British Speedway Forum
crescent girl

BERWICK v REDCAR (KO Cup) plus NJL (Academy v Tees-side Tigers) July 16th 7pm

13 minutes ago, BuxtonTiger said:

As was Newcastle staff shortage for a Sunday and they are a Sunday track!!

Should go back to the olden days, when no-one went to work on a Sunday!,,, you'd get plenty staff? :blink:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, IronScorpion said:

This, I think, is the 3rd meeting cancelled in these last few weeks due to staffing issues. It just shows how bad life is at the moment with trained personnel whether track staff, paramedics, NHS staff & others are in short supply at this trying time. 

5 hours ago, BuxtonTiger said:

It's the 4th, Redcar 2, Newcastle 1 and Berwick 1. Along with Wolverhampton 's wrong type of dry day this week I await the next new postponement excuse!!

The Sport really is starting to crack at the seams.Struggle to run meeting due to staffing levels is not good news.(Mostly volunteers)

Lack of Paramedics is a real concern as the situation on that front is not going to improve quickly,and is a major headache( apart from expense).

l

• Like 1

On 6/10/2022 at 11:37 AM, IronScorpion said:

This, I think, is the 3rd meeting cancelled in these last few weeks due to staffing issues. It just shows how bad life is at the moment with trained personnel whether track staff, paramedics, NHS staff & others are in short supply at this trying time. 

But Harris is missing isn't he? Is that not the real staffing issue? 

32 minutes ago, Al Stewart said:

But Harris is missing isn't he? Is that not the real staffing issue? 

Craig Cook was due to guest.

58 minutes ago, screm said:

Craig Cook was due to guest.

Maybe he will be able to guest in a fortnight to make up for it.

Currently steady rain within sight of the track. Probably would’ve been postponed anyway. 

*edit*
Now raining heavily at 1850

Edited by Shadders

33 minutes ago, Shadders said:

Currently steady rain within sight of the track. Probably would’ve been postponed anyway. 

*edit*
Now raining heavily at 1850

God works in mysterious ways.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Once again, the FTS Bandits lose a rider to international duty, with Leon Flint called up by Team GB to contest U-19 Euro Pairs (with Oxford's Sam Hagon) in Latvia on Saturday.

However, the squad welcome back former captain Aaron 'Spud' Summers to take Leon's place for what is a very important cup-tie against the Bears, who have snapped up former Bandit Kyle Bickley following the closure of Newcastle.   Kyle remains at Berwick as a Bullet, captaining the NDL squad, and will doubtless be anxious to prove the Bandits wrong for letting him move on.

Following the main event, there will be another NJL mini-match, this week between Berwick's Academy youngsters and Tees=side Tigers.

FTS Bandits:  1 Chris Harris (capt), 2 Theo Pijper, 3 Jye Etheridge, 4 Ricky Wells, 5 Aaron Summers (guest), 6 Jonas Knudsen, 7 Nathan Stoneman

Bears: 1 Charles Wright, 2 Jason Edwards, 3 Erik Riss, 4 Kasper Andersen, 5 Lewis Kerr, 6 Kyle Bickley,  7 Jordan Jenkins

Academy: 1 Ace Pijper, 2 Owen Booth, 3 Stene Pijper, 4 Liam Morris

Tigers: 1 Edward Davidson, 2 Laylen Richardson, 3 Dan McTeer, 4 Rocco Webb

To encourage their preferred policy of pre-payment, the club will continue their "Kids Go Free" deal for customers who their tickets online.

Adults £17, Concession/OAP/Students £13, accompanied Juniors (12-15) £5 -- free if booked online.  Accompanied Children (Under 12) £1 -- free if booked online.

Online bookings from:     https://www.berwickspeedway.com/tickets

Edited by crescent girl
NDL update

Are season tickets valid for this fixture? 

12 hours ago, DSC67 said:

Are season tickets valid for this fixture? 

Says on the back of mine valid for KO Cup first round so should be, won't be valid for Semi's and Final

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Normski said:

Says on the back of mine valid for KO Cup first round so should be, won't be valid for Semi's and Final

Maybe they knew something back then lol

I was slightly hopeful before last nights Glasgow meeting. Not at all hopeful now after the carnage of this week. 

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Shadders said:

I was slightly hopeful before last nights Glasgow meeting. Not at all hopeful now after the carnage of this week. 

Berwick have certainly had some cruel luck this week, for tonight Aaron Summers, as guest is an equal for Leon flint so Berwick wont lose out much there. Seems that Etheridge is ready to ride tonight as well as Pijper, much will depend on their fitness as to how close Berwick get to clawing back the 12pys, personally I see it as to much even with a fully fit team so with a weakened team I see nothing other than Redcar going through.

Perfect weather though.