British Speedway Forum
Bald Bloke

King's Lynn v Ipswich 09/06

3 hours ago, 89buttons said:

Engine failures happen, that’s like penalties over the course of a season they even out, and if they don’t you’ve got to question machinery prep.

the track is the same for everyone, I’m sorry but Richard Lawson is an exceptionally experienced rider so saying we were lucky the track suited king and barker and not him is utter rubbish - especially when lynn is typically a grippy track.

we were also missing starke who ran up a big score at lynn last season so as big a miss as your riders.

harris is great form and iversen less so, so no real difference.

tj form up and down this season, 6+1 for his rides isn’t far off the mark.

desperately sad the injuries jack sustained, think he’s looked like he’s really progressing well this season - but you can’t use him being out as an excuse when worrall the far superior reserve took his two vacated rides, if you’re pinning us being “lucky winners” on Mulford taking 1 ride in the meeting

pure excuses, the better side on the night won

couldnt agree more 

3 hours ago, 89buttons said:

Engine failures happen, that’s like penalties over the course of a season they even out, and if they don’t you’ve got to question machinery prep.

the track is the same for everyone, I’m sorry but Richard Lawson is an exceptionally experienced rider so saying we were lucky the track suited king and barker and not him is utter rubbish - especially when lynn is typically a grippy track.

we were also missing starke who ran up a big score at lynn last season so as big a miss as your riders.

desperately sad the injuries jack sustained, think he’s looked like he’s really progressing well this season - but you can’t use him being out as an excuse when worrall the far superior reserve took his two vacated rides, if you’re pinning us being “lucky winners” on Mulford taking 1 ride in the meeting

I will give another slant on your report.

Agree E/Fs happen in this sport.

The track is the same for everyone and the experienced riders should do better,this must be why so many Ipswich  fans have been on King's back all season.

Starke ran up 14pts from reserve last season from 7 rides,9 of those points came from finishing ahead of Mountain,Heeps and Kemp.So i don't know why people expected another good score from Starke from only 4 rides against a lot better Lynn team from last season.

Harris in great form,he did score a max last time out,but other than that not been brilliant.Iversen top of our averages away and at home this season.

Jorgensen is the enigma to me,normally so good at home,but so poor away.This was the reason he wouldn't have been in my team this season.But he has warranted his place so far and has done better than in previous seasons.

Jack has been very good for Lynn he will be missed.But he would have had to take 3 rides so Mulford took his last one not Worrall,they were reserve switches that you probably got confused with.I'm sure if Jack was fit he would have taken 4 rides which would have allowed Worrall to have taken one of Lawsons.But as it panned out he had to take one of Jacks and two R/R rides.

Better team won on the night and that's how it happens.

8 minutes ago, tellboy said:

I will give another slant on your report.

Agree E/Fs happen in this sport.

The track is the same for everyone and the experienced riders should do better,this must be why so many Ipswich  fans have been on King's back all season.

Starke ran up 14pts from reserve last season from 7 rides,9 of those points came from finishing ahead of Mountain,Heeps and Kemp.So i don't know why people expected another good score from Starke from only 4 rides against a lot better Lynn team from last season.

Harris in great form,he did score a max last time out,but other than that not been brilliant.Iversen top of our averages away and at home this season.

Jorgensen is the enigma to me,normally so good at home,but so poor away.This was the reason he wouldn't have been in my team this season.But he has warranted his place so far and has done better than in previous seasons.

Jack has been very good for Lynn he will be missed.But he would have had to take 3 rides so Mulford took his last one not Worrall,they were reserve switches that you probably got confused with.I'm sure if Jack was fit he would have taken 4 rides which would have allowed Worrall to have taken one of Lawsons.But as it panned out he had to take one of Jacks and two R/R rides.

Better team won on the night and that's how it happens.

Pretty irrelevant as R/R for him here managed 4 points. Not exactly fanciful thinking that he might have at least managed that although of course we’ll never know. Matters not anyway. Only thing that matters and counts, are points on the board and we took another three :D

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

As I said on Thursday too many things didn't go our way, that's sport. Our visitors took advantage and well done to them. We've had several matches this season where riders have been missing from our opponents line up so no complaints. The only crumb of comfort is that we didn't let Ipswich leave with all four points.

Hopefully we won't have another meeting where we have three riders missing for the majority as whatever the merits of guests, R/R or reserve cover there is nothing like having all seven present and correct.

• Like 2

19 hours ago, 89buttons said:

We had 3 efs to your none.

We had 2 riders missing to your 1 and lost one on the night.

Thomas LOVES a grippy track and NKI too tbh so I suspect they would've scored highly.

The score was so close on the night that I believe we would've taken the win but for our injuries and efs.

We'll agree to disagree :D