British Speedway Forum
racers and royals

SON 2022 27th-30th July Vojens Denmark live on TV

4 minutes ago, baiden said:

In the Zmarzlik era though, they won in Prague in 2013 and Manchester in 2016 (only losing out in Vojens in 2015) - plus they top scored in both the Tolyatti and Belle Vue Speedway of Nations (despite losing the Grand Final). That's not exactly poor performances.

Plus, if we look at the junior categories, Poland have been pretty dominant outside of Poland.

Zmarzlik didn't ride in the 2013 final, LOST in Vojens, LOST in Togliatti, LOST at BV :)

I'll grant you about the juniors, but the juniors don't always go on to be world beaters

Edited by iainb
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, iainb said:

Zmarzlik didn't ride in the 2013 final, LOST in Vojens, LOST in Togliatti, LOST at BV :)

I'll grant you about the juniors, but the juniors don't always go on to be world beaters

Yeah, sorry, I edited my post to mention about 2013. Well, I'll remind you of this thread after Saturday! :) I really hope I'm wrong though.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, baiden said:

Yeah, sorry, I edited my post to mention about 2013. Well, I'll remind you of this thread after Saturday! :) I really hope I'm wrong though.

Yes somebody will win... and if it's the Poles I'll take my hat off to them as imo it'll be a bigger achievement than winning it on home soil.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

Some Club over needs to sign Levishyn on a  quick refugee Visa.Looks exciting and would do Job.!!

Levishyn (and Salonen) are already in the Polish system so I doubt if you could persuade them to take what would be regarded as a step down in their career progress and come to the UK (although Jonas Knudsen who is at a similar level and age has).

And how long would it take to get a visa for someone who already has full time employment (and probably a history of residence) in Poland?

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, iainb said:

Yes somebody will win... and if it's the Poles I'll take my hat off to them as imo it'll be a bigger achievement than winning it on home soil.

Was looking at how the Poles have scored points in meetings outside of Poland. Just looking at the Speedway of Nations, I think it proves both of our points. Zmarzlik has been pretty dominant, but the rest of the Poles have definitely struggled.

Bartosz Zmarzlik - 129

Rest of Poland - 84

Maciej Janowski 37, Patryk Dudek 23, Dominik Kubera 13, Maksym Drabik 6, Jakub Miskowiak 3, Bartosz Smektala 2

Edited by baiden
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, baiden said:

Was looking at how the Poles have scored points in meetings outside of Poland. Just looking at the Speedway of Nations, I think it proves both of our points. Zmarzlik has been pretty dominant, but the rest of the Poles have definitely struggled.

Bartosz Zmarzlik - 129

Rest of Poland - 84

Maciej Janowski 37, Patryk Dudek 23, Dominik Kubera 13, Maksym Drabik 6, Jakub Miskowiak 3, Bartosz Smektala 2

Back in the day when people were questioning why the Brits were no good on the world stage an argument was that they had it too easy at home, when BL ruled the roost. I think you could probably use the same argument for the Poles, they have it very easy at home with the big pay packets and adulation. I don't think it's any coincidence that the Brits have come on so much now that none of them ride in Britain. It's akin to living at home with your mum doing all you cooking and cleaning and when you get your own place you have to man-up a bit.

That's why I think Magic should ditch riding in Poland if he has aspirations of becoming World Champion, he has it far too easy rolling up to Wroclaw every week in his luxury car, going through the motions and leaving with a boot full of Zlotys

• Like 2

2 hours ago, iainb said:

I've said it before and I'll say it again... the Poles ain't all that outside of Poland, history and the record books tells us this

Not sure why they went with janowski, kubera better choice imo 

4 minutes ago, THE DEAN MACHINE said:

Not sure why they went with janowski, kubera better choice imo 

Agree ,Janowski is struggling a bit this season.Kubera is having a great season.While the Poles take their Team Speedway seriously dont think they will be losing too much sleep over the SON.It was designed to stop them winning the World Team Cup every Year.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

Agree ,Janowski is struggling a bit this season.Kubera is having a great season.While the Poles take their Team Speedway seriously dont think they will be losing too much sleep over the SON.It was designed to stop them winning the World Team Cup every Year.

Is Kubera really having a better season than Janowski?

50 minutes ago, baiden said:

Is Kubera really having a better season than Janowski?

Just my opinion,I’m a Janowski fan he’s doing alright but not dominating like last few seasons,where as Kubera is regularly beating the Top men and improving IMO

Macic has been under more pressure this season with R/R for Laguta and injuries to Chugenov and it’s taking its toll. IMO.

Edited by Fromafar

We should easily qualify tonight and we haven’t been this strong in a good few years, Bewley is a far more mature rider than he was this time last year, gating on a slick track could be our weakness but even that shouldn’t see us really troubled tonight 

• Like 1

What tv channel is this being shown on?

Apologies if I have missed it.

Cheers 

2 hours ago, baiden said:

Plus, if we look at the junior categories, Poland have been pretty dominant outside of Poland.

Year Venue Pos 1 2 3 4 5
2005 Czechoslovakia 1st Janusz Kołodziej Krystian Klecha Marcin Rempała Krzysztof Kasprzak Karol Ząbik
2006 Poland 1st Krzysztof Buczkowski Adrian Miedziński Paweł Hlib Karol Ząbik Paweł Miesiąc
2007 Germany 1st Karol Zabik Pawel Hlib Krzysztof Buczkowski Mateusz Szczepaniak Adrian Gomólski
2008 Denmark 1st Michał Mitko Artur Mroczka Grzegorz Zengota Maciej Janowski Daniel Pytel
2009 Poland 1st Dawid Lampart Maciej Janowski Grzegorz Zengota Przemysław Pawlicki Artur Mroczka
2010 UK 3rd Maciej Janowski Patryk Dudek Artur Mroczka Przemyslaw Pawlick Szymon Wozniak
2011 Russia 5th Patryk Dudek Przemysław Pawlicki Maciej Janowski Bartosz Zmarzlik Piotr Pawlicki
2012 Poland 1st Patryk Dudek Maciej Janowski Tobiasz Musielak Przemyslaw Pawlick Bartosz Zmarzlik
2013 Czechia 2nd Patryk Dudek Paweł Przedpełski Piotr Pawlicki Bartosz Zmarzlik  
2014 Denmark 1st Bartosz Zmarzlik Piotr Pawlicki Kacper Gomolski Pawel Przedpelski  
2015 Australia 1st Maksym Drabik Piotr Pawlicki Bartosz Zmarzlik Pawel Przedpelski  
2016 Sweden 1st Krystian Pieszczek Bartosz Zmarzlik Pawel Przedpelski Bartosz Smektala Daniel Kaczmarek
2017 Poland 1st Bartosz Smektala Kacper Woryna Maksym Drabik Dominik Kubera Rafal Karczmarz
2018 Germany 1st Rafal Karczmarz Daniel Kaczmarek Maksym Drabik Bartosz Smektala Wiktor Lampart
2019 UK 1st Maksym Drabik Dominik Kubera Wiktor Lampart Bartosz Smektala Michal Gruchalski
2020 Germany 1st Wiktor Lampart Norbert Krakowiak Viktor Trofimov Jakub Miskowiak Dominik Kubera
2021 Poland 1st Jakub Miskowiak Wiktor Lampart Mateusz Cierniak  

Like you say dominant... they must be wondering where it's all going wrong at senior level