British Speedway Forum
iainb

Leicester vs Berwick 05/06/22 CL

£22 is less than the equivalent fixture last year isn't it?

36 minutes ago, iainb said:

£24/25 is typical, and I've seen as high as £28 for CL/NL dble headers at various tracks

Edited by arnieg

15 hours ago, iainb said:

Is that a complaint?

22 hours ago, iainb said:

Why is this fixture a double header every year though?

Maybe wasn't going to be this year but teams meet in KOC as well so maybe added?

16 hours ago, iainb said:

Less than the equivalent at Berwick on Saturday night.

1 hour ago, Skodaman said:

Is that a complaint?

It's not bad if you're interested in both matches... unfortunately I have zero interest in the 2nd match

14 minutes ago, Bandit59 said:

Less than the equivalent at Berwick on Saturday night.

Ah... but we've got another double header next week as well!

17 minutes ago, iainb said:

It's not bad if you're interested in both matches... unfortunately I have zero interest in the 2nd match

Ah... but we've got another double header next week as well!

Crikey 

19 minutes ago, iainb said:

Serious question:  Why?   

Surely the future wellbeing of your home town club lies in developing raw British talent.

Why have you zero interest in an NDL match on your home track, featuring riders such as the Thompsons?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, crescent girl said:

Surely the future wellbeing of your home town club lies in developing raw British talent.

Why have you zero interest in an NDL match on your home track, featuring riders such as the Thompsons?

Because there's almost no chance of any of the cubs riders making it into the senior team, let's face it the Thompsons are beyond the level of NDL racing these days and I'm not naive enough to think for one moment that if their points average didn't fit that one or both of them would be shown the door in favour of strengthening the team.

How long have Berwick been running a junior team? Who has graduated into your senior team? Leon Flint? He seems to have a decent future in front of him, the jury is still very much out with Kyle Bickley.

And if any of them do make it to a sufficient standard they'll be off to greener pastures as soon as there's an opportunity to make some serious money. Dan Bewley, Robert Lambert

If you want to follow your junior team, fair enough, absolutely no problem with that what so ever, just don't expect us all to have that same interest and being forced to pay extra admission to not watch them

• Sad 1

9 minutes ago, iainb said:

Because there's almost no chance of any of the cubs riders making it into the senior team, let's face it the Thompsons are beyond the level of NDL racing these days and I'm not naive enough to think for one moment that if their points average didn't fit that one or both of them would be shown the door in favour of strengthening the team.

How long have Berwick been running a junior team? Who has graduated into your senior team? Leon Flint? He seems to have a decent future in front of him, the jury is still very much out with Kyle Bickley.

And if any of them do make it to a sufficient standard they'll be off to greener pastures as soon as there's an opportunity to make some serious money. Dan Bewley, Robert Lambert

If you want to follow your junior team, fair enough, absolutely no problem with that what so ever, just don't expect us all to have that same interest and being forced to pay extra admission to not watch them

Berwick's 2nd season in the NDL and you have mentioned Leon & Kyle. But watching the progress of local lad Mason Watson and 15 years old Ace Pijper, they could feature in the Bandits team in the future.

• Like 3

44 minutes ago, crescent girl said:

The well being of your home town club is more assured (and probably cheaper and easier to deliver), by employing a No1 you will never use and instead use every other teams' riders... :rolleyes:

Seems to work well....;)

Personally, the cost could be prohibitive for those who are not interested in the NDL, but for those who are it could be real VFM...

For me, 30 heats of Speedway do often drag and the tracks are often "bald" early into the second meeting, meaning the racing isnt great, hence the double headers dont engage me..

But, as I say, for the die hard devoted "club before sport fan", it could offer real value...

23 minutes ago, Normski said:

Berwick's 2nd season in the NDL and you have mentioned Leon & Kyle. But watching the progress of local lad Mason Watson and 15 years old Ace Pijper, they could feature in the Bandits team in the future.

Come back to me in 5 years on those :)

3 minutes ago, mikebv said:

The well being of your home town club is more assured (and probably cheaper and easier to deliver), by employing a No1 you will never use and instead use every other teams' riders... :rolleyes:

Seems to work well....;)

Personally, the cost could be prohibitive for those who are not interested in the NDL, but for those who are it could be real VFM...

For me, 30 heats of Speedway do often drag and the tracks are often "bald" early into the second meeting, meaning the racing isnt great, hence the double headers dont engage me..

But, as I say, for the die hard devoted "club before sport fan", it could offer real value...

Never going to happen unless a rule is introduced to include protected "home grown" riders in your team.

15 heats drag on at Leicester, 30 take an eternity! And the Leicester track is not conducive to great junior racing

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, iainb said:

Come back to me in 5 years on those :)

Never going to happen unless a rule is introduced to include protected "home grown" riders in your team.

15 heats drag on at Leicester, 30 take an eternity! And the Leicester track is not conducive to great junior racing

If you don't think that Leicester's track is conducive to great junior racing, you should have been at Berwick for last years double header.  A veritable dust bowl with minimal grading and more importantly, minimal watering all to get both matches done and (literally) dusted before their curfew.  I do hope that they put a better show on this coming Saturday.

58 minutes ago, PowerfulPierre said:

If you don't think that Leicester's track is conducive to great junior racing, you should have been at Berwick for last years double header.  A veritable dust bowl with minimal grading and more importantly, minimal watering all to get both matches done and (literally) dusted before their curfew.  I do hope that they put a better show on this coming Saturday.

Sounds like I dodged a bullet there... will you be returning on Saturday?

3 hours ago, PowerfulPierre said:

Interesting, but untrue. 

Reference to the referee's official report to the SCB on Berwick's double-header on June 5th last year -- endorsed by SCB Track Inspector Mick Bates, who was in attendance -- tells us that 30 heats (plus one re-run) were completed by 21.15, well ahead of the curfew.   

Dust?  Yes, on what the report observes was a dry, sunny June evening, dust appeared after Heat 6, but was controlled.   

What you imply was a meeting being rushed through to meet a curfew was in fact a meeting of 31 starts which was briskly and efficiently presented.

• Like 3