any changes either unfortunately. Apart from the crowd dropping. 

Anyway,, on a different note,,, I was well impressed with Thomas,, but was expecting so much more from Pickering after what's been said about him. 

Must of  been the track. Has averaged 9,86 in the cup before tonight :P

1 minute ago, Bald Bloke said:

Must of  been the track. Has averaged 9,86 in the cup before tonight :P

I know,,, and I thought he would rip it up and take it to Doyle and Co. 

2 minutes ago, Baldyman said:

I know,,, and I thought he would rip it up and take it to Doyle and Co. 

Maybe he likes a well prepped track lol... Mind u Wolves will be a shock to him i think.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Speedball said:

Ipswich built to 36.90 so 2.10 under.

Heeps on 4.96 but last average for Klindt I could see is 7.56 from Poole in 2019. 

Klindt is 7.43 - the Green Sheet as used by Ipswich when he was originally named in the team last season:

https://britishspeedway.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2021/05/p21_issue_1.pdf

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Bald Bloke said:

Maybe he likes a well prepped track lol... Mind u Wolves will be a shock to him i think.

Why, he rides for Edinburgh. Should be okay? 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Arch Stanton said:

But that’s not his job though is it? He’s giving an interview for a meeting preview that’s going up on the official website, it’s literally part of his job to put a positive spin on a poor situation. Surely nobody expects him to do anything else. 

But none of his interviews ever say anything specific. There's nothing wrong with acknowledging that Rider X is struggling, and e.g. he's getting help with machinery or advice about the track. There is a lack of meaningful content in Press releases.

4 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

Still too high though.

Indeed - thought I'd let people work that out - can't spoon feed everyone ;)

Heeps is bound to be given more chances ... after all, he's only just returned from the illness break.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

Why, he rides for Edinburgh. Should be okay? 

Will score under 7. Don't quote me lol

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, 2ndbendbeerhut said:

I wasn't there.... and tbh... not missed it:blink:

waiting for Hawkins to come out and say that if reserves had have been there the Witches would have won..... or blame Doyle for touching tapes in 13...

I think Hawkins has been to the Paul Lambert school of post match interviews he too always managed to see something completely different to everyone else!

7 hours ago, Baldyman said:

And thats the beauty of this team, he and Lawson only scored seven between them and we still got the job done. Assuming the Kildemand spot is properly filled we should be looking to go anywhere and have a chance of winning the meeting.

Heeps has to go, his performances are no different to last season when he got dropped by both of his teams. If that was a wake up call he hasn't learnt from it. If changes aren't made this will be another long short season. But Hawkins will put a positive spin saying at least he won the wooden spoon.

• Haha 1

Ipswich should've got a result in heat 15 last night, but with Doyle not a team rider he totally stopped Danny's run around the outside in turn 1. If he wanted to be out wide he should've started from gate 4 but he came from the inside to totally block Danny. The trouble is both Doyle & King are not team riders.

Couldn't believe Doyle's reaction to hitting the tapes either, giving the ref "the bird" when it is only his fault for hitting the tapes.