British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Bald Bloke

King's Lynn v Peterborough 30/05/22

Although Peterborough were poor in some departments, I actually thought that was the best racing we've seen at King's Lynn this season, and to me, proves the track doesn't really need grading every few heats.. Mr Basso certainly races with all guns blazing!!

I think Lewi being dumped by Ulrich, fired him up, and he was superb all evening. Lovely to see.

10/10 to David Watters for keeping his finger on that 2-minute button throughout the evening, it kept the meeting flowing beautifully. I was home in time for Cocoa and a Custard Cream, instead of an early breakfast.

Now lets sort Ipswich out on Thursday.   

1 minute ago, sandking072 said:

Would anyone have the race times for this meeting please? Thanks in advance.

60.35, 60.85, 61.06, 60.37, 60.69, 60.50, 61.59, 61.41, 61.34, 61.38, 61.47, 62.25, 61.94, 61.82 & 62.44

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Mimmo said:

60.35, 60.85, 61.06, 60.37, 60.69, 60.50, 61.59, 61.41, 61.34, 61.38, 61.47, 62.25, 61.94, 61.82 & 62.44

Thank you so much. And so fast! :D Much appreciated

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mimmo said:

Although Peterborough were poor in some departments, I actually thought that was the best racing we've seen at King's Lynn this season, and to me, proves the track doesn't really need grading every few heats.. Mr Basso certainly races with all guns blazing!!

I think Lewi being dumped by Ulrich, fired him up, and he was superb all evening. Lovely to see.

10/10 to David Watters for keeping his finger on that 2-minute button throughout the evening, it kept the meeting flowing beautifully. I was home in time for Cocoa and a Custard Cream, instead of an early breakfast.

Now lets sort Ipswich out on Thursday.   

Personally thought the track needed grading at least another couple of times.The dirt line was so wide if you were on it you weren't caught.Our Mr entertainment Pickering couldn't do anything in his last 2 races as the ones in front was on that line and the inside gave you nothing,as he said afterwards.Having said that though there was some tough,hard racing but all fair imo

Although the ref kept his fingers on the button,there was that many re-runs we actually finished at the same time as normal.

As with Kerr lets hope this is the turning point in his season,as up until now he has been pretty poor.He was good for Redcar at the weekend with some quick times.Be nice for another max at Ipswich Thursday:approve:

• Like 1

1 minute ago, tellboy said:

Personally thought the track needed grading at least another couple of times.The dirt line was so wide if you were on it you weren't caught.Our Mr entertainment Pickering couldn't do anything in his last 2 races as the ones in front was on that line and the inside gave you nothing,as he said afterwards.Having said that though there was some tough,hard racing but all fair imo

Although the ref kept his fingers on the button,there was that many re-runs we actually finished at the same time as normal.

As with Kerr lets hope this is the turning point in his season,as up until now he has been pretty poor.He was good for Redcar at the weekend with some quick times.Be nice for another max at Ipswich Thursday:approve:

Every rider in the pits was of the same thought train as you. Unfortunately for them, someone else figured that if Peterborough last week didn't need a grade for the whole meeting, then no need at Lynn last night. It just meant there was a 6 inch wide berm of material that everyone wanted to be on and if you missed it you went backwards.

Hans showed his class last night, how to stay ahead whilst not being the quickest guy out there.

• Like 2

If it was decided to not grade so as to get all 15 heats in quickly then fair enough, but grading g needs to happen at some point, it doesn't have to be all or nothing. Sounds like the track was slick due to the forecast which is fine and led to good racing early on but its almost impossible to have good racing for 15 heats without moving the shale around at some point. I'd have thought a brief grade after heat 5 and 10 would work but perhaps no watering led them to just leaving the track alone. 

• Like 1

They perhaps should have taken the opportunity to do quick track grade after falls or when riders had two on the trot, rather than have a specific break for grading. There were at least 4 natural opportunities....

Thoroughly professional job by the stars. Good all round performance. Even Worrall looked on the pace in his last two rides so hopefully he is turning a corner (excuse the pun). Couldn't believe how few points TJ got as was always in the mix. This team is looking better by the week.