British Speedway Forum
iainb

Leicester vs Berwick 05/06/22 CL

It always when im busy when the meeting is called off like it's fate. Happens every time !

Good call... the forecast is for prolonged heavy rain to sweep across the country. Disappointed as I was looking forward to sampling my first taste of NDL action :lol:

2 hours ago, Lenny Lion said:

THIS MEETING IS NOW OFF !!!

Due to poor weather forecast in Leicester for tomorrow. 

http://www.leicesterspeedway.com/_mobile/news.php?extend.31955.1

WOW! A meeting cancelled due to a weather forecast. God forbid.

When it does rain at least it will keep the "happy clappers" pleased & say justified.

It’s been cold and dull today but hardly any rain in Leicester. So much for the weather forecasters. When the met office get it so wrong, we just shrug our shoulders and smile because we’re British. Just wish folk would respond the same to me when I get my job totally wrong!

• Like 1

And then they wonder when it’s raining but they really do want to get the meeting on, why no one turns up.

And it has to said, for all the shouting that Mr Dickson does about this being the best track, it doesn’t say much if your not confident it can take a little bit of watering.

2 hours ago, Teromaafan said:

Just wish folk would respond the same to me when I get my job totally wrong!

I hope you're not a Dr!

2 hours ago, Teromaafan said:

Just wish folk would respond the same to me when I get my job totally wrong!

13 minutes ago, iainb said:

I hope you're not a Dr!

Nah, he's a promoter

or was it a referee?

21 hours ago, Teromaafan said:

It’s been cold and dull today but hardly any rain in Leicester. So much for the weather forecasters. When the met office get it so wrong, we just shrug our shoulders and smile because we’re British. Just wish folk would respond the same to me when I get my job totally wrong!

I live 7miles from the centre of Leicester and seven miles from the stadium. It didn,t stop raining until late afternoon and so the call was right in my opinion.

• Like 2

The call was definitely right!! I've been to the track today, could not even walk on it without it clumping up on my boots, not a chance of getting a tractor on it today, I have taken around 20 thousand ltrs of water from the drains and track tonight. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Skodaman said:

I live 7miles from the centre of Leicester and seven miles from the stadium. It didn,t stop raining until late afternoon and so the call was right in my opinion.

You only have to look at what happened at Wolves last night to know it was exactly the correct decision

• Like 1