British Speedway Forum
FishersGate

Why does everybody hate Poole?

44 minutes ago, ScottyJ said:

I still find it strange the my club Leicester are a big pull for fans when we visit them. My dad said we were crap for years at blackbird road never won anything. I mean our first silverware EVER was a few years ago. 

Leicester, like King's Lynn, in general av never been competitive enough to win things in the top flight such as when they were at Blackbird Road. But they did  av some high profile riders ride for them in the top flight.

Leicester's budget can afford a better number of quality riders in the lower league & now that they av an extremely astute team manager to go with the team they are an attractive team to watch.

Mind yer, they may not look that attractive after me Pirates av finished with em on Wednesday! :D

Edited by Turnip

3 minutes ago, JC81 said:

Does anyone want to start a "why does everyone hate Glasgow" thread?:lol::neutral:

Go on then!! I'm not really up to date on the reasons why Glasgow are hated! 

23 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

I'm sure between us all we could come up with a list...

It looks like we already have in this thread!!

Edited by JC81
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

Neither am I, probably jealousy that we are still going as many opposing fans predicted we would be a car park within 5 years, the fact that we are getting recognised for top FIM meetings, the list goes on, they hate us and Poole for different reasons

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

It's as simple as this, when the paupers became kings the kings became paupers.

• Like 2

I had a Wolves fan shout & scream sum very colourful language at me at Monmore when he shared his thoughts about Poole after Freddie Lindgren had been passed. 

Needless to say after this chap's second outburst of beeps the stewards came over & shared their thoughts with him!

Yes, the Pirates won there that evening ahhhhhh bisto! :D

p.s I av no dislike of Wolves because of this, just the one odd ball who thought he was setting a fine example in front of his young son.

Edited by Turnip

2 hours ago, Cookiefan said:

Neither am I, probably jealousy that we are still going as many opposing fans predicted we would be a car park within 5 years, the fact that we are getting recognised for top FIM meetings, the list goes on, they hate us and Poole for different reasons

Do people hate Glasgow? I dislike them from a rivalry perspective which I think is to be expected. I’d support Glasgow over Poole any day of the week though. 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, ScottyJ said:

I'm so glad I started this thread this is pure entertainment 

If you started it when Poole were in the Prem prob would have got 20 pages on it in one day lol.

2 hours ago, Turnip said:

I had a Wolves fan shout & scream sum very colourful language at me at Monmore when he shared his thoughts about Poole after Freddie Lindgren had been passed. 

Needless to say after this chap's second outburst of beeps the stewards came over & shared their thoughts with him!

Yes, the Pirates won there that evening ahhhhhh bisto! :D

p.s I av no dislike of Wolves because of this, just the one odd ball who thought he was setting a fine example in front of his young son.

Yeah a few Wolves fans are like that there. Thing is I will cheer for Poole riders during a race, they don't like it! Either get told we're s### when we were winning at the time or that we were cheats! lol. Well no need to worry about that now in different league!

11 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

Yeah a few Wolves fans are like that there. Thing is I will cheer for Poole riders during a race, they don't like it! Either get told we're s### when we were winning at the time or that we were cheats! lol. Well no need to worry about that now in different league!

Well we always were and are in a different league to Wolves!.......oh I am nawty! :rofl:

..........apart from when Lindback was a no show in the 2nd leg of a play off semi there!  :nono:

Edited by Turnip

6 hours ago, lisa-colette said:

Like Poole, because of jealousy.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, tyretrax said:

Like Poole, because of jealousy.

Don't go thinking you are going to be taking that title away from us!! ;)

I LOVE POOLE and I love liddle squidgy things :D