British Speedway Forum
crescent girl

BERWICK v LEICESTER (double-header) June 4th (6.30pm)

Once again only 3 Home riders had a Heat win as opposed to the away Team had 5.says it all really.Injuries or not home riders should all be capable of a heat win.

• Like 2

Full credit to Leicester. Quicker out of the gate all night. Edwards was a master stroke. The Thompson’s were able back up  to boot. Bit of needle after heat 15 but from where we were Harris is in front going into the corner and what’s he supposed to do. Turn the bike or go straight into the fence. Yea it’s the 3rd home defeat but it’s not without injuries and bits of bad luck. Crowds are up by the look of it and who doesn’t enjoy a close meeting. Gone are the days of filling in yer programme after the first 2 bends. I’m sure the lads will battle on and give their all  . Good win for the bullits to finish off the evening 

• Like 2

Leicester reserves paid 19pts ours paid 6 tells the story. Jye back next week apparently so hopefully pull back the 12pts deficit and keep this season going 

• Like 1

I'm starting to think Berwick are lucky Newcastle are so poor, otherwise the Bandits would be in a fight to avoid the wooden spoon!

7 hours ago, Stuntdouble said:

Full credit to Leicester. Quicker out of the gate all night. Edwards was a master stroke. The Thompson’s were able back up  to boot. Bit of needle after heat 15 but from where we were Harris is in front going into the corner and what’s he supposed to do. Turn the bike or go straight into the fence. Yea it’s the 3rd home defeat but it’s not without injuries and bits of bad luck. Crowds are up by the look of it and who doesn’t enjoy a close meeting. Gone are the days of filling in yer programme after the first 2 bends. I’m sure the lads will battle on and give their all  . Good win for the bullits to finish off the evening 

Take it you stand on the third bend,and can see into the pits?

2 good meetings with good racing.

I felt for poor lad Vinnie Foord in 2nd match, never seen someone’s silencer fall off before and even came loose a second time. No wonder he wasn’t happy with his mechanic.

It was very dangerous when fell off on first bend and the ref didn’t notice it until they had done a full lap and passed it :angry:

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Bandit59 said:

Take it you stand on the third bend,and can see into the pits?

Yip but somebody’s Snapchat made the rounds pretty quickly. 

9 minutes ago, Stuntdouble said:

Yip but somebody’s Snapchat made the rounds pretty quickly. 

One of my mates who stands on the third bend , when he came round was telling me .

Three homes defeats now means its virtually impossible for Berwick to make the play offs, something I thought this team was capable of. To qualify for the play offs Berwick will need to do some very odd things like getting full point wins at the likes of Poole, Leicester etc, something that`s not going to happen. So as we are this morning the Berwick Championship season at home will end on Saturday August 6th.

Berwick lead only once last night, at the end of heat one, after that Leicester were pretty much control all night. Very good guest choice in Jason Edwards, sadly Berwick`s choice of guest couldn't do the same and giving the amount of laps he has done round Berwick that`s disappointing to say the least. Good to see Flint back to some kind of form and Harris continues to lead the team, the rest need to look at themselves.

Hopefully next Saturday will see the return of Jye Etheridge, can`t come quick enough.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, screm said:

Three homes defeats now means its virtually impossible for Berwick to make the play offs, something I thought this team was capable of. To qualify for the play offs Berwick will need to do some very odd things like getting full point wins at the likes of Poole, Leicester etc, something that`s not going to happen. So as we are this morning the Berwick Championship season at home will end on Saturday August 6th.

Berwick lead only once last night, at the end of heat one, after that Leicester were pretty much control all night. Very good guest choice in Jason Edwards, sadly Berwick`s choice of guest couldn't do the same and giving the amount of laps he has done round Berwick that`s disappointing to say the least. Good to see Flint back to some kind of form and Harris continues to lead the team, the rest need to look at themselves.

Hopefully next Saturday will see the return of Jye Etheridge, can`t come quick enough.

Spoke to Jye who was watching from 3rd bend. I asked him when he was back he said next Saturday I said thank god or words to that effect

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Normski said:

Spoke to Jye who was watching from 3rd bend. I asked him when he was back he said next Saturday I said thank god or words to that effect

Can imagine the “words” to that effect.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Normski said:

I know they wouldn’t have been the words used :lol:

4 hours ago, Normski said:

Averaging over 11 points a meeting at Shielfield before injury. Been a huge miss. 

22 minutes ago, Shadders said:

Averaging over 11 points a meeting at Shielfield before injury. Been a huge miss. 

Etheridge needs to hit the ground running so to speak next Saturday if Berwick are to stand any chance of progressing in the KOC. Maybe he could've used tomorrows meeting at Belle Vue as practice for next Saturday.

Things just not going Berwick's way at the moment (get 3 of potentially, the 4 strongest teams when missing riders).

I thought the some of the starts were quite bad last night (warn Nick in heat 1 and he has his back wheel spinning in all his races). It was good that the ref caught out Kyle Howarth once when he was going backwards (the race he finished last in).

Thought Chris was in front of Nick in heat he was excluded (there was a couple of instances where the Berwick riders had to shut off or they would have ended in the fence so surely the same applies to Nick).

In heat 12 one of the Berwick riders had to shut of due to Jason being on one wheel and possibly not being in full control entering the first bend so could have been a restart if you are excluding Chris Harris.

The most baffling thing was what the Leicester riders were doing to the tapes? They were releasing the tapes, playing about with the kickers and magnet etc. Why is a team allowed to interfere with equipment not relevant to them?