British Speedway Forum
Phil83

Newcastle now closed !!!

21 minutes ago, proud panther said:

Surely there should be a payment owed to season ticket holders ?

Yep but I doubt it and told us we would be refunded.Has anyone got any idea how much roughly that is owed on the season ticket?

Within the Statement of Affairs, on the Summary of Liabilities page, there is an amount of £8,872 owing to 'consumer creditors'. I would guess season ticket holders are included in that figure?

1 hour ago, King Jamie said:

Within the Statement of Affairs, on the Summary of Liabilities page, there is an amount of £8,872 owing to 'consumer creditors'. I would guess season ticket holders are included in that figure?

I think you are absolutely right and probably the whole  amount attributable to season ticket holders.

If that is the case, my understanding is that they will rank as unsecured creditors meaning that after liquidators fees etc, won't get a penny back.

5 hours ago, arnieg said:

And just what were Newcastle speedway paying Nick Brown for?

I would suggest that he paid that as a sponsor for free attendance and advert in the programme.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, soupy said:

Yep but I doubt it and told us we would be refunded.Has anyone got any idea how much roughly that is owed on the season ticket?

Anyone know how to fill the form in from the liquidator? For a start not even sure how much I'm entitled to. Not holding out much hope but going to try and fill it in anyway.

Just start typing and answering questions usually a good place to start

29 minutes ago, Winditon said:

Anyone know how to fill the form in from the liquidator? For a start not even sure how much I'm entitled to. Not holding out much hope but going to try and fill it in anyway.

Divide the cost of the ticket by the expected number of home meetings that were covered by the ticket and then multiply this number by the amount of meetings you didn't get to see and this will be roughly what you are owed

180 ticket say ÷ 12 meetings =15 quid per meeting... and if there were 6 home meetings left you are due 90 quid back as a refund... I don't know the exact figures / cost / meetings but it will give you an idea...

Beware though because if there isn't enough money in the pot to pay the debtors in full the liquidators / administrator  may only have enough funds to pay out say 50 pence in the pound so you will only get half of what you will be actually owed... or in the case we had where we got 0.02 pence in the pound... in that scenario you would only get £1.80 back against the 90 quid (ish) you lost...

Regards 

THJ

• Like 2

7 hours ago, TotallyHonestJohn said:

Divide the cost of the ticket by the expected number of home meetings that were covered by the ticket and then multiply this number by the amount of meetings you didn't get to see and this will be roughly what you are owed

180 ticket say ÷ 12 meetings =15 quid per meeting... and if there were 6 home meetings left you are due 90 quid back as a refund... I don't know the exact figures / cost / meetings but it will give you an idea...

Beware though because if there isn't enough money in the pot to pay the debtors in full the liquidators / administrator  may only have enough funds to pay out say 50 pence in the pound so you will only get half of what you will be actually owed... or in the case we had where we got 0.02 pence in the pound... in that scenario you would only get £1.80 back against the 90 quid (ish) you lost...

Regards 

THJ

Thanks John

• Thanks 1

18 hours ago, Aceslider said:

I think you are absolutely right and probably the whole  amount attributable to season ticket holders.

If that is the case, my understanding is that they will rank as unsecured creditors meaning that after liquidators fees etc, won't get a penny back.

Which is exactly what happened when the Phillips promotion at Birmingham went bust in 2014. So don't hold your breath for repayment ... :angry:

20 hours ago, Tsunami said:

I would suggest that he paid that as a sponsor for free attendance and advert in the programme.

In which case wouldn't a whole host of other sponsors appear as creditors? Can't imagine he'd be the biggest sponsor?

This would relate to a payment due to Nick Brown MP, for services provided, which is outstanding?

Interesting.  I recall Nick Brown chaired an All Party Speedway Commons Committee way back.  Wonder if it relates in some way to that? Or perhaps Grant was seeking political support in securing an alternative site.  Anyone fancy doing a FOI on this one?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, enotian said:

In which case wouldn't a whole host of other sponsors appear as creditors? Can't imagine he'd be the biggest sponsor?

This would relate to a payment due to Nick Brown MP, for services provided, which is outstanding?

Interesting.  I recall Nick Brown chaired an All Party Speedway Commons Committee way back.  Wonder if it relates in some way to that? Or perhaps Grant was seeking political support in securing an alternative site.  Anyone fancy doing a FOI on this one?

They are.

On 8/25/2022 at 9:01 AM, Aceslider said:
  • Directors - £33K
  • Arena Racing Company - £10.5K
  • BSPA - £14K
  • Grants Butchers - £3.5K
  • VAT - £2.4K
  • Nick Brown MP - £600

where? or is there a more extensive list?