British Speedway Forum
Shaleshifter

Poole Pirates Vs Edinburgh Monarchs 1st June

Don't forget Edinburgh fans the meeting is to be streamed by Pirates TV. Check out LIVESTREAM on the Pirates website. £11.99

Unless you intend to watch Scotland v Ukraine footie?

Edited by Skidder1

Like to think there's a fair few Monarch's fans on the southern tour avin been at Plymouth last night.

And fair play to the Monarchs as they nicked a point at the St Boniface Arena something us Pirates cudn't do!

May be a little bit closer than I thought tonight? Or are the Monarchs just dialled in to the smaller tracks better?

Anyways I need to get outta me Turnip bed to get me roots down to the Pirate Ship :D

C'mon the Pirates :t: 

As I’ve said before masters is the best no 1 I’ve seen at our place this season by a long way should be a good meeting tonight.

9 minutes ago, Mike0310 said:

As I’ve said before masters is the best no 1 I’ve seen at our place this season by a long way should be a good meeting tonight.

seems to be in good form in both leagues

32 minutes ago, Mike0310 said:

Masters degree off course tonight?  :D

49 minutes ago, Turnip said:

Masters degree off course tonight?  :D

Boom boom lol

• Haha 1

Remember fans of both clubs, there are still roadworks on Wimborne Road near to Poole Stadium so allow a bit more time to get there!!

Weather is fine with no possibility of even a light shower before Edinburgh arrive.

Also theres a great piece in today's Echo by Danny Ford supporting the Monarch's search for a new track.

http://www.bournemouthecho.co.uk

Edited by Skidder1

Yep, hope the Monarchs do find a solution to their Armadale situation. I am bewildered though after all the years that they've lived on borrowed time that Harkess, in the Star today, knows very little about anything. 

Aces planned when they knew Kirky Lane was coming to an end. 

Hey well :blink:

Nearly in the land of the Pirate as I'm just leaving Bournemouth :t:

Feels soooooo good to be in the land of the  Pirates :party:

Reet where are those wee Krankies? :D

Well done Poole masters brilliant again they nearly got a point  but well done Poole.

Good meeting on a well prepared track. Well to to Trackerman Terry!

Closer than expected but in truth Poole through away a 5-1 when on the last lap Zach Cooks bike died, then a 4-2 when Drew was attempting a pass of Edwards when he overlocked it on bend two, got pinged over the high side and badly winded himself. He continued inthe meeting but was half throttle and unsurprisingly not near a point.

Masters good value, and Pickering had a go but Edinburgh were never going to win. Special mention to Edwards who rode well and battled all night. 
Poole far too strong and even with Drew Kemp getting a nasty tumble we’re in control. Another Special mention to my rider of the night Ben Cook who was excellent. Saw off Masters and Pickering when Edinburgh made their t/r and then I heat 14 went fro. Last to first with two great passing moves.

Next week sees Leicester in town and we can’t afford to have EFs and falls like tonight. Should be a cracker.

Engine failures and falls are part of the game Steve an 8 point win at home does not not strike me that you were far to strong, congratulations on the win though.

The track did look good and well prepared BUT a bit dry and slight dusty to me? Can they not dampen it during the track grades, or do the riders not like that? 

Firstly, well done to Jason Edwards, really good night from him. He definitely kept Edinburgh in it til the end. Good to see a young Brit have a good night.

What a race H9 was, no passing but for Ben Cook to keep Sam Masters behind him for 4 laps, should get paid double for that! ;) lol.

H14 going from 3rd to first in space of bends 3 and 4 was so good, Nij the announcer said 'does he think he's Bomber Harris' !! Lol.

H15 - Edinbugh could nearly have pulled off that 5-1, at one point on first lap Pickering looked like he was going to go through the middle of Worrall and Lawson but they managed to keep the door shut. 

Oh and Paco Castagna, I've never seen one rider been gifted so many points in my life before!! 

Edit- gutted for Nathan Ablitt nearly beat Edwards for a full 4 laps just locked up a tiny bit on last bend and Jason sneaked though. But you can definitely tell Nathan is improving every week. :t:

Edited by lisa-colette
  • Like 2